• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd love it, but didn't get anything. I do like the idea behind these capsule collections as they're digestible and fun. They remind me of DLCs for video games, although that's a bit of a nerdy analog!

On a related note, I did get these slim pants which for some reason I love. Very comfy obviously but more important great cut. I got the XS which looks slimmer than the model shot here.
1650390809305.png
1650390827576.png

BearStearns

Reaction score
I thought I'd love it, but didn't get anything. I do like the idea behind these capsule collections as they're digestible and fun. They remind me of DLCs for video games, although that's a bit of a nerdy analog!

On a related note, I did get these slim pants which for some reason I love. Very comfy obviously but more important great cut. I got the XS which looks slimmer than the model shot here. View attachment 1782165 View attachment 1782166
I'm not a fan of camo, but I have to admit, these pants look really nice. I think the print looks a lot more subdued/toned down. Or maybe that's just the Hedi-placebo talking. Either way, really nice pick up 👍.

Last edited:

Louis Louis

Reaction score

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you men own a black Hedi Slimane suit? I'm tempted to get the two button Celine jacket to make a suit with the trousers I have, but I'm having doubts about owning a black suit.

I like a black blazer white shirt and black jeans, or the black trousers with some derbies and a knit, but a full black suit somehow seems a bit much. I always liked the black suits worn by the DH staff, but outside of that kind of context maybe it looks like a waiter or something.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking back over the most recent womenswear collection it's annoying that the menswear isn't so commercial and accessible.

godnose

Reaction score
Looking back over the most recent womenswear collection it's annoying that the menswear isn't so commercial and accessible.

For what it's worth, one of my few friends who is into fashion and is female, much prefered Men's FW22 (Boy Doll) over Women's FW22 (Dans Paris). She found the women's a bit "basic" and the men's more exciting and edgy. She is a sort of rock-leaning person herself, I guess. That kind of music, bands, etc. but in any case, just thought I'd share!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Dior black suit, very slim, fully canvassed, it's a beauty. But you're right, not a lot of wears. I have worn it out for a few cocktail-esque parties and/or nights out on town, once for business but felt weird, and a couple funerals IIRC. If going out it looks better with a splash of color in the shirting; I have a few KVA-era shirts where they'd have a stripe or some detail on the placard that helps and otherwise it's fun because it looks so good and slimming. Just probably 10% of the wear that I get out of my navy or grey-themed suits. I still don't own any earth-toned suits, but would like to one day to mix it up!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads