• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

rivegauche

Reaction score
Any Parisian insiders here? I’m in Paris for a few days and a bit of a foodie. Staying near the Tuileries but happy to Uber it to any hot spots. Merci en avance.
Not a Parisian but still have some recommendations :)

Went to Bonhomie last time around which serves really great Mediterranean food in a relaxed environment. Super interesting and high quality food served Tapas style to share. For cocktails, I would recommend the little red door. Let me know if you are looking for more recommendations.

godnose

Reaction score
The Saint Laurent model is a trainer with a bandana wrapped around it and it's £1745... 3CCC463B-88B6-44B8-B7B5-682189258BEF.jpeg
The Celine one is a trainer with an artist collaboration design and all of those hand placed studs in the leather and it's £1050 6A22C4C3-803F-4604-8DE4-935291AD4EEF.jpeg
Celine wins by value for money by a mile. That Saint Laurent price point is silly, even by luxury fashion standards.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if I were forced to wear one, I'd go with the saint laurent ones, but they're definitely quite obscene.

Is there a discernible difference in leather quality between the spring 2013 and fall 13 L01 jacket? Can I get some information on this?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just leaving France (including a few days in Paris), and I spotted a few of those SL shoes in the wild. They looked surprisingly great in person; I was aghast when I saw them online!

I went to a few boutiques in the Saint Honoré area:
  • Celine's store looks great; not huge, but very clear and well displayed. Not a huge crowd, no queues, but a few rather serious shoppers coming and going. The merchandise didn't look that different from the online store, so I wasn't particularly excited. I saw a few people around Paris with Celine shopping bags, and one person with a baby blue Celine hoodie that looked great. Celine certainly best captures the general aesthetic of the Parisian youth compared to other brands. Basically, louche, loose, with occasional spikes and sequins, ha.
  • The Haute Parfumerie is gorgeous. I have all the perfumes, as I'm a bit of a collector, so didn't go in, but genial eye candy
  • Saint Laurent - still a queue outside the door. Very monochromatic theme that looks a touch dated, but a lot of Parisians still dress this way. In fact, I probably saw 15:1 SLP to Celine in Paris, as I was keeping a bit of an eye out. It's fun to people watch in the city. Those frilly sneakers are displayed prominently
  • Dior - for some reason, I am still drawn to Dior. There was always a little queue, and their tailoring is head and shoulders above the aforementioned houses. The ratio there is about 20 garish items to 1 very clean, beautiful piece to me. I bought a very nice blue hoodie with gorgeous hardware, and a pair of dress shoes with a very elegant patina and last

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, no, not this time, although I do admit I still love it every time I see it. I find Paris so much more inspiring than LA, although LA was arguably HS’s most productive period.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen that blue Celine hoody around London a few times and it's definitely got something special about it. I wouldn't wear it though of course.

I have both the black and grey zip triomphe hoodies which are fantastic and were definitely overlooked due to looking like just a hoody on the website, but the fit and the chrome hardware really makes them quite special to the point where the black one can be worn even quite dressed up.

I wish I'd bought the black pull over triomphe hood as well now but I was never expecting such a change in what's available.

In London I see more amiri than Saint Laurent or Celine menswear. I see a lot of Saint Laurent bags on women though.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't help wondering how some of the more outlandish pieces from Vacc's menswear is selling, in particular the pirate shirts. I can't imagine someone buying these, although they do sorta look weirdly ok on the models (and The Revolution).
Large-679890Y2E259000_Y.jpg
Large-691964Y3E071000_Y.jpg
14livestreaming-art-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I can't help wondering how some of the more outlandish pieces from Vacc's menswear is selling, in particular the pirate shirts. I can't imagine someone buying these, although they do sorta look weirdly ok on the models (and The Revolution).

I don't mind some of the more minimalist blouses, they look like they'd be good for wearing during the summer months for a breezy shirt (although on the models in the photos below they look a bit too oversized and think it would probably look better sized down). To me they feel aligned with the frilled collar shirt from Teen Knight Poem or an Ann Demeulemeester romantic poet aesthetic.
But I would agree the shirts with more intricate lacing like you posted are a bit too much. I enjoy androgynous looks, but the lacing on those are a little bit too feminine for me to imagine being able to style it. I suppose some people would want to lean into that, though.

7A1FE5F3-6DC8-4F9A-84C7-A2067B55331F.jpeg

5CD5E7B6-985D-4F25-ACFB-C0922A293DA5.jpeg

Randeep

Reaction score
Would be interesting in seeing the hoodie SirG - nice hardware always gets the blood racing :)

Speaking of which, is this the hoodie you got Kieran? I'm getting a little FOMO over not having any of the black zip-hoodies with the triomphe logo incorporated - either this one or the jersey style with the white accents and no hood which I can't find anywhere now, not that I expected to.

Can you/anyone else (think shoegaze had it) comment on the sizing of the below? I'm a 48/50 in Celine and like a true to size look - mrporter has this in size L only.

celine_hoodie.png

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Can you/anyone else (think shoegaze had it) comment on the sizing of the below? I'm a 48/50 in Celine and like a true to size look - mrporter has this in size L only.

View attachment 1800168

Yes, I have that one. I usually wear size M/48 for Celine items and have it in a size M as well. It definitly is cut with an Hedi style in mind - as in it's not your stereotypical oversized hoodie that's currently trending at all. I find it to be slightly slim fit, the cuffs are slightly too short for my arms, and the end of the hoodie bottom ends just right above the waist of my usual go to mid-rise (but i wear them as low rise) jeans (APC petit new standards).

I think the velvet is very comfortable and the triomphe hardware on the zipper is one of the nicest details I've noticed when comparing it to other zippers or buttons from items I have from Celine.

I usually style it over a buttoned shirt or underneath my Celine bomber, but I think the velvet texture and how the hoodie is cut adds enough interest that just wearing it over a tshirt can work.

Not sure how much difference a M to L would be, but if you can go up to a 50 and like true to size, going up to a L in the hoodie given its cut slim would probably work.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
When I was at NYC recently I tried on the Celine Teddy and the SLP teddy in white. I'm wearing a 50 in both and both fit looser compared to the fit of the Teddies during Hedi's time. I wish the celine teddy didn't have the large C on the back but bar that nothing else caught my interest in either store. I was hopping to try on the celine flannels that are being sold on mrporter but neither soho nor the madison ave store had any. IMG_6278.JPG IMG_6275.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads