• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AGlorifiedCrew

Reaction score
But speaking of that, can we get a little more rise on the high rise fit @spiermackay? I find they kind of sit in no mans land even when I go up a size to a 34. Not quite high enough to get over the hip bone and stay in place well through the day. Another .5"-1" might do it.

100% agreed. I know it sounds like an insane front-rise, but a 12" Front / 17.5" Rear rise is pretty much perfection when it comes to high-waisted trousers with pleats that guarantees it sits snug at the navel. I think it's safe to assume the side tab/high waist/single pleat trousers SM offers are trying to emulate a lot of the fits we see in the Pitti/Neapolitan-styled tailoring (which most of us love), so might as well go all in with the high rise. And as long as the pant leg is given a good taper and the thighs are properly fitted, you won't look like Steve Urkel.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the high rise pants are good as is. Remember MTO is comming and we can start to adjust.
326j6a.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But speaking of that, can we get a little more rise on the high rise fit @spiermackay? I find they kind of sit in no mans land even when I go up a size to a 34. Not quite high enough to get over the hip bone and stay in place well through the day. Another .5"-1" might do it.

Couldn't agree more on this.

3rd-ed. .5-1" higher would be great.

Would anyone also be down for a wider waistband? I wouldn't mind the waistband on trousers with side tabs being .25-.5" wider.

100% agreed. I know it sounds like an insane front-rise, but a 12" Front / 17.5" Rear rise is pretty much perfection when it comes to high-waisted trousers with pleats that guarantees it sits snug at the navel. I think it's safe to assume the side tab/high waist/single pleat trousers SM offers are trying to emulate a lot of the fits we see in the Pitti/Neapolitan-styled tailoring (which most of us love), so might as well go all in with the high rise. And as long as the pant leg is given a good taper and the thighs are properly fitted, you won't look like Steve Urkel.
I'm in for higher rise as well. I have some pants with rises between 11.5 and 12 and they are great.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might have to try the high-rise single pleat. Last time I tried pleats, I just couldn't get behind it, but so many dudes are rocking the Spier trousers, perhaps I need to evaluate once again.

Has anyone here started as a total anti-pleat individual, then been converted once they tried Spier's?

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Might have to try the high-rise single pleat. Last time I tried pleats, I just couldn't get behind it, but so many dudes are rocking the Spier trousers, perhaps I need to evaluate once again.

Has anyone here started as a total anti-pleat individual, then been converted once they tried Spier's?

Only one way to find out.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I find the current higher rise extended waist trousers to be perfect as is. If the waist were wider and rise higher I suspect it could be a little much for shorter (5' 7") guys like myself.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When would you wear the black suit? I always thought that navy and charcoal grey were a better, more versatile choice than black, which tends to be very stark.
Funerals. I was also thinking about picking up a black suit to replace one I bought several years ago.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All my other pants are flat front. Including a bunch of mid/high rise luxire pants. But I feel good in the SM high rise pleated. Dont know exactly why. I guess all the details work well together.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Yes. Changed the name to lightweight, because these technically are not just summer specific. They can be worn year round. They are just a lighter weight version of a traditional oxford. They are about 25% lighter.
Are bundling prices available on the new shirts?

pickergc

Reaction score

honestly, I'm not sold on the high rise-pleat trousers that are included with the navy fresco suit. My torso is short, and round, and I'm not sure how high they should be....overall it's been a confusing experience.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly, I'm not sold on the high rise-pleat trousers that are included with the navy fresco suit. My torso is short, and round, and I'm not sure how high they should be....overall it's been a confusing experience.
5’7” here and very happy with regular rise, flat front pants. In case somebody’s keeping score and ends up thinking the whole world wants bigger pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads