• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the CT02 the most. I tried the black and white but I didn't like how they looked on me being a mid top and having big feet. I see Jordan 1 low tops around on kids that look great for a similar 2 colour style so I might try some of those, black grey white maybe. Low tops just look better on me but I still think the CT02 is great.

On trainers, I find myself wearing the plain white air force 1 low top the most and nothing Hedi has done recently beats them for me. I still wear the SL01 white lows sometimes too for smarter looks.

I like the Yeezy 700 for the chunky style but I wouldn't wear that style of trainers personally.

Regarding the logo stuff, I like the triomphe navy cap for women. I couldn't wear one, but they'd look good on young people with a more thrown together style, maybe a Timothy Chalomet type look.

Logos are a bit too much at the moment. I like the white t shirts, the bucket hats, and the puffer jackets but wouldn't wear them. The old back print hoodies were cool too. The white logo t looks good on that k pop guy that's always wearing it.

The triomphe logo is nice I have the classic slim zip up hooded sweatshirts in both grey and black and don't mind the logo on them at all. I like the gold triomphe on the womenswear sunglasses as well.

Really wish they'd offer some basic t shirts without Celine on, even just the triomphe logo would do.

pockets

Reaction score
Yes, fair enough. The strap is very youthful. But I have considered it, and for this design, it balances the lines of the shoe really well. That touch of detail at the front just plants the shoe at the front nicely. And the logo in that position is just debossed, it's not in a contrasting colour, which is a v wise decision, I think.

View attachment 1705384

And the big logo at the back. I like it, when I see the pre TDK stuff now with the smaller logos I feel they look a bit dated and "sorry". Like the logo is a bit ashamed. They look like Saint Laurent, which was in the 1990s such a "chavvy" brand, the logo had to be toned down I think.

Celine is a fresh slate and has no such associations. These are saying "I'm repping team CELINE, I don't give a f***". I've seen trainer heads wearing Jordans and Yeezys (similar price at retail, far inferior quality of course) clock these shoes and they don't know what they are. It feels good to have a bold logo that is kinda confusing to people.

yeah, the way i see it is that theyre different decisions and references for different effect. same for logo.

the older simpler triomphe sneakers are better being simple, imo. theyre toned down, but thats what you would reach for if youre feeling toned down. but if hedi is pulling 90s sneaker vibes, the sportier celine logomania makes sense. youd agree that the triomphe logo on a pair of the ct02s you guys are talking about wouldnt make sense. there is wiggle room with the hoodies and jackets for sure.

im not advocating for probounced logo on everything, but im just saying a few here and there look good to me. dont be self conscious just be self aware.

pockets

Reaction score
for shoes, to me it just depends.

random celine and saint laurent sneakers, vans (checkerboard slip ons since i was a little kid), birkenstock bostons, assorted new balances. just depends how im feeling and where im going.

have some boots and proper loafers and **** but end up not wearing them.

personally i just dont do nikes and jordans and the like, years ago i was a “sneakerhead” and i dont see myself regressing. the hype, personality, and association just taste weird to me. disconnected from that hamster wheel, feels like pokemon cards to me

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always liked vans checkerboard slip ons, but I can't pull them off.

pockets

Reaction score
I've always liked vans checkerboard slip ons, but I can't pull them off.

the vault version without the black foxing stripe that are slightly off white are the ******* best to me. ive ran through several pairs, and consistently reup on them. i can understand when theyre new that theyre a little jarring but once theyve been worn in a bit theyre just perfect to me

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I've had multiple pairs of Vans and owned the checkerboard slip ons too a few years ago, but the construction is just awful. I couldn't wear the slip ons anymore because my toes would get wet from just two raindrops. That's mostly the reason why I switched over to the Celine triomphe lows as a beater pair. I like the Vans aesthetic wise but it's just a hassle to buy them over and over again and obviously quite costly.

I'm not too hot on the TDK era sneakers. Z trainers are fine but the CT-02 are a bit goofy and I hate the strap, specifically where it's placed.

pockets

Reaction score
when i say constantly reup, i should say just whenever. they go on sale often too. i have probably 3 pairs that are live rn, (one in my car, one in my garage, etc). if i need to paint something or drive long distances (manual) i switch. guess while my feet can appreciate nicer shoes, they dont require them. im fine in a pair of vans and i dont put too much expectation on them, they are what they are

BasicJB

Reaction score

glad they finally made a men’s version of this baseball cap. ordered one, honesty, ill be a little brave here and say i like overt branding, sometimes. id buy a triomphe logo one too (and i think triomphe logo is just as obvious) but i havent seen one made for guys, and i got a big head.

I have women's version in both felt triomphe logo and the cotton CELINE logo. Couldn't stand the printed version they had for men so went with women. Women's M are pretty similar to men's S and my head's pretty big so I think you would've been fine. One key difference was the construction (men's old cotton cap was more structured) but it looks like the new version may be softer like women's

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those hats look nice and I see the point of the logo in that setting. Speaking of logos the balenciaga/Gucci mash-up made me do a double take. ha.

After my logo jeremiad this morning, I should note that I found this beautiful navy peacoat on the site which I had not seen before. Made in France too as a bonus. Looks soft and clean.

1637181424215.png

1637181436800.png

pockets

Reaction score
I have women's version in both felt triomphe logo and the cotton CELINE logo. Couldn't stand the printed version they had for men so went with women. Women's M are pretty similar to men's S and my head's pretty big so I think you would've been fine. One key difference was the construction (men's old cotton cap was more structured) but it looks like the new version may be softer like women's

yeah the mens were always structured and snapbacks, also agree about the print instead of it being embroidered. this is the first time theyve done the “dad hat” for mens, to my knowledge. looks like they changed the hardware to silver from gold to differentiate

ive tried the women’s version of tbe hats in varying sizes, my head is huge bro and i have a **** load of hair you dont understand, i needed them to make this lol

peacoat looks really nice man, perfect really

BasicJB

Reaction score
Those hats look nice and I see the point of the logo in that setting. Speaking of logos the balenciaga/Gucci mash-up made me do a double take. ha.

After my logo jeremiad this morning, I should note that I found this beautiful navy peacoat on the site which I had not seen before. Made in France too as a bonus. Looks soft and clean.

View attachment 1705515

View attachment 1705516

I'm really starting the miss the bourgeois vibes from SS19-FW21. CELINE merch is fun in small doses but it feels that's the only brand focus these days. Maybe that's the only thing making money (big margins on cotton t shirts and hoodies) for them since all the understated pieces are languishing on store floors while they struggle to keep logo merch in stock.

silentownage001

Reaction score
After buying the chain harness camargue boots and the black TDK version of the lace up army boots (I think others have commented it's essentially the same as one from an earlier season) I've found myself not having a desire to own any sneakers anymore. Of course I'm being overly dramatic and wouldn't sell any of my rotation, as I still prefer them if I'm just running groceries or even wearing them depending on if I'm wearing a casual outfit, but this realization has me put off from buying anymore sneakers and that even includes the Celine sneakers.

I would guess other Hedi fans may have had similar feelings at some point when they started collecting his boots or footwear. Now all I want to grab is more boots, the Jacno buckle, and maybe a pair of loafers. They just seem to work better with the style I'm now aiming for.

This was my experience too. I still like and wear my sneakers, but boots just have a different presence.

pockets

Reaction score
they do, i get it, and i appreciate what you folks are saying. can feel good stepping out at night with a pair of boots, **** is together and really is a distinction from the next dude. i see you.

but thats just not me really. im chasing a toddler around and abusing my dashpass. my personality and aesthetic always leans more laid back and informal. i seek an ease in dressing that i wouldnt call lazy, but might read as not trying too hard, even though **** is deliberate to a degree

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Gang, what is the official name of these jeans? Alternatively, what does the LC mean in this code?

19231062-4_2.jpg

Here's a link to them: https://www.g railed.com/listings/14786832-celine-m-lc-001-denim-in-mid-blue-with-frayed-hem

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads