• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

sisterraysaid

Reaction score
The new summer collection dropped on the website, I like it because of the color palette and it’s clean, but wouldn’t wear anything because it’s CELINE everywhere, argh! I really liked the trucker denim jacket with the hoodie incorporated but the logo on the back of the hood is a deal breaker for me.

View attachment 1794297
So much good CELINE is ruined by the tacky branding

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
w960_q80.jpg

w960_q80.jpg

giphy.gif

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score
While I would never buy that, I at least find it more wearable than the 2 other pictures. I could definitely see someone rocking that at coachella and looking good with it. Don't see that happening with the Celine examples

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, those sandals are some of the worst things I've seen in my life--but am I crazy to think that they're in some sense superior to the simple t shirt that just says "Celine" on it? Like, Hedi (or whoever is designing this garbage) actually had to spend a few minutes drawing the outline on paper, or whatever the process is for design? Whereas the Celine logo t shirts literally any human being on the planet could accomplish.

Did you ever in a million years think we'd be discussing what the worst elements of Hedi Slimane's work are?

This is a long shot: but did anyone try out the python blouson jacket?
7J8CWzlSZafDtaRVdl3L

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score
I mean, I can understand the simple t-shirts with simple logo/text on it, even if it feels like a cheap sell-out for someone like Slimane. (And to be fair, SLP had/has them as well). It probably sells like hot cakes although personally I avoid all that kind of clothing because it's the number one duped/faked item.

I find this entire 90s (cosmic cruiser) surfer/skater/punk infusion he's currently going for a far cry from what he was doing at SLP. I can only imagine there must be some kind of public for it but it's simply not connecting with me. Yes, I see many teenagers running around in similar fashion but I can hardly imagine they have the $$$ to dish out on Celine pieces, and with everything being 90s baggy/oversized style it's hard to distinguish opposed to the clean designer silhouette Slimane used to go for .. so you need to revert back to tacky **** like logos to actually show the difference between a piece of H&M and Celine :D

It's not all bad, there are still some great pieces in the new collection but overall it's not my thing.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair I like the scribble coat, I also like the way they styled it at Mr. Porter, very Prorsum, I already have two Macs though:
w2000_q60.jpg

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of items we find atrocious, I feel obligated to post this shirt, which I just find so absolutely hideous. I don't know which is more inexplicable, that they're charging $1950 for it, or that it's completely sold out.
2C724106Q.27NG_1_SUM22.jpg

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
While we're on the topic of items we find atrocious, I feel obligated to post this shirt, which I just find so absolutely hideous. I don't know which is more inexplicable, that they're charging $1950 for it, or that it's completely sold out.

I'm partial to the 'tailcoat' version myself

Attachments

• 7465eed1f0df3a6e02d91d4f330d9b97.png
    7465eed1f0df3a6e02d91d4f330d9b97.png
    582.6 KB · Views: 39

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I'm partial to the 'tailcoat' version myself

That's the thing I don't understand. Some of these Celine pieces are ugly but make sense, like the shirt in @GG Allin 's example, which is essentially just an oversized shirt with palm trees and a gradient. However, then you have pieces like this which make me wonder who the target market is. Who is it for? Who wants it? Who can make it look good? Who's paying €1190 for it?

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
That's the thing I don't understand. Some of these Celine pieces are ugly but make sense, like the shirt in @GG Allin 's example, which is essentially just an oversized shirt with palm trees and a gradient. However, then you have pieces like this which make me wonder who the target market is. Who is it for? Who wants it? Who can make it look good? Who's paying €1190 for it?
Rappers/hypebeasts

godnose

Reaction score

Don't see that happening with the Celine examples

I highly rate these trainers. No, I wouldn't wear them, but they're not made for me (not unless my music career takes off!) They are for a stage performance or music video for a pop-punk / rap star for sure.

Those Saint Laurent ones do nothing for me. Look very dated to me. Californian Instagrammer, rich, and roughing it glamping for the weekend. Actually reminds me very much of Ingrid Goes West (2017) which is a great film btw(!)

Ingrid-Goes-West-2017.png

with everything being 90s baggy/oversized style it's hard to distinguish opposed to the clean designer silhouette Slimane used to go for

I mean, as with all houses you need to pick the pieces carefully. Most fashion produced is not that great. I have the oversized zebra windbreaker from Cosmic Cruiser and people seriously register that it's something special. They can see it's 90s style and kinda understated but then there's something about it where they're like "what is that, how does it look so nice?"

The way it's cut and the zebra panels that cut deep into the sleeve below the elbow give it this "hardcore" and "moody" edge. That's the only way I can describe it. It shimmers and it looks really stunning when worn.

JACKET-WIT-NYLON-COATING-Black-white-CELINE.png

Now you can see that this Celine jacket shares 50% of its DNA with this windbreaker from Adidas, below. But almost no one shown these 2 jackets would consider that the Adidas version is more impactful or as nicely presented. The zebra print looks very digitally rendered on the Adidas. If you look at the Celine one, it's clearly been produced by a graphic designer / artist who knows what they're doing because it's very balanced, it's bold lines but drawn jaggedly so that it looks night a modern interpretation of something natural. It doesn't look hurried. The colour of the Celine zebra is also more like black and ivory, so that if you wear it with a white t shirt, the t shirt can still pop and the jacket stands out distinguished as another layer on top of the white which makes the outfit all a bit more "3D". The Adidas jacket's cut is really uninteresting, the arms are too slender, so that it looks out of balance and the material is dull and without lustre. Anyone here can see how Hedi has taken something like this and rendered it in his vision for Celine (does it seem likely that he saw this exact jacket?? It's pretty close). My goodness, yes it's eye-wateringly expensive, but as I am curating my wardrobe that I intend to last me decades and always inspire me, I'd rather pay £1450 for this Celine piece that excites me every time I see it, than pay £60 for this Adidas jacket that would make me feel half-assed to looking interesting (i.e. it's definitely not a plain jacket).

adidas zebra.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads