• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So angry the summer washed chambray is sold out.
It does not appear that that shirt or the vintage loose weave were even offered in 36 sleeve length. Or, they SO in that length within minutes. I'd have bought one or the other, or both. Oh well.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good run down of what S&M's made to measure options entail? I have a long layover in Toronto next week and I'm thinking about stopping in.

konix

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good run down of what S&M's made to measure options entail? I have a long layover in Toronto next week and I'm thinking about stopping in.

All suits are half-canvassed with the option of full canvas at an additional $150CAN. They have 2 liner options that are free so if you choose to venture away from that then it'll be an additional $90CAN. They have fabric books but if there's a fabric you want just let them know and they'll give you a quote. Note that the cost of your MTM depends primarily on the fabric you choose, so nicer fabrics will translate into higher costs.

Note that S&M doesn't work off a pattern. They can literally do anything you want (adjust gorge height, button stance, etc...). Even on the pant they can do whatever (coin pocket, side tabs, double pleat, higher rise, wider waistband etc..). Measurements are done once, should you go to the Toronto store talk to I recommend going to Tim aka @induere_to and he'll set you up.

Not really advertised but S&M does allow you to bring in fabrics. I asked for a quote on a jacket using a Solbiati fabric but they said they didn't have access to Solbiati so they said if I could find it I could bring it in, which I did. Cost in this case is $400CAN plus $80CAN to ship it to the factory.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another thing to note. Touch base with Rick or Mike at Mississauga first.

You will likely want to go to that location if Laying over. Unless you are going into Toronto for other reasons, which if it’s longer then 10-12 hrs you definitely should.

Reason being. Most fabric books are In Toronto and not Mississauga. They will need to bring them up for you.

Plan ahead

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you have done?
I didn't alter an existing pair. I have several pairs of RTW Rota and experience some of that break behind the knees. I had the back rise reduced by 1 cm on a MTM pair. They drape pretty much perfectly.

murrae14

Reaction score
Anyone know what typical order times are ? I placed two orders on Saturday and still am in a "processing" state, with no indication / heads up on when to expect the order. I almost just want to go to the store and get the items myself now.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Who's in the mood for some Corduroy?

20180620_172643_resized_1.jpg

Typiper

Reaction score
I am terribly sorry if this has been touched on in a previous post, but this is the fastest-moving thread on SF!

I missed out on the Slim Charcoal trousers, either in VBC or Filarte. Are there plans to restock in the near future? Thank you!!

@spiermackay

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting choice of lapel shape for corduroy. I would have expected it to follow more closely the moleskin pattern. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting choice of lapel shape for corduroy. I would have expected it to follow more closely the moleskin pattern. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

This is in the Neapolitan. They went too gung ho on the sharpness of curve. I've asked them to tone in down for production.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quarters look more closed, though? Could be a high angle?

Quarters are the same as our Neapolitan. I think it's the rigidity of the cotton that appears to make it look that way. And the angle a big high and not straight on like our normal product pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads