• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Versatility depends on context. I work in a law firm and own about 15 suits, not one of which is a light grey. I own a medium grey, but nowhere near "light" in the colour spectrum. I would personally feel quite a bit underdressed wearing a light grey suit at work, but then again, I'm not a partner, and don't get to call all of the shots on what I wear.

Well this is an occupation problem. Some colors or patterns can only be worn when you're the shareholder. Or time to change jobs so your wardrobe can finally grow. I just gave away a brand new Boglioli navy blazer cuz one can only have so many.

VincentC

Reaction score
Turtleneck dudes : If I wear a 38 slim with S&M would you say Medium for the turtleneck?

If only they would reply to my emails I've sent over a few days time. I meant to order a sweater with my black friday purchase and forgot. I asked if I could have them add it to the order and invoice me so I can avoid extra shipping charges. I'd hate to eat extra money for shipping for no reason. Would save them the trouble of posting two packages as well.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Versatility depends on context. I work in a law firm and own about 15 suits, not one of which is a light grey. I own a medium grey, but nowhere near "light" in the colour spectrum. I would personally feel quite a bit underdressed wearing a light grey suit at work, but then again, I'm not a partner, and don't get to call all of the shots on what I wear.

That was the point I was making, “lighter than charcoal” should really be the name of the 3rd category.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Aggressively cropped mirror pic to illustrate the beauty of this brick (burnt orange) v-neck sweater. Paired with blue/pink check spread collar from S&M. In love with the color.

Extra feedback: F/W '18 sweaters don't pill anymore, but they also lost a bit of loft and warmth in the process! 20181127_122310-1.jpg

cvb1

Reaction score
So how long do you usually have to wait for things to be shipped? I ordered things on BF and I've yet to recieve a shippment mail, I recieved the confirmation mail instantly though.

feelufo

Reaction score
So how long do you usually have to wait for things to be shipped? I ordered things on BF and I've yet to recieve a shippment mail, I recieved the confirmation mail instantly though.
"Please Note: Please allow for up to 5-7 business days for Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale Items to Ship. The higher volume of orders are being processed as quickly as possible. "
What a world we live in where on the second business day you start asking, "Where is my package?"

I'm a little bummed I haven't seen any pictures of the brown and red POW posted yet or more of all of the POWs.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turtleneck dudes : If I wear a 38 slim with S&M would you say Medium for the turtleneck?

If only they would reply to my emails I've sent over a few days time. I meant to order a sweater with my black friday purchase and forgot. I asked if I could have them add it to the order and invoice me so I can avoid extra shipping charges. I'd hate to eat extra money for shipping for no reason. Would save them the trouble of posting two packages as well.

I am a 40 and took a medium and it is slim. If I buy another, I may opt to size up.

cvb1

Reaction score
"Please Note: Please allow for up to 5-7 business days for Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale Items to Ship. The higher volume of orders are being processed as quickly as possible. "
What a world we live in where on the second business day you start asking, "Where is my package?"

I'm a little bummed I haven't seen any pictures of the brown and red POW posted yet or more of all of the POWs.

Sorry but in Sweden BF is a work day, didn't even know it isn't in Canada. I didn't see that quote anywhere, but thanks anyway.

VincentC

Reaction score
I've been back and going back and forth on if I should grab the below suit. I don't really need it but it's a pretty great deal with the last day of the sale
https://www.spierandmackay.com/filarte-blue-mix-texture-1.html

I opted to get this for the same reason as @masernaut. The double-duty jacket. Excited to see how it works in person.

I am a 40 and took a medium and it is slim. If I buy another, I may opt to size up.

Thanks for this. I figured medium would be a good bet if I wanted a close, slim fit. In fact, I essentially wanted to clone the product photo of the blue-mix suit that is mentioned above haha. I'm not a big turtleneck guy, but that product photo is a good look IMO.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually like the look of chalkstripe, but I don't need a flannel suit in Vancouver.

I like stripes in general. I wanted to get last season's pinstripe suit but didn't have the budget, and by the time I had the budget, it was out of stock. I guess that's the way the cards are dealt.

Light grey is nowhere near a must-have.

Wot you on about, mate.

Get yo Michael Mann on, son.

uuvviwy7xprkll8ptvim.jpg

My SM light grey suit is my go-to for everything, networking events, dinners, date nights, business meetings, weddings, formal stuff, killing fools, it's uber versatile

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I don't need a flannel suit in Vancouver" ?

Wearing tweed here when it gets into the 50s in Houston. I just peeked at your forecast for the week, you absolutely need a flannel suit @Ezio.

GEhxl5r.gif

I'm wearing summerweight khakis and a half-sleeve shirt today.

Tho tbh, I think I made the right choice getting a cord suit over a flannel suit. I love this thing, it looks great, fits great, feels great, gets a ton of compliments, is nice to touch, it has a sick colour, and it feels warmer than any other suit I own.

Corduroy is sick, yo.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads