• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My size is gone. I had the pants pre-ordered but had to change to the next size up - was informed I was good to go, then informed that I was not. A huge bummer, but I did pick up the POW suit and am very happy with it.

Last edited:

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My size is gone. I had the pants pre-ordered but had to change to the next size up - was informed I was good to go, then informed that I was not. A huge bummer, but I did pick up the POW suit and am very happy with it.
Can you put up some pics of the POW when you get it?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get something like this just not that much with all my trousers and I don’t skip leg day haha I work them twice a week but I think I have forward hips too. I think one time @Mr. Six told me that that can be fixed by shortening the back rise. Pull you trousers up and they clean a lot, that would be the effect.
Yeah, for some people('s builds) and trouser cuts, this might work. It has for me with the one brand with which I've specifically tried it.

Cartwright

Reaction score
Maiden voyage.

View attachment 993207

20180620_191251.jpg

Toadsage

Reaction score
I'm sorry but if anything the article does a disservice to the product. Other than rattling off specs that are common knowledge or readily available on the S&M website, the article doesn't really say much.

Add to the fact that the fit pics look shite, and there doesn't seem to be any styling being done to make the garment look more presentable.

It's such a sad waste of marketing dollars.

Gotta agree that they don't touch on some of the big differentiators that s&m has going for it. For me the way the sleeves are on my suitsupply napoli suits has always felt abit odd, it seems like they don't hang naturally or flow with shape of arm...off the shelf the pants are also quite slim especially in the thigh area. These are two key aspects where I think the s&m suits I have are better designed in comparison to Napoli.

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
Okay, I've been eagerly awaiting the Neopolitan Hopsack for months now and have the funds ready to pull the trigger the second I see up! I know it is soon now, any word on exact day or time yet? This is one I absolutely need as I have sold off the majority of slim fit suiting and too short jackets I wore before fine tuning my preferred fit and settling on 42L with 1.5 inch sleeve shortening from shoulders. I'm just terrified to miss out on it as it will be a all-season wear in Florida and my only blue jacket currently. It will be my 3rd jacket total, after selling 5 suits and 6 sportscoats this month. Any ETA or info would be SUPER appreciated!

Also, with the 42L Contemporary being my jacket size and my measurments being 6'2.5 208 lbs and 41.75 inch chest with 36.5 inch actual waist, would the Large or XL Polos work? The Large measures almost spot on to a well fitting polo I Have that has been washed and shrunk up to a good slim but not too slim fit. My main concern is the length as the Large is about quarter inch shorter and the one I have is touch shorter than perfect. The XL is about half inch longer but this is before shrinkage, and chest and waist both about 1.5-2 inches bigger than my current. Wondering if I go XL and hope it shrinks down very minimal in length or I get Large and have a good fit as is but risk a wash or two being unwearable. I guess my third option would be sadly to skip unless a longer length was available down the road haha.

sid11111

Reaction score
Any you thoughts on having thin MOP as opposed to white shell buttons in the White/Black label shirts? Would the costs work on to be the same?

I've always found that in comparison, the standard white shell lacks the lustre of MOP which sells it a little short.

Last edited:

dluce76

Reaction score
Did anyone have the knee length lining removed on the fresco trousers? I want to remove it to improve air circulation/cooling (they wore warmer than I thought they would yesterday), but wasn't sure if the fabric would hold up and tolerate the extra friction from my skin over time.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I've been eagerly awaiting the Neopolitan Hopsack for months now and have the funds ready to pull the trigger the second I see up! I know it is soon now, any word on exact day or time yet? This is one I absolutely need as I have sold off the majority of slim fit suiting and too short jackets I wore before fine tuning my preferred fit and settling on 42L with 1.5 inch sleeve shortening from shoulders. I'm just terrified to miss out on it as it will be a all-season wear in Florida and my only blue jacket currently. It will be my 3rd jacket total, after selling 5 suits and 6 sportscoats this month. Any ETA or info would be SUPER appreciated!

Also, with the 42L Contemporary being my jacket size and my measurments being 6'2.5 208 lbs and 41.75 inch chest with 36.5 inch actual waist, would the Large or XL Polos work? The Large measures almost spot on to a well fitting polo I Have that has been washed and shrunk up to a good slim but not too slim fit. My main concern is the length as the Large is about quarter inch shorter and the one I have is touch shorter than perfect. The XL is about half inch longer but this is before shrinkage, and chest and waist both about 1.5-2 inches bigger than my current. Wondering if I go XL and hope it shrinks down very minimal in length or I get Large and have a good fit as is but risk a wash or two being unwearable. I guess my third option would be sadly to skip unless a longer length was available down the road haha.

I’m close to your size and went XL on the polos. The fit is great.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay

Any chance their is MTM cloth hanging around that is a bold navy Bengal stripe?
Or even wider then a typical Bengal?

Only one I see now that might work is the TM royal blue THM-1375

But anything in Navy, and anything bolder?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to highlight a few new shirts I picked up yesterday: the white cotton/linen popover is exactly what myself and others have been asking for, and the blue summer washed chambray looks like a nice work alternative to the ocbd. Didn't grab the vintage loose weave but it looks good and reminds me of the madras chambray texture. Picked up another 2 shirts to tip the excellent bundle deal going on now, and 2 pairs of linen pants to see if they work better for me than last year's.

Also, an interest check: I have a few Spier items, gently used, I'm looking to sell. Size 40R contemporary v1 Neapolitan suit in charcoal houndstooth (a dark gray), 40R contemporary model 2 tobacco wool linen suit, 40R model 2 brown guncheck and Huddersfield 3 button navy hopsack sportcoats, and a handful of 15.5 neck shirts. Reach out if interested, I'd like to make a deal.

Last edited:

Pepetito

Reaction score
Wanted to highlight a few new shirts I picked up yesterday: the white cotton/linen popover is exactly what myself and others have been asking for, and the blue summer washed chambray looks like a nice work alternative to the ocbd. Didn't grab the vintage loose weave but it looks good and reminds me of the madras chambray texture. Picked up another 2 shirts to tip the excellent bundle deal going on now, and 2 pairs of linen pants to see if they work better for me than last year's.

Also, an interest check: I have a few Spier items, gently used, I'm looking to sell. Size 40R contemporary v1 Neapolitan suit in charcoal houndstooth (a dark gray), 40R contemporary model 2 tobacco wool linen suit, 40R model 2 brown guncheck and Huddersfield 3 button navy hopsack sportcoats, and a handful of 15.5 neck shirts. Reach out if interested, I'd like to make a deal.
So angry the summer washed chambray is sold out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads