1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sartoria Pino Peluso Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mark Lee Jin Yi, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Mark Lee Jin Yi

Mark Lee Jin Yi Senior member

The peak lapels on the finished suits look amazing! But from my fitting pictures, the peak lapels seem a little too horizontal, and not angled upwards enough. Hence it is like a "half-peak" lapel.

I did tell Pino to angle it slightly higher if he can, but we'll see how it turns out!

2. Draxlerbrandt

Draxlerbrandt New Member

3. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Thats a pretty god in-depth story.

On the side note, I have noticed that most if not all my SGP tailoring friends have fencing thighs and like their trousers really slim.

Best of luck in your practice in SGP, I suppose you will finish your pupillage before heading back to SGP.

4. TriTTran

TriTTran Member

@Mark Lee Jin Yi I wonder if you have received the final suit from Peluso. How can you describe about the experience and the fit? Moreover, can you post some pics of the final suit pls :)

5. Mark Lee Jin Yi

Mark Lee Jin Yi Senior member

Unfortunately the suit has had to undergo major re-alteration and I'm still waiting for Pino to send it back to me!

1 person likes this.
  6. Gumball1850

Gumball1850 Member

Hi Mark,

Any follow up ?

7. Daria0idk

Daria0idk New Member

Hello guys! I'm sorry if I do it wrong way, I'm absolutely new to this forum)) But I need your help!) My name is Daria and I'm stuck with the problem of choosing Neapolitan sartoria. My idea is to arrange the appointment for bespoke jacket, pay for it, get some kind of gift certificate via post mail and give it as a birthday present to my friend. So he could go to Napoli and have all those fittings, etc.))) Looks like adventure to me!))
    I've read tons of information and looked through thousands of pictures on sartorias in Napoli. I narrowed my search by price range and style but still can't understand the reliability of tailors. So if you could give me the peace of advice I'd be very happy!)) So here are my foundings:
    Caliendo, Rubinacci, Caracceni all are too expensive for me as I'm planing to spend 2000 euros max for a jacket
    Volpe, Pianco, Paone - too old fashioned for my taste
    Attollini, Bellucci - too commercial and probably too expensive as well))) Thou Attolini jackets are exactly what I want by style
    Orazio Luciano doesn't take new customers - too busy with trunk shows))
    So I am left with Solito, Peluso, Ciardi, Caracciolo, Bagnoli and Pirozzi. I read good and bad reviews on most of them so I'm absolutely unsure whom I should choose...
    I need someone who will make bespoke jacket that fits perfect, who has enough taste to make it look modern but not vulgar (I like all the funny details like bright patterned linen, unusual color of buttons, etc) and who will actually finish it))) without any problems or delay.
    So thank you in advance and exuse my English - it's not my native language))

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

You pay for reliability. More expensive = more reliable. This is an amazingly thoughtful gift, however, due to the logistics you mentioned at the pricepoint you mentioned, this may not turn out the way you would like. If you had unlimited budget, I would recommend Rubinacci or Attolini based upon likely reliability.

1 person likes this.
  9. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

This is not a usual approach in getting bespoke...In many cases you need to pay in cash as well. In bespoke you need to make your own experience, everybody is different with different tastes and priorities, expectations... But among tailors you mention i tried Solito and Pirozzi(Nunzio), both are good but i prefer Pirozzi. He made me a better fitting jacket than Solito. Solito has a very nice style though..

10. Gumball1850

Gumball1850 Member

As far as I am concerned I am still happy working with Pino Peluso. Great communication, pro and friendly, very neapolitan but not too much or overexagerate.
    My next jacket is on the way !
    Ciardi is very good as well, as Sartoria dal Cuore for sample... If you want a perfect timing no delay and so on, don't work with neapolitan or buy RTW ! ;)[​IMG]

11. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

seconded!

12. Daria0idk

Daria0idk New Member

I believe that reliability doesn't depend on income)))

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  13. Daria0idk

Daria0idk New Member

Thank you all very much! I know it's a bit complicated kind of gift but I deal with bespoke orders all the time (I'm an interior desiger) so I just see it as another project that needs detailed preparations))) Hope my friend would't be dissapointed)
    Since my post I've found several more names: Edesim, Sodano, Chiaia))) Did anybody have any experience with them?