• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Craig Green Thread

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with above, looks like intended fit, shoulders look good. I think if you sized down you’d struggle with the shoulders, especially when buttoning. But man, why’d you @ me, this is way out of my element.

Haha, easier than trying to send all those pics in a DM.

happyriverz

Reaction score
I'm selling a pair of layered shorts from FW17 in black gabardine wool in size small.

Craig Green sells the layered shorts every season, and the design is unchanged -- see picture from current season on SSENSE for details. I have not seen a version offered in wool since FW17, but the wool version is much better than the cotton or nylon fabrics that these typically come in.

191735M191001_1.jpg

More product shots from SSENSE here.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really loving the SS20 'Skin Suit'.

61797658_405240470079981_5609063757768929329_n.jpg

All around an awesome way to bring Craig Green's signature quilting and armored aesthetic to warmer days.

62372106_336152093747340_4453160613263549115_n.jpg

I particularly have my eyes on a the pants! I just hope these don't fall into the more overly delicate category of Craig's offerings.
65088072_466912080728830_6797480154570426965_n.jpg

knathaniel

Reaction score
Hey all - I would love some insight from people on sizing. Does everyone recommend going TTS on the worker jacket? I don't have an opportunity to try on a Medium (my normal size as I'm 6ft, 165-170lbs) or a Small, but I'm wondering if I could get by with a Small since there are a couple on grailed for decent prices. Any insight would be great, maybe I just need to be patient for a medium to pop up.

happyriverz

Reaction score
Hey all - I would love some insight from people on sizing. Does everyone recommend going TTS on the worker jacket? I don't have an opportunity to try on a Medium (my normal size as I'm 6ft, 165-170lbs) or a Small, but I'm wondering if I could get by with a Small since there are a couple on grailed for decent prices. Any insight would be great, maybe I just need to be patient for a medium to pop up.

should be fine width-wise (shoulder and chest), but length might be a little cropped if you size down. That’s my experience when I bought an XS instead of a S. Didn’t look too cropped because I’m short but might be different for you given your height.

knathaniel

Reaction score
should be fine width-wise (shoulder and chest), but length might be a little cropped if you size down. That’s my experience when I bought an XS instead of a S. Didn’t look too cropped because I’m short but might be different for you given your height.

I hadn't thought of that, I was more concerned with chest/shoulder. Probably best not to risk it.

If you typically take an M in most European or US brands, go for an M in Craig Green. I find everything runs tts for the intended boxy fit.

This is kind of what I figured. I tried on a large at Nomad and the only thing I didn't love was the length of the sleeves. I think I'm just itchy to get one at a good price.

Appreciate it!

happyriverz

Reaction score
Thoughts on the show?

Feels like a greatest hits collection, and I don't mean that it was derivative, just a nice summation of the various themes and techniques that he has shown in the past, almost like a retrospective. I imagine that moving from London to Paris means a bigger exposure to the brand, so it was a smart move to do the show this way

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the show?

Saw someone on Instagram comment "Fisherman garb on the planet Disani" which made me laugh.

I really love the rich brown/gold/turqouis peices. Always been a fan of Craig's more colorful stuff. The bleedy flower prints are beautiful and harken back to earlier seasons where Craig took simple textiles and transformed them with unique treatments (Tie Dye, Painted Stain Glass, quilting). Plenty of people have said it, but Craig could have coasted for a long time doing quilted samurai jackets and strap covered military coats. Every season is just so new and inventive while maintaining a subtle common thread.

The tent shoes from the addidas Collab could have gone in any if his collections. I intend to purchase those.

During Craigs shows it's often tricky to tell exactly how a peice functions and where it begins and ends, I'd like a way to separate the parts from the whole before they show up in stores. It would be cool if like those Acronym videos the models actually adjusted the garments mid runway into their alternate ways to style. This year's Moncler Genius Collab had gifs showing the modular packing of the coats which I found effective in conveying the engineering involved.

I'd like to see another Bjorn Borg Collab, everything was really wearable and accessible price wise.

Last edited:

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200129_173928.jpg

Screenshot_20200129_174837.jpg

Screenshot_20200129_174826.jpg
I really dig the tent shoes from the Addidas collab. I think they'll be a really flexible option to pair with most of Craig Greens clothing. Ive found footwear is one of the hardest things to combine well with CG. My only concern is that this material will be really noisy walking around. I've run into a few CG peices that are hard to wear because of their crinkles and clicks.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those sneakers look pretty good.

I haven’t found any issue with pairing footwear with Craig Green (not that I have done it well). I find sneakers and derbies with a fuller profile work well. MMM GATs work IMO. I have seen good fits with Converse Chuck Taylors, although I don’t own a pair. Raf and Dries derbies seem to work also.

I picked up a pair of Craig Green x Grenson oxfords. Have not worked them in a fit yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads