• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

parnyc

Reaction score
My SA has assured me that menswear will be available towards the end of the month.
Also, the new perfecto/L17 style biker is going to come in calfskin and washed calfskin, and it’s $5400. That’s less than an L17 retails for now (at least in the US) so I don’t think it’s a rule across the board that Celine is going to be a 30% mark up from Saint Laurent.

Silly all of these assumptions regarding pricing anyway. Where was a price list distributed that confirmed the 30% markup to begin with?

The new boutique in midtown will be opening on February 18th and will stock the new collection. The boutique further up on Madison will close, presumably for renovations.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some of your favourite accessories released so far? I feel like Hedi is pushing for pinky rings for CELINE. The animal motif is interesting, but I'm not sure if I'm into animal patterns. Also not sure how I feel about those handcuff bracelets and necklaces. The necklace chain itself looks nice. If I were to get a handcuff bracelet, I would most likely have the handcuffs "hidden" on the back of my wrist. My favourite bracelet is definitely the gold/silver hybrid one.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Silly all of these assumptions regarding pricing anyway. Where was a price list distributed that confirmed the 30% markup to begin with?

The new boutique in midtown will be opening on February 18th and will stock the new collection. The boutique further up on Madison will close, presumably for renovations.

Excited! I wonder how the boutique will look given that Hedi is a fan of completely overhauling the brand stores once he takes the helm. I expect a minimal design not to dissimilar from those we at SLP. Please feel free to update with pics - I won’t be able to see the store myself until a few weeks after it opens :(

Adamdraps

Reaction score
All this boutique talk means nothing to me as there isn't any around me. That being said, anyone hear when items will be available on their official site?

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
All this boutique talk means nothing to me as there isn't any around me. That being said, anyone hear when items will be available on their official site?

Sucks for you but doesn’t mean we won’t speak about it - it’s not exactly irrelevant lol. I think the men’s collection is also due to hit the site/webstores in late Feb/early March.

Snake Eyes

Reaction score
Honestly, I find the 30% markup thing pretty silly myself. I think it was just some rumor that people took and ran with because of the general lack of information regarding much of everything. Which is smart, IMO.

I got some new information regarding the jacket I mentioned in my last post as well. The price I was given ($5400) is actually for the version with a back patch (the one that says zzhaa).
It’s the regular calfskin, as well. The other version is washed calfskin, and doesn’t have a patch, and is a little less expensive, at $4950. So I don’t think we’re looking 30% markup from SLP prices here.
I asked about that suede jacket that GQ had posted recently, but was told that it wasn’t part of the buy for this season, so it’s probabky part of the next collection. There’s a different suede jacket with western yokes and ribbed cuffs and waistband that looked really nice, though.

mugatu

Reaction score
What are some of your favourite accessories released so far? I feel like Hedi is pushing for pinky rings for CELINE. The animal motif is interesting, but I'm not sure if I'm into animal patterns. Also not sure how I feel about those handcuff bracelets and necklaces. The necklace chain itself looks nice. If I were to get a handcuff bracelet, I would most likely have the handcuffs "hidden" on the back of my wrist. My favourite bracelet is definitely the gold/silver hybrid one.

Jewellery is off to a poor start imo. They are mostly brass which is a horrible cheap material (i'm allergic to it personally).

Btw, those are mostly womenswear options like 95% on the site right now..

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they’re currently pushing for the unisex idea so there isn’t male or female. But I wonder if the website will change to separate men’s and women’s accessories soon. On Instagram, the Japanese market is really loving the handcuff bracelet. I personally prefer the thinner options. The bracelet with the flat top animal design is pretty cool.

0YPJ1ja.jpg

I think it is versatile as it looks nice dressed up or dressed down.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Looking on my phone...but I think they look cool. And I really like how he named them in honor of an underrated musician, too.

mugatu

Reaction score
I think they’re currently pushing for the unisex idea so there isn’t male or female. But I wonder if the website will change to separate men’s and women’s accessories soon.

Mens section will definitely appear once the menswear gets officially launched. There will obviously be some crossover items.

Not feeling the Jacno shoes (hate pointy shoes). Awesome name reference though. Whole 'Jeunes Gens Modernes' theme is cool and a welcome break from the whole Western/LA Surf vibe from SLP era. FW19 also has me excited. Overall super glad Hedi is back to EU subculture influences.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt