• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Craig Green Thread

happyriverz

Reaction score
@happyriverz i'm already starting to save up for that jacket, wasn't blown away by the current tent jackets / the front jacket flap looked weird when the jacket was unzipped. Thanks for sharing as usual!

Agreed -- the FW2018 season was kind of a letdown for me, but SS19 looks like it'll be really good. I was really impressed by how everything moved in the video of the runway show.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
AiQF3Vs.jpg

happyriverz

Reaction score
It's sales season, so I thought I would flag some decent deals on Craig Green pieces. I was not personally a big fan of the FW 2018 season from Craig Green, but there are still some decent pieces to be had.

1) Uniform Trousers on Farfetch: $268.

Nothing crazy, just some basic pants from Craig Green, nice to toning down the crazier pieces, a la @KamoteJoe in the picture immediately above.

13019967_13840064_1000.jpg

2) Panelled zip-up jacket on Farfetch: $275:

Like a lot of pieces from this FW2018, this one uses a lot of paneling. A little bit different, but nothing too crazy either.

13320216_15000587_1000.jpg

3) Harness shirt on Mr. Porter: $305

This is essentially the shirt version of the workwear jacket (note the chest and side pockets), again using the panelling theme from FW18.

1051312_mrp_in_l.jpg

valle0608

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any advise on the fitting of the cropped scuba jacket?
It is one of my favorite pieces in general and I have a good offer for one.
I also heard, that the jacket is quite heavy. Does anyone have any experienced with this jacket in general?

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was hoping for some feedback on the fit of this jacket. First experience with Craig Green outerwear, so I'm not positive on the intended fit. It looks okay with my arms down but feels a little boxy. Should I size down or does this look right? I just threw it on with summer beater fit so please ignore that part.
IMG_6584.jpg
IMG_6585.jpg
IMG_6583.jpg IMG_6582.jpg IMG_6581.jpg IMG_6580.jpg

happyriverz

Reaction score
Was hoping for some feedback on the fit of this jacket. First experience with Craig Green outerwear, so I'm not positive on the intended fit. It looks okay with my arms down but feels a little boxy. Should I size down or does this look right? I just threw it on with summer beater fit so please ignore that part. View attachment 1176621 View attachment 1176620

Looks fine -- the proportions are intentionally boxy, so it won't have slim armholes. From experience, sizing down really just gets you shorter sleeves and body length, which could work but it may end up looking too cropped depending on your body proportions.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was hoping for some feedback on the fit of this jacket. First experience with Craig Green outerwear, so I'm not positive on the intended fit. It looks okay with my arms down but feels a little boxy. Should I size down or does this look right? I just threw it on with summer beater fit so please ignore that part. View attachment 1176621 View attachment 1176620

Thank you @happyriverz.

@nsubrmnn let me get a second opinion over here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads