1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Craig Green Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by happyriverz, Jul 6, 2018.

1. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior Member

That’s awesome. I really wish the fabric was more breathable though, as I would love to wear the whole suit during the summer.

2. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Farmer Diva

@happyriverz cheers! that's definitely a downside to the fabric, I probably will have to lose the beret when it gets warmer so maybe a different hat choice could help me.

3. WBaker

WBaker Senior Member

Dogs have a fine appreciation for Craig Green (Straps and Tassels)
    P1170166.JPG
    1076927.jpg
    1076945.jpg
    ss15-lookbook-23.jpg
    Recently picked up a SS15 'Samurai' jacket and it is a lovely thing. The material is half viscose which gives it a silky hand and none of the crinkle I associate with some of Craig Greens polys and nylons. The lining is also cotton which helps a lot with breathing and wicking away moisture. The jacket hits an interesting middle ground with a winter weight material and a very airy design. I wouldn't want to wear this jacket in icy weather, but luckily for me it never gets that cold around my parts. The pockets are set low enough that they are very comfy and practical to use, something I didnt like about the high set workwear jacket pockets.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018

4. happyriverz

Matching top and bottom on FWRD for a pretty good price right now if you want to dip your toes into a "full" Craig Green look: it's nothing too crazy.

[​IMG]

5. colabear

colabear Distinguished Member

6. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Farmer Diva

@colabear the left one is in displayed in a museum so that's my logic. Also I feel the colors really suit your style

7. colabear

Yes, I chose the left one. Now, I’m a member of the CG Holiday Desert Island gang alongside you and WBaker

8. WBaker

WBaker Senior Member

Found some assorted fit pics from around the web of the SS15 jacket I recently picked up. I also learned Craig Green had it labeled the "Warrior Jacket".
    Photo dump in spoiler :)

9. happyriverz

The last one seems to me to be the most "coherent," since it leans into the whole samurai theme.

10. colabear

6DD5E23B-A174-4CA2-AFAC-79ACC1D9F2FE.jpeg
    I forgot that I have this bag that’s basically 3 portfolios attached together into 1. I think I’ll start using it now that it’s Fall

11. colabear

1DC9879E-9997-4BD2-A6DD-0454AC163654.jpeg
    crosspost from WAYWT

12. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Farmer Diva

[​IMG]

waywt cross-post. Glad I found these pants and didn't have to shell for the Craig Layered Shorts

13. happyriverz

Went to the Suspension Point sample sale today and the boucle Craig Green pants are something else in person.

They just have an incredible texture. The only down side is that the fabric is very dry, and the pants are unlined, so if you have sensitive skin you might find it a tad itchy.

I highly recommend this piece.

upload_2018-11-17_18-16-3.png

14. happyriverz

Antonioli has some of the pieces from SS2019 for pre-order. The coolest pieces to me in that collection are the pieces where the fabric has been printed, and then printed on top of that, to create an almost vibrating effect, like this jacket. If you are a fan of the paradise jacket from the SS2018 season, you'll probably really like this, as to me, this is the next iteration of the same concept.

[​IMG]

On the less crazy side of things, there are the matching tops and bottoms with the removable ropes, so you can make it as outlandish or normal as you want.

[​IMG]

15. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Farmer Diva

@happyriverz i'm already starting to save up for that jacket, wasn't blown away by the current tent jackets / the front jacket flap looked weird when the jacket was unzipped. Thanks for sharing as usual!