• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldLondon

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's funny that white won even though lots of people contributing to the thread would prefer some other colour :-D
We can only assume all the white sneaker voters are happy with the outcome :p

ArchibaldLondon

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How about mixing of different leather types, like kangaroo leather with suede accents? Or some antiqued finishes?
An interesting thought, we'll take it to the craftsmen to see if this is doable though it seems people's preference overall is for a clean, uniform appearance...

CWV

Reaction score
I think if we were to go down the route of having some other colour options, we would explore tonal soles. In the survey, white soles won over 50% of the vote but as most people also voted for a white upper this indicates there is a preference for tonal...

Of the people who did not vote for white upper, what percentage vote for white soles?

ArchibaldLondon

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Of the people who did not vote for white upper, what percentage vote for white soles?

31% of those who didn't want a white upper wanted white soles! Would a more exact breakdown of voting be useful for people to see how we arrived at the sample variations?

ArchibaldLondon

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
CAN you post some pictures of actual sneakers in the selected silhouete? That way we can make more real comments on the subject
We'll have samples made up and will post pictures of them here- just wanted some interim feedback before we did so.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
31% of those who didn't want a white upper wanted white soles! Would a more exact breakdown of voting be useful for people to see how we arrived at the sample variations?
If not useful, definitely interesting :) I personally don't have anything against white soles and find them cool, but different leathers help the model stand out a bit and not be another generic nice sneaker.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes that would be interesting.

I also like some variation with the sole color.

dhoff10

Reaction score
If not useful, definitely interesting :) I personally don't have anything against white soles and find them cool, but different leathers help the model stand out a bit and not be another generic nice sneaker.
My main concern with white soles is maintenance. Get them a little dirty and they look tired.

CWV

Reaction score
My main concern with white soles is maintenance. Get them a little dirty and they look tired.
That’s why I say off white. I have a pair of Lacoste sneakers with of white soles and looks great

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, if the upper isn't white then I find white soles have too much contrast. I'd prefer a brown upper and tan/beige/lighter brown sole

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be the odd poster and say I think white kangaroo is great. My baseball cleats back in the day were white kanga.

Last edited:

MattJB

Reaction score
As we've said above, it's easy for us to add colour options for the chosen silhouette/feature combinations- in fact that's probably the easiest component to add or alter, and we see your point about throwing some colour in the mix, seems like there's enthusiasm from others too.
Agree with everyone else. White shoes are unforgiving, I'm surprised that so many people asked for white. Maybe one person voted 100 times :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads