• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had one from the website and returned it. I ordered 50 which is my Saint Laurent blazer size for reference, but it was huge with big shoulders. A 48 might have worked but I didn't like the style on me. Pretty sure it wasn't a washed one as well.

chromecowboy

Reaction score
@SirGrotius Hard to say which you'll receive... I do believe it's a placeholder image/the one Hedi approved to be on the site. The CELINE SS19 biker is superior to any Saint Laurent L17 made since 2014 imo.

In case anyone was curious, the HAUTE PARFUMERIE section on the site has been updated to include more intel on the candle collection. My word from SA's is that they will be priced in a similar fashion to Diptyque, at $98-$100.

Also received confirmation the travel perfume will be released late this year or early next year. This was already released in the pop-up at Le Bone Marché. The object that houses the fragrance is offered in Silver or Gold. It is the same design as the cap on the fragrance bottles. Still no word on the remaining two fragrances... whispers of one fragrance release/arrival in a final holiday/Q4 push but no confirmation. I doubt we see them until 2022, especially in the US.

Finally, the Women's SS22 collection is currently in the editing process. Was filmed in Nice, along the beach, similar vibe to the Monaco and Parade collections but with cues from Cosmic Cruiser. Possible involvement with house ambassadors, Lisa and Diana Silvers. Both ladies were in Nice at the same time as filming.

Attachments

• IMG_4803.jpg
    IMG_4803.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 56

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
travel perfume

Is this just smaller sizes? Isn't the 100ml bottle already a travel friendly size for airlines? I have a few samples still that I keep in my washbag for travelling but once I run out of them I assumed I could just bring my main bottles.

Also, very excited for the Women's SS22 collection.

In regards to the leather biker conversation, I had the same questions as SirGrotius since I also don't own a biker. Given the above comments that the most recent rendition is a bit wider I'll probably hold off for a while from buying one unless Hedi abruptly leaves Celine and I feel an obsessive collector compulsion to buy it. But I'm tall enough where I think the fact it's no longer aggressively cropped would still look fine for me.

chromecowboy

Reaction score
@shoegazesummer - in theory, yes you could travel with a 100ML bottle but it is larger than the object in the screenshot from Instagram? My guess is that the intention is for the travel size object to be placed in a handbag and generally used on the go. While the perfume bottle is for the home and decorative.

At the end of the day, this is just another way to interact with clients and keep them coming back... similar to what Dior and Louis Vuitton already have on offer. While I don't know specific information on size it's easy to imagine the perfume size would be about .5 oz.

I've personally owned two 200ML bottles since the release and cant wait to get my hands on the travel object, I prefer it in silver compared to the large glasses bottles. I find the gold variation to be too...C3PO. The silver will fit right in my work bag.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
This has probably been done to death, but what is everyone's experience or thoughts on the Celine vs. SLP biker jackets? Believe it or not, I don't own a classic motorcycle jacket and feel it might be time to take the plunge.

Celine's is the Classic Calfskin Biker. A little more going on, but I kind of like the off-kilter pockets and worn look. That said, I wonder if it'd be too billowy and I'm used to lamb not calf for suppleness. I realize calf is probably more classic for Moto. They have my usual size (44).
View attachment 1692402

View attachment 1692403
Not crazy about the bottom zippers; what function do they serve?

SLP Moto in Plunged Calfskin. Not even sure what plunged means in this context, but looks super supple and clean. They have my size 44 and a size down 42.
View attachment 1692404

View attachment 1692406

Hop into the leather jacket thread as they might know what those bottom zippers are for and if they have any historical significance, although they'll also try to persuade you into buying from another brand entirely. : )

I personally really enjoy the Celine jackets that are still made in the classic Hedi fit, I don't care much for the recent looser fit ones.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I follow the leather jacket thread just cause of understatesman and his journey to finding the perfect fitting leather jacket. If I purchased a jacket from that thread it would be a real mccoy but my favorites will always be the SLP jackets under hedi. I'm in the same boat, I could care less for the oversized outerwear.

Randeep

Reaction score
Has anybody got the "SWEATER WITH HOOD IN ICONIC CASHMERE" ?

Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 12.47.28.png

I think this coming winter I'd like a cashmere hoodie to layer smart-casually under outerwear, my logic being that:

- they're warm so I could skimp on the outer layer (something lighter instead of say a shearling which I generally only wear with a t-shirt underneath anyway)
- I never generally wear anything other than a t-shirt under my Celine/SL jackets, mainly cos I've got some unfounded paranoia about thicker layers (jumpers/cotton hoodies) stretching my outerwear which'll mean they won't fit as nice during summer when I revert back to thin tees. I'm guessing this might be less of an issue with a _cashmere_ (or wool) hoodie as the fabric is quite springy/soft?

and I'm invariably coming round to the Celine one. I've been looking at so many options from other brands across different online retailers and they just don't have the 'it' factor of the Celine one in that it looks so simple/unassuming, and a nicely sized hood that (it's a guess) would drape nicely across the back of a jacket.

But I have some reservations - can anyone chime in with their thoughts/experiences?:

- size M is sold out, so looks like I might have to try for size S. I'm figuring that cashmere would stretch a little and not in a way as to permanently distort the look of the hoodie - is my line of logic correct? (have very little experience with cashmere).
- is it par for the course nowadays (for brands such as Celine/SL) to be paying £££for a nice sweater/hoodie? This one is £1100 and I'm not sure I'm ready to shell out so much unless someone can opine as to the difference in quality/little details that make it "worth it" (above and beyond the design).

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny you mention only wearing t-shirts under Celine/SLP outerwear. I've finding myself more and more that way with my leather jackets and shearlings. I'm tired of layering. I like the feel of the jacket on the skin so to speak.

Anyway, I have some Celine cashmere but not that piece. I'm used to that price tag for my Dior cashmere hoodies, which seems to be a similar quality material. (They look nicer than the ubiquitous $800-$900 YSL hoodies, although some of those can be a diamonds if they're MIF using a Terry cloth or whatever they call it. That makes it softer.)

My Dior sheer cashmere hoodies are insanely soft, strangely warm despite the slim cut, and the quality of the stitch will stand the test of time. My Celine cashmere knitwear (sweaters) are exceptional quality but on the chunkier side, so not sure I can translate it to that same hoodie.

Bill H

Reaction score
This has probably been done to death, but what is everyone's experience or thoughts on the Celine vs. SLP biker jackets? Believe it or not, I don't own a classic motorcycle jacket and feel it might be time to take the plunge.

Celine's is the Classic Calfskin Biker. A little more going on, but I kind of like the off-kilter pockets and worn look. That said, I wonder if it'd be too billowy and I'm used to lamb not calf for suppleness. I realize calf is probably more classic for Moto. They have my usual size (44).
View attachment 1692402

View attachment 1692403
Not crazy about the bottom zippers; what function do they serve?

SLP Moto in Plunged Calfskin. Not even sure what plunged means in this context, but looks super supple and clean. They have my size 44 and a size down 42.
View attachment 1692404

View attachment 1692406
Sir G; I know you like to buy new, but if I was you, I would go back for one of the classics: FW13 oiled calf L17, the SS14 multi-zip, or maybe my favourite: the ss15 fringe biker, but that may not be your style... I feel like I am missing a good one... to be honest, I haven't been feeling any of the Celine riders

Adamdraps

Reaction score
It's funny you mention only wearing t-shirts under Celine/SLP outerwear. I've finding myself more and more that way with my leather jackets and shearlings. I'm tired of layering. I like the feel of the jacket on the skin so to speak.

I feel the same way

deepocean80

Reaction score
I have two black Docs, Margiela tabi chelseas in black, a pair of black SL Cesna’s, a pair of black Common Projects combat boots and a pair of dark brown Dries Van Noten

I want a pair of Ann Demeulmeester & these Kim Jones is wearing here which I assume are Dior but can’t seem to find
What size are you?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I'm moving the conversation from the SL thread to here as to not derail that one.

Love that piece RedVelvet. I don't remember seeing it and you bring up a great point, the shoulders are too louche for me and exaggerated in the SLP piece. I remember Celine had a brown phase maybe right before the Dancing Kid transition. As usual, I'm about 2 years behind the curve.

I did kind of bait you guys, because that is the jacket with that "KLAK" design on the back (I forgot, oops). There was a denim jacket with something like that as well and I remember those designs got some negative feedback on here back then haha.

But is it weird that I'm already getting nostalgic for things that happened two years ago? I guess that's bound to happen when you don't care for the last three menswear shows but I've found myself looking at a lot of jackets from before the TDK era. It's like one of your favorite bands releasing multiple albums that you don't care for so the previous ones become even more special.

godnose

Reaction score
Has anybody got the "SWEATER WITH HOOD IN ICONIC CASHMERE" ?

View attachment 1692863

I think this coming winter I'd like a cashmere hoodie to layer smart-casually under outerwear, my logic being that:

- they're warm so I could skimp on the outer layer (something lighter instead of say a shearling which I generally only wear with a t-shirt underneath anyway)
- I never generally wear anything other than a t-shirt under my Celine/SL jackets, mainly cos I've got some unfounded paranoia about thicker layers (jumpers/cotton hoodies) stretching my outerwear which'll mean they won't fit as nice during summer when I revert back to thin tees. I'm guessing this might be less of an issue with a _cashmere_ (or wool) hoodie as the fabric is quite springy/soft?

and I'm invariably coming round to the Celine one. I've been looking at so many options from other brands across different online retailers and they just don't have the 'it' factor of the Celine one in that it looks so simple/unassuming, and a nicely sized hood that (it's a guess) would drape nicely across the back of a jacket.

But I have some reservations - can anyone chime in with their thoughts/experiences?:

- size M is sold out, so looks like I might have to try for size S. I'm figuring that cashmere would stretch a little and not in a way as to permanently distort the look of the hoodie - is my line of logic correct? (have very little experience with cashmere).
- is it par for the course nowadays (for brands such as Celine/SL) to be paying £££for a nice sweater/hoodie? This one is £1100 and I'm not sure I'm ready to shell out so much unless someone can opine as to the difference in quality/little details that make it "worth it" (above and beyond the design).

Hey, I agree, the Celine one is the nicest on the market. It looks super premium and luxurious. The cut and the character of it look just right.

I presume that you're looking for a plain black one, especially as plain black will play nicely underneath a jacket and not compete with it. Just as a wild card suggestion I'm going to post this Lanvin one, which I really like (mohair, not cashmere). I think Lanvin is doing great things in menswear and is a solid "insider" brand. I also think the logo is strong and iconic. But perhaps it's not got the YSL / Celine vibe you're looking for. Esp as it's logoed!

Lanvin Hoodie.jpg

£925 on Lanvin, or £667 on Farfetch.

And... Secondly, I agree £1000+ on a hoodie is a very large amount of money. £500 on cotton ones is hefty for that matter.

I'd say, as another option, just consider this from French Connection (high street, shock horror!) Honestly, French Connection is my secret weapon sometimes. The quality is actually really quite good and it's premium for high street. This is £165. And that's very expensive to most consumers, so I believe it'll be of pretty good quality to justify that price. Photograph on the website is terrible. I really think this would need to be seen in person, but it would look several grades above regular high street stuff. Given your (very sensible) misgivings about the cost, and uncertainty about whether you'd like to wear a layer under your jacket, if you are experimenting and go with this option you can pat yourself on the back for saving £800 and basically achieving your look. PS: Black Friday will likely see a 25-40% discount code.

FC Hoodie.jpg

Hope I'm not totally wide of the mark this reply!!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads