• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

doublementh

Reaction score
i really love the celine skate pants but i can’t wear pleats. my thighs are way too muscular and they unfold. where can i get a similar cut and/or pattern? is there even a name for this cut? slim taper, straight leg, even wide-leg, (idc as long as the straight/wide has little to no break)? does celine have something else? SL?

buying pants is a nightmare lmao

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
I have an oversized bomber kind of similar to the black one but these are just vulgar. I could see somebody like Fat Joe or rappers who wear giant clothes wearing one, but why?

lol that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long minute

I don’t know, man - something about it is very cool - a kind of “if you don’t get it you just don’t” vibe which I always appreciate & I think someone needs to have a ton of confidence (not me) to rock something like that

not sure vulgar is the word but I can see what you’re getting at - I too wouldn’t buy / wear it but I love that it exists

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
I'm not a big Raf fan, but I've always sorta liked his basics--for example, the Prada wool trousers look great to me, but maybe I'm just boring.

agree - & tbh other than outerwear & some knits, my style is generally p tame (or so I think)

godnose

Reaction score
So many amazing pieces from CC, my favorite being this sequined open side tank top.

I guess there was a reason this was the first look. And I'm glad if that look struck you. It all kinda washed over me. Sequins are really delicate and impractical and I just wouldn't wear them. It's a piece to be worn once on a night out and that's it. It was all very glam and quite queer and just not something you could wear on much of a normal day. I found it a disappointment after TKP which was heavy streetwear and, to me, was all very wearable. Some of the jackets in CC were ok. But generally, just too flash.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the website today and was optioned out. Is there a way to just view all menswear and accessories in one fell swoop or does one need to click through about 40 different options?

On a similar note, my impetus was looking for a gift to offer my better half. The womenswear is leagues ahead of the menswear. I know we’ve discussed this to death, but worth noting that when we think of Celine being on the existential brink for what 4 - 5 years now, their women‘s collections seem awash in plenty, creativity, and variety.

rire

Reaction score
Anyone got these? Never seen a single fitpic.

Capture d’écran 2021-10-23 à 20.03.33.png

pockets

Reaction score
it was a different era, excessive. nyc cokeboy hop out a 500 benz feels. that drape of a big ass avirex though channels vibes i dont associate with this thread. i do very much **** with it though, internally.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has probably been done to death, but what is everyone's experience or thoughts on the Celine vs. SLP biker jackets? Believe it or not, I don't own a classic motorcycle jacket and feel it might be time to take the plunge.

Celine's is the Classic Calfskin Biker. A little more going on, but I kind of like the off-kilter pockets and worn look. That said, I wonder if it'd be too billowy and I'm used to lamb not calf for suppleness. I realize calf is probably more classic for Moto. They have my usual size (44).
1635271138553.png

1635271203072.png

Not crazy about the bottom zippers; what function do they serve?

SLP Moto in Plunged Calfskin. Not even sure what plunged means in this context, but looks super supple and clean. They have my size 44 and a size down 42.
1635271255608.png

1635271270063.png

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Celine biker are nicely down but the leather is very supple and for me a biker has to be a little stiff. After two years they loose their structure.
And those 2 backzippers are a good way to screew your chairs.

chromecowboy

Reaction score
@SirGrotius, the CELINE biker image you shared is the original washed calfskin version from SS19. It retailed for 4950 if memory serves correctly. I have this one, it is stunning, thin, drapes well, and is cropped. It is also the version Hedi wears himself. I have seen it hanging in the stores on occasion still, but less frequently than the "updated" iteration. The new iteration is better reflected on Mr Porter... it is not washed, thicker calf, wider, and less cropped imo. This iteration was released in AW19 or SS20 and retails for 4650.

Attachments

• feature02_1200.jpg
    feature02_1200.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 77

chromecowboy

Reaction score
Should also note the hardware is more matte on the new iteration and not the true metallic Hedi achieved on the original SS19 version.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
SS19 Biker fit a size down compared to the FW19 and L01s from vac fit big compared to the Hedi season ones. I'd try to get a SS13/FW13 L01 just based on fit and the L01 without the belt looks the best with your classier style or get an L17 if you want an edge

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh great insights above. I love that picture of Hedi and the image I showed. It’s a good point though, since I went to the MrPorter site for styling ideas and did not like the newer version at all. Do you think the webstore is using a placeholder image or is there a chance that I’d receive the ‘19 version?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads