• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Dior black suit, very slim, fully canvassed, it's a beauty. But you're right, not a lot of wears. I have worn it out for a few cocktail-esque parties and/or nights out on town, once for business but felt weird, and a couple funerals IIRC. If going out it looks better with a splash of color in the shirting; I have a few KVA-era shirts where they'd have a stripe or some detail on the placard that helps and otherwise it's fun because it looks so good and slimming. Just probably 10% of the wear that I get out of my navy or grey-themed suits. I still don't own any earth-toned suits, but would like to one day to mix it up!

Thanks Sirgrotius. I just can't see myself wearing it. And those Dior Homme suits were fantastic.

godnose

Reaction score
I'd say more wearable and attractive, Vs niche and weird looking

It's just a view someone happened to share! Given the menswear gets so much hate from men, it was notable to me that a female friend preferred it over the womenswear this time around. I don't really care. I like Celine Homme generally.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just a view someone happened to share! Given the menswear gets so much hate from men, it was notable to me that a female friend preferred it over the womenswear this time around. I don't really care. I like Celine Homme generally.

I wasn't getting at you just replying to the other poster. I also generally like Celine. I didn't really like that much of the runway looks at Saint Laurent either, but the items out of that context were very wearable and commercially successful, like the womenswear is today.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Any of you men own a black Hedi Slimane suit? I'm tempted to get the two button Celine jacket to make a suit with the trousers I have

My first foray into blazer-land, with the short jacket in grain de poudre. It's all new to me but the advice from Kieran and a couple of others helped a lot.

My concern going into the store was whether the gdp version would be too 'stiff' looking, vs the wool gabardine equivalent, but I'm very pleased with this, having had both to look at in person. As an aside (but added confidence to my purchase) - when I queried a couple of SAs on separate occasions, they were both were quick to say the gdp fabric version is the one to get.

Speaking of Celine suits - Randeep, did you only get the grain de poudre jacket or did you grab the trousers as well? I have a Celine prince of wales jacket and was thinking of grabbing black Celine trousers to wear with them and was wondering if the grain de poudre or the wool gabardine trousers would go better. Thoughts from anyone else would appreciated too.

Considering waiting for a grey suit set with a more classic Hedi silhouette from Celine instead of buying a black one based off the above conversation convincing me a grey suit would be more versatile.

Although, can't tell if this jacket is black or dark grey from this photo, but this Boy Doll jacket with leather lapel details has me intriguied even if it's a bit "edgier" with the detailing.

59A3A2E3-A3FF-44E4-93D5-C4A0C3E62B5D.jpeg

And similarly have an interest in the leather blazer

AA1C33A3-3FD2-4397-A49C-BB07075BE2A4.jpeg

but neither would be as versatile as this suit shown in the collection though

9A3FED87-A270-4ED9-8C9B-1AEF5EF46447.jpeg

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the gabardine trousers. They are nice and would definitely go with that jacket. I haven't seen the grain de poudre though.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
They are nice and would definitely go with that jacket.

Thanks, I've been wearing a pair of black wool dries trousers with them but feels a bit weird to mismatch branding for a suit jacket and trousers.

The suit jacket I have for reference, not sure if it's from FW19 or SS20

8D424191-8BB8-417D-9A34-E6E1DB54017E.jpeg

Randeep

Reaction score
I only bought the jacket shoegazesummer.

Can anyone (re)-confirm which location it is in Paris that has the perfumes (and more importantly, the exclusive candles)?

I'm going for a couple of days for a work event and am tempted to extend my outbound ticket by a few hours so I can hop into the store etc, depending on its location.

Thanks

edit: nm - seems like it is HAUTE PARFUMERIE STORE 390, RUE SAINT-HONORÉ, according to this link

Jalen

Reaction score
Thanks, I've been wearing a pair of black wool dries trousers with them but feels a bit weird to mismatch branding for a suit jacket and trousers.

The suit jacket I have for reference, not sure if it's from FW19 or SS20

View attachment 1790073

@shoegazesummer I have this same blazer and wear it sometimes with my black grain de poudre trousers. I wouldn't consider myself well-versed in the faux pas of mix and matching suit fabrics, but I think it looks fine.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score

They used to say the Saint Laurent boy is a girl, the Celine boy is definitely a boy. That being said I've seen numerous guys wearing female Celine pieces going for the rock and roll lewk and I've seen teen girls wearing pieces from the mens collections. I kinda remember Hedi saying that the collections are unisex. Most of the rock stars wore women's clothing anyways so it's not really a stretch.

The boll doll collection is definitely bringing the younger generations closer to Hedi's rock and roll esthetic, even if the silhouettes are current; the pieces are chic and edgy rock couture.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
@shoegazesummer I have this same blazer and wear it sometimes with my black grain de poudre trousers. I wouldn't consider myself well-versed in the faux pas of mix and matching suit fabrics, but I think it looks fine.

It depends on your personal style. Pairing a jacket with jeans or black trousers is completely acceptable for most situations.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Randeep, I think you would like the Amiri stack jeans. I bought the plain black off matches. They're very skinny from top to bottom with a 14 cm hem. I didn't keep them because while I like them on some people, the super skinny look is too much for me and I know I wouldn't wear them. They did look great on me though and they're nice quality.

For reference for anybody interested in them, I'm a 31 in Celine which is pretty loose on me (can easily fit 30 but they're tighter than I like them these days) and I bought 31 and 32 at first and both were pretty much spray on but very stretchy so still comfortable. I tried a 33 hoping to get a looser look with small hem but they just looked baggy and sloppy around the knee and thigh.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I recently picked up the 30mm jacnos in black suede and wish I had earlier. These are pretty comfortable and will be great for all around use since they can be used for both formal or causal occasions. I prefer using chelseas or jacnos with suits due to how lowkey they are but will use the harness boots if I want more flare.
IMG_6240.JPG IMG_6241.JPG

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up the 30mm jacnos in black suede and wish I had earlier. These are pretty comfortable and will be great for all around use since they can be used for both formal or causal occasions. I prefer using chelseas or jacnos with suits due to how lowkey they are but will use the harness boots if I want more flare.
View attachment 1790795 View attachment 1790796
I'm on my fifth pair of jacno, but do not yet have a 30 mm one (unless the monk straps are, I can't remember). In my opinion they are better than the Wyatt, which I know everyone raved about. And they are indeed way more comfortable, especially the suede ones.

I kinda want to pick up the jodhpurs, but they seem to have vanished from the website. I also think they're drugstore, not jacno

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads