1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Craig Green Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by happyriverz, Jul 6, 2018.

1. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior Member

Agreed -- the FW2018 season was kind of a letdown for me, but SS19 looks like it'll be really good. I was really impressed by how everything moved in the video of the runway show.

2. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Farmer Diva

3. happyriverz

It's sales season, so I thought I would flag some decent deals on Craig Green pieces. I was not personally a big fan of the FW 2018 season from Craig Green, but there are still some decent pieces to be had.

1) Uniform Trousers on Farfetch: $268.

Nothing crazy, just some basic pants from Craig Green, nice to toning down the crazier pieces, a la @KamoteJoe in the picture immediately above.

[​IMG]

2) Panelled zip-up jacket on Farfetch: $275:

Like a lot of pieces from this FW2018, this one uses a lot of paneling. A little bit different, but nothing too crazy either.

[​IMG]

3) Harness shirt on Mr. Porter: $305

This is essentially the shirt version of the workwear jacket (note the chest and side pockets), again using the panelling theme from FW18.

[​IMG]

4. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Farmer Diva

[​IMG]

Selling my Paradise Holiday Shirt in size Medium. I found the rare Small I've been looking for and am ready to pass it onto a nice home. DM me for details.

5. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

6. valle0608

valle0608 New Member

Can anyone give me any advise on the fitting of the cropped scuba jacket?
    It is one of my favorite pieces in general and I have a good offer for one.
    I also heard, that the jacket is quite heavy. Does anyone have any experienced with this jacket in general?

7. happyriverz

[​IMG]

-50 windchill in Chicago and this dude is wearing the island paradise parka.

8. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

9. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior Member

Was hoping for some feedback on the fit of this jacket. First experience with Craig Green outerwear, so I'm not positive on the intended fit. It looks okay with my arms down but feels a little boxy. Should I size down or does this look right? I just threw it on with summer beater fit so please ignore that part. IMG_6584.jpg IMG_6585.jpg
    IMG_6583.jpg IMG_6582.jpg IMG_6581.jpg IMG_6580.jpg

10. happyriverz

Looks fine -- the proportions are intentionally boxy, so it won't have slim armholes. From experience, sizing down really just gets you shorter sleeves and body length, which could work but it may end up looking too cropped depending on your body proportions.

11. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

12. barrettdudley

Thank you @happyriverz.

@nsubrmnn let me get a second opinion over here.

13. barrettdudley

14. javy

javy Senior Member

don't size down, looks good as is

15. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

Agree with above, looks like intended fit, shoulders look good. I think if you sized down you’d struggle with the shoulders, especially when buttoning. But man, why’d you @ me, this is way out of my element.