• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

hediboy

Reaction score
Hediboy that leather looks amazing! Good to have your connoisseur eye on this tread! I'm considering this bottle green calfskin jacket from this season. Do you have experience with this cut? Anything that color, or do you think it'd be something that'd stay in the closet too much? I have a Dior buttery calf racer (made in France), so it's competition is stiff.
View attachment 1341928
Really don’t see this at the store, I think this is variation from the first season in more washed and greenish leather. The subtlety is awesome, but fit with the blue jeans, in my opinion.
Two things you see Hedi would like to put as CELINE’s unique staple, 1 is double breasted blazer, and the other would be blouson.
This color actually reminded me a racer from DH, really stands out. This one, I am assure that you could wear it everyday with comfort in the soft tanned leather.

hediboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the shoulder measurement. Sounds like I might need to go up to a 50 in that one, which I'm heavily considering,.

Just got this in the mail. This is a size 50. Thoughts on fit? As always, apologies for my photo skills! View attachment 1341835
Look ok to me, esp. Hedi’s vision on this season is no longer tight fit as DH or SLP. He deliberately sized up for model (according to SA and I believe so) in the runway show. Just fit and comfortable look for 70’s.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, guys.

My one worry with sizing down (as youwhat pointed out) is that it might be harder to wear it zipped, given that it might bunch up as I move around. I live in a colder state, so I'm looking for this to be a fall/spring leather, appropriate for weather in the 40's-low-50's, possibly with a sweater underneath (side note: I need to step up my knitwear game--any brands people recommend? Celine?).

For warmer weather, I'm looking to pick up a lambskin one, which I'd probably mostly wear open, and may consequently try to go slimmer on, and wear with a button down or t-shirt underneath. Since I don't want to get a second one with ribbed cuffs and bottom, I'm looking hard at this one:
2E525968H.38NO_1_SUM20_680193v2.jpg

There are also a couple SLP ones that I'm considering, but I don't know if I like the non-biker SLP's from this season as much as this one. I thought the brown one that hediboy posted looked glorious, but since I don't have a black leather, I'm thinking about getting it in black.

SirGrotius: I'd like to see it in person, but for some reason I really like that green one. It's hard to know for sure from looking at it one a screen, but it seems like it might be a versatile color, and would pair well with grey and blue trousers, as well as black ones. I advise you try to get your hands on it, and report back to your internet pals.

X66666

Reaction score
@hediboy

The crest is from celine headquarters in Paris. The building use to be a hotel. It was said that whilst Hedi was designing he looked outside the window and saw this crest and in cooperated it to the Celine collection. A lot of items from FW 19 women’s mainly have these buttons. They’re made out of brass.

Attachments

• F32460B2-2F63-4E7A-8474-0A2FE1BE5635.jpeg
    F32460B2-2F63-4E7A-8474-0A2FE1BE5635.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 160

hediboy

Reaction score
@hediboy

The crest is from celine headquarters in Paris. The building use to be a hotel. It was said that whilst Hedi was designing he looked outside the window and saw this crest and in cooperated it to the Celine collection. A lot of items from FW 19 women’s mainly have these buttons. They’re made out of brass.
Great info, thanks! So mine is made of brass as well? Only concern is discoloring after aged? Like my SLP SS15 military jacket buttons got oxidized...

X66666

Reaction score
It will discolour over time because it’s brass it will get like a patina. It’s completely normal. Pretty sure you can take it back to Celine and ask for new buttons. You should have got some with the jacket.

youwhat

Reaction score
Hediboy that leather looks amazing! Good to have your connoisseur eye on this tread! I'm considering this bottle green calfskin jacket from this season. Do you have experience with this cut? Anything that color, or do you think it'd be something that'd stay in the closet too much? I have a Dior buttery calf racer (made in France), so it's competition is stiff.
View attachment 1341928

1582479661419.png

1582479698167.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the green, maybe it will grow on me.

I'm disappointed in the colour on that technical cotton western blouson in the picture as well. Somebody here said the same thing before and they're right.

The brown japan only jacket is the only one I'm personally interested in buying.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 48 might work better as well if you wear it opened (which you probably should).
Yes, I've decided to ship it back in exchange for a 48. I kinda want a look similar to that guy in the green jacket in the pic above, and I think sizing down to that would help. I also weighed myself at the gym today, and noticed that I've lost a ton of weight in recent months (giving up weed and alcohol for me made the pounds just drop off), so I think from now on I might need to think of buying a size 50 only in items that are crazy slim (like the loose blouson one). Also, let's be real, nobody on here zips up their leather jackets. If it's cold out, and I need to do so, I can just use the tiny hand warmers to keep it from riding up.

Also, I'm kopping the lamb loose blouson in black right now, and am going to stick with the same size 50 that I posted pics on in the snakeskin print one, given how ridiculously slim in seems to fit. And I'm getting black monkstraps.

Thanks for your guidance guys.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The black monkstraps are great

I don't see a problem sizing down in that jacket and wearing it open. I always think that for fall winter type jackets like shearlings, flight jackets, sherpas, etc you need to be able to fasten them, but for spring and summer type stuff like denims, bikers, shirt collar leathers etc they look better open and in the size you can just about fasten.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads