• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

hediboy

Reaction score
Finally got my jacket, now waiting for the vest got tailored...
E00061FE-9C6A-499D-805E-5CEF8F36DAC8.jpeg

Bill H

Reaction score
I do. I was wondering if anyone noticed the lapel pin in picture I posted...
First point: dope... how is the fit? especially the shoulder?
Second point: Of course, the pin was the first thing I noticed... great detail on that particular suit. How is the pin in person... is the quality anything special?

hediboy

Reaction score
First point: dope... how is the fit? especially the shoulder?
Second point: Of course, the pin was the first thing I noticed... great detail on that particular suit. How is the pin in person... is the quality anything special?
The fit is much slimmer than last season and also than the runway model look. The shoulders land perfectly well, don’t see any issue on, although the padding looks more in all Celine suit jackets so far I noticed.
Funny on the pin is that is not the Celine’s one I put, it is the suggestion from Louis Louis at Amazon, made in USA version. Size is slightly smaller than Celine’s but all details and materials are the same... Really don’t see any point to spend 30x money on Celine’s one... ?.
And if you are interested on the fit for the vest and flared trousers. I regarded myself is true 48, both items are quite slim in the cut when comparing to the jacket. Although the descriptions are both classic fit. My chest could be slightly bigger than regular 48, so ended up to tailored a bit at buttons of the vest to accommodate, hope the adjustment would work out well.
If you love to pick one of these three pieces, I strongly suggest the trousers, much better look than the black jeans I have. And you would not be able to find a lot of flared suit trousers alternative, when compared to jeans.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit is much slimmer than last season and also than the runway model look. The shoulders land perfectly well, don’t see any issue on, although the padding looks more in all Celine suit jackets so far I noticed.
Funny on the pin is that is not the Celine’s one I put, it is the suggestion from Louis Louis at Amazon, made in USA version. Size is slightly smaller than Celine’s but all details and materials are the same... Really don’t see any point to spend 30x money on Celine’s one... ?.
And if you are interested on the fit for the vest and flared trousers. I regarded myself is true 48, both items are quite slim in the cut when comparing to the jacket. Although the descriptions are both classic fit. My chest could be slightly bigger than regular 48, so ended up to tailored a bit at buttons of the vest to accommodate, hope the adjustment would work out well.
If you love to pick one of these three pieces, I strongly suggest the trousers, much better look than the black jeans I have. And you would not be able to find a lot of flared suit trousers alternative, when compared to jeans.
Can you hook us up with waist measurements on the trousers, my man?

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Did you see that the amazon flower is also available in black or white?
Schmalberg is doing these since 1916, isn't that nice?

A London SA told me last week that the Celine one is very expensive because of the time taken to make one. You're free to believe it (or not).

Regarding the model runway look vs real life fitting, i've been told several times that models often wear +1 size to get that seventies look. And of course they are extra thin.

hediboy

Reaction score
Did you see that the amazon flower is also available in black or white?
Schmalberg is doing these since 1916, isn't that nice?

A London SA told me last week that the Celine one is very expensive because of the time taken to make one. You're free to believe it (or not).

Regarding the model runway look vs real life fitting, i've been told several times that models often wear +1 size to get that seventies look. And of course they are extra thin.
Yes, the quality is good, so I ordered another white rose one! All hand made from NY! Thanks for the recommendation.
I would say the quality is much better than SLP, you can see from the internal structure and seams. And most importantly, the feel when you put on them. However, I still think shirts are overly priced...
Yes, models did put on a bigger jackets, same as in 2019 FW...

Furq

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered Celine or other items from 24 sevres?

I believe it’s an official app from LVMH group which contains Celine as we all know. The reason I ask is I could save approximately 100 dollars versus ordering directly through Celine for the same items and perhaps even more after taxes are included

The flared pants would still require tailoring but I feel even with paying for tailoring I’d come out ahead versus doing that at my closest Celine store

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads