• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw some new RTW become available on the US site. As someone else noted recently, it is logo heavy, in this particular drop, 100% logo mania!

I liked this piece to channel a little inner Federer, but would've much preferred a triumph logo or something else more subtle.

1637161576302.png

1637161586490.png

pockets

Reaction score

glad they finally made a men’s version of this baseball cap. ordered one, honesty, ill be a little brave here and say i like overt branding, sometimes. id buy a triomphe logo one too (and i think triomphe logo is just as obvious) but i havent seen one made for guys, and i got a big head.

Last edited:

godnose

Reaction score
the black and yellow is great. i think the z trainer high is the best sneaker theyve made so far.

The trainers are solid. For me though, the CT-02 has something about it that just makes it timeless. Perfectly calculated angles. All drawn in such balance. Every line has a purpose and it results in a totally clear and balanced design.

pockets

Reaction score
I saw some new RTW become available on the US site. As someone else noted recently, it is logo heavy, in this particular drop, 100% logo mania!

I liked this piece to channel a little inner Federer, but would've much preferred a triumph logo or something else more subtle.

View attachment 1705351

View attachment 1705352

you should get it. i think the celine logo with the lines looks better, graphically.

pockets

Reaction score
The trainers are solid. For me though, the CT-02 has something about it that just makes it timeless. Perfectly calculated angles. All drawn in such balance. Every line has a purpose and it results in a totally clear and balanced design.

i dont like the strap tbh. its not bad overall to me. i havent got a pair of the z trainers yet, im frankly a little lazy, and i dont lacing up highs.

i got a pair of the nylon panel triomphes from grailed a while ago (cheap) and ive beat the **** out of them, the way they dirty up is great.

pockets

Reaction score
Very nice sneakers indeed but there is too much branding. The big logo on the back heel is particularly tacky.

******* though, let em know.

but the new sneakers have a **** load of logo hits on them. they could of pulled back, but they didnt, and unfortunately i like the shoe enough and theres no alternative

shoegazesummer

Reaction score

glad they finally made a men’s version of this baseball cap. ordered one, honesty, ill be a little brave here and say i like overt branding, sometimes. id buy a triomphe logo one too (and i think triomphe logo is just as obvious) but i havent seen one made for guys, and i got a big head.

The overt CELINE on a hat is one of the few cases I do like the logo. Same with smaller accessories like the underwear/socks or the elastic tennis bracelet from TDK. I picked up the black socks that just appeared on the US webstore. Didn't realize there was a men's hat now, looks sold out on the webstore, but might consider picking it up myself as well. It's one of the items I've seen in the wild (also seen the triomphe handbags). I think I saw one woman wear it in LA and another in NYC. I think I might just be desensitized to hats with type on them, since most hats have some kind of writing or words on it whether it's a sports team or organization etc etc. So in this case a CELINE logo on a hat just looks pleasant, especially the black hat with white letters.

pockets

Reaction score
The overt CELINE on a hat is one of the few cases I do like the logo. Same with smaller accessories like the underwear/socks or the elastic tennis bracelet from TDK. I picked up the black socks that just appeared on the US webstore. Didn't realize there was a men's hat now, looks sold out on the webstore, but might consider picking it up myself as well. It's one of the items I've seen in the wild (also seen the triomphe handbags). I think I saw one woman wear it in LA and another in NYC. I think I might just be desensitized to hats with type on them, since most hats have some kind of writing or words on it whether it's a sports team or organization etc etc. So in this case a CELINE logo on a hat just looks pleasant, especially the black hat with white letters.

im with you. theyre ******* great and im being honest, they’re flexes. im not even in clubs and **** this is farmer’s market wear. have you seen the women’s leather version in brown? bro

https://process.fs.grailed.com/AJdA....fs.grailed.com/api/file/XTMmgN7LRWeRRR761vMv

godnose

Reaction score
Yes, fair enough. The strap is very youthful. But I have considered it, and for this design, it balances the lines of the shoe really well. That touch of detail at the front just plants the shoe at the front nicely. And the logo in that position is just debossed, it's not in a contrasting colour, which is a v wise decision, I think.

CT-02.png

And the big logo at the back. I like it, when I see the pre TDK stuff now with the smaller logos I feel they look a bit dated and "sorry". Like the logo is a bit ashamed. They look like Saint Laurent, which was in the 1990s such a "chavvy" brand, the logo had to be toned down I think.

Celine is a fresh slate and has no such associations. These are saying "I'm repping team CELINE, I don't give a f***". I've seen trainer heads wearing Jordans and Yeezys (similar price at retail, far inferior quality of course) clock these shoes and they don't know what they are. It feels good to have a bold logo that is kinda confusing to people.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Yes, fair enough. The strap is very youthful. But I have considered it, and for this design, it balances the lines of the shoe really well. That touch of detail at the front just plants the shoe at the front nicely. And the logo in that position is just debossed, it's not in a contrasting colour, which is a v wise decision, I think.

View attachment 1705384

And the big logo at the back. I like it, when I see the pre TDK stuff now with the smaller logos I feel they look a bit dated and "sorry". Like the logo is a bit ashamed. They look like Saint Laurent, which was in the 1990s such a "chavvy" brand, the logo had to be toned down I think.

Celine is a fresh slate and has no such associations. These are saying "I'm repping team CELINE, I don't give a f***". I've seen trainer heads wearing Jordans and Yeezys (similar price at retail, far inferior quality of course) clock these shoes and they don't know what they are. It feels good to have a bold logo that is kinda confusing to people.

Over the pandemic I built up my current sneaker collection to a decent point where it revolves around Galliano-era Margiela replicas, a few Nike Sacais (the OG white mesh, white nylon, the yellow mids, and the black vaporwaffles), a Nike CDG night track runner, neon blue Raf Stan Smiths, and some white low top shoes like pottery. Unfortunately the Sacais have some overlap with the hypebeast community even if I was grabbing them for being a fan of Chitose Abe. The Raf stans and replicas are interesting where it's less hypebeast overlap but still a decent number of people recognize them.

After buying the chain harness camargue boots and the black TDK version of the lace up army boots (I think others have commented it's essentially the same as one from an earlier season) I've found myself not having a desire to own any sneakers anymore. Of course I'm being overly dramatic and wouldn't sell any of my rotation, as I still prefer them if I'm just running groceries or even wearing them depending on if I'm wearing a casual outfit, but this realization has me put off from buying anymore sneakers and that even includes the Celine sneakers.

I would guess other Hedi fans may have had similar feelings at some point when they started collecting his boots or footwear. Now all I want to grab is more boots, the Jacno buckle, and maybe a pair of loafers. They just seem to work better with the style I'm now aiming for.

im with you. theyre ******* great and im being honest, they’re flexes. im not even in clubs and **** this is farmer’s market wear. have you seen the women’s leather version in brown? bro

https://process.fs.ebay.com/AJdAgnq...cdn.fs.ebay.com/api/file/XTMmgN7LRWeRRR761vMv

Yea I wanted a leather cap but was also not sure being a womens sizing it would fit me properly, but I never tried on in store. I would want a black leather version, though. There was a point where I was wearing a hat I have from idea books and my Celine prince of wales jacket and even if the hat wasn't Celine, I loved feeling like I was styled similarly to Kaia Gerber in the campaign and womenswear runway collections lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads