• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
This just popped up on the usa webstore, labelled as "Japan exclusive", with no sizes available, which is a goddam shame because it's sorta what I've been looking for. It's labelled as an "oversized fit", and is also available in black. Anyone try either color on?

There's a black one for sale on YJP in a 44. They provide measurements and more pictures in the listing if that helps.

zonobrah

Reaction score
Today I went out to try on the Celine "Wyatt" Looking boots and OMG they are so confortable. I'm a YSL Wyatt owner and the heel is the same as the Celine but the comfy difference was insane. Maybe it's just me.

Anyone has booth YSL And Celine boots?

hediboy

Reaction score
Stock for majority of RTW and the hyped pieces like the snakeskin boots and all forth all depend on the performance of the store. It’s a harsh reality but at the end of the day it’s a business, they’re in it for the money. So I feel very bad for a lot of people who adore the collection but cant even try on every piece. Even if you asked for something to be transferred from another store or another region you are asked to pay a full deposit for the item.
Lucky that I can reach local store in Asia and team is really helpful. Every season I could ask for the items already like during trunk show and requested for them. Thanks. But the transfer time could take over a month, or longer. Stocking is really tight, basically one size for each item, and no online shop for the region is good or bad. Good is pushing all to the store to experience the whole services, bad definitely on the revenue channel for Celine. And the scarcity could make it hard to have huge profit (ok for those could reach out the store, bad would be for some live away from).

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I went out to try on the Celine "Wyatt" Looking boots and OMG they are so confortable. I'm a YSL Wyatt owner and the heel is the same as the Celine but the comfy difference was insane. Maybe it's just me.

Yes, and I agree that the Celine boots are way more comfortable.
Lucky that I can reach local store in Asia and team is really helpful. Every season I could ask for the items already like during trunk show and requested for them. Thanks. But the transfer time could take over a month, or longer. Stocking is really tight, basically one size for each item, and no online shop for the region is good or bad. Good is pushing all to the store to experience the whole services, bad definitely on the revenue channel for Celine. And the scarcity could make it hard to have huge profit (ok for those could reach out the store, bad would be for some live away from).
I am trying to give this brand my money, and feel like I'm being made to jump through hoops to do so lol. when I returned from visiting the London store this fall the SA (who was great btw) emailed me to offer to help if I required any help, but I'm not sure what he can really do being in a different region.

hediboy

Reaction score

I do have over ten SLP boots (4 types of wyatt) and 3 CELINE. And over 20 SLP leather jackets and 3 from CELINE. I have to admit that all tailoring, leather selection and fabrics are better than those of SLP (except SLP first 3 seasons). Structure of the boots is just too comfortable (except the white boots of this season, too tough on leather), love them all. As expressed previously, most items from CELINE might look similar to those of SLP, but the quality are really matter when you put them on.
Only one item I haven’t tried or bought is shirt, which I do think overly priced...

hediboy

Reaction score
This just popped up on the usa webstore, labelled as "Japan exclusive", with no sizes available, which is a goddam shame because it's sorta what I've been looking for. It's labelled as an "oversized fit", and is also available in black. Anyone try either color on?
2E525968H.19CO_1_SUM20_492063v3.jpg
I am lucky to get this ordered from store. But I do not agree on “loose” fit as described... probably at the place under armpit and above waist, could have slightly more room, but the shoulders length and waist aren’t loose at all. I would just admit the most coolest and comfortable leather jacket I have (probably due to 100% cup to lining and vegetal dyeing). Sizing is quite true in fit.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am lucky to get this ordered from store. But I do not agree on “loose” fit as described... probably at the place under armpit and above waist, could have slightly more room, but the shoulders length and waist aren’t loose at all. I would just admit the most coolest and comfortable leather jacket I have (probably due to 100% cup to lining and vegetal dyeing). Sizing is quite true in fit.
Did you order the black one or brown? Also, which Celine leathers do you have? Which SLP ones for that matter? I found some fit pics. Here's one:
000000023221_1_Cm0mueH.jpg

Edit: here's the website: https://shop.modern-blue.com/view/item/000000023221. they have measurements too, although I'm not sure about accuracy.

hediboy

Reaction score
Did you order the black one or brown? Also, which Celine leathers do you have? Which SLP ones for that matter? I found some fit pics. Here's one:
000000023221_1_Cm0mueH.jpg

Edit: here's the website: https://shop.modern-blue.com/view/item/000000023221. they have measurements too, although I'm not sure about accuracy.
Brown from the store. About the Japan site, I don’t think the measurements correct, just based on the first on chest...mine is 48 too, but chest should be around 96 cm...
Sorry not getting your question on SLP...
I do have first season calf biker and single button chesterfield.
7C1A193C-549A-436A-8C3D-E587B5AFED75.jpeg

Bill H

Reaction score
Brown from the store. About the Japan site, I don’t think the measurements correct, just based on the first on chest...mine is 48 too, but chest should be around 96 cm...
View attachment 1341602
Great jacket... well done Hediboy

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1341602
That is beautiful. Congratulations. Could you take shoulder measurements of it for me if you get a chance? Also, what size do you normally buy in leather jackets?

Sorry for the confusion, I was wondering which Celine leather jackets you have, and which SLP ones.

hediboy

Reaction score
That is beautiful. Congratulations. Could you take shoulder measurements of it for me if you get a chance? Also, what size do you normally buy in leather jackets?

Sorry for the confusion, I was wondering which Celine leather jackets you have, and which SLP ones.
No problem mate. Shoulder to should is around 42cm. My normal size is 48. My biker needs to size up to 50, but Chesterfield has to size down to 46... But this one I would say true to size.
For SLP, really each season would get 1-3 leather...leather junky I am...
Today, just could not stop to get my latest gold button double breasted... Really think my last piece for the season. The fit is better than the charcoal pinstriped (guess meant to be more relax and the fabrics).
If you want to get one jacket for the season, go for the leather, that is the favourite piece of Hedi (according to the store internal training note).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads