• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supposedly the average consumer was getting confused as to which fit was best for them and what the differences between each fit was.

For us enthusiasts of course it was easier.

Oh man. I wish I could get these sale codes emailed to me. By the time someone mentions it here the stuff on my wishlist has been snapped up.

You weren't very late! I posted it about 30 minutes after the email was sent out, specifically for those of you who don't get the email.

jermyzy

Reaction score
Glad I waited on the green slub, haha! Regret buying the Donegal back on Black Friday now, I haven't even worn it yet :(

ninzer33

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Outerwear? Have my eye on the Melton topcoat in navy.

I wear a 38 Slim in S&M Suits normally and they fit me well off the rack. Do I absolutely need to size up to 40 in the topcoat?

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think today was the first time I clicked on the Refine filter. I am not sure what to make of the screen that I was presented with. I was viewing it in Chrome on my desktop. Perhaps it's something the web design guy(s) could look at?
upload_2018-1-31_13-30-57.png

View attachment 917713

jermyzy

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Outerwear? Have my eye on the Melton topcoat in navy.

I wear a 38 Slim in S&M Suits normally and they fit me well off the rack. Do I absolutely need to size up to 40 in the topcoat?

Not sure about the topcoat, but I wear 36S slim in their suits/sportscoat and I got the 36 for the dufflecoat and it fits well

ninzer33

Reaction score
Not sure about the topcoat, but I wear 36S slim in their suits/sportscoat and I got the 36 for the dufflecoat and it fits well
Hmmmm. Might just go for the 38 since the 40 isn't available in the melton and I don't want the Cashmere one.

TheVirt

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Might just go for the 38 since the 40 isn't available in the melton and I don't want the Cashmere one.
I'd definitely recommend against this; the melton is even thicker than the cashmere and I had to size up on the cashmere one. Usually a 36S in the jackets and I went for a 38R for the longer length and better fit overall, especially with thicker fabrics like the moleskin. Might even need to go up another for the gun check tweed. It still fits pretty well even without a jacket though.

Recent bathroom pictures of my new coat below. I'm really stoked with it; I actually happened to receive the coat in the mail the night before my dental school interview and I'm convinced that the new coat plus a freshly-ironed shirt contributed immensely to my confidence that day, haha!

IMG_20180129_130607.jpg
IMG_20180130_160521.jpg
IMG_20180131_135839.jpg

jermyzy

Reaction score
Or you could play it safe and order both and just return the one that doesn't fit! I find opinions here are varied...when I bought my Donegal Tweed, everybody was saying to get the contemporary instead of the slimfit. They didn't have my size in the contemporary so I bought the slim fit. The donegal tweed was actually looser than my other S&M slim fit sportscoats...

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely recommend against this; the melton is even thicker than the cashmere and I had to size up on the cashmere one. Usually a 36S in the jackets and I went for a 38R for the longer length and better fit overall, especially with thicker fabrics like the moleskin. Might even need to go up another for the gun check tweed. It still fits pretty well even without a jacket though.

Recent bathroom pictures of my new coat below. I'm really stoked with it; I actually happened to receive the coat in the mail the night before my dental school interview and I'm convinced that the new coat plus a freshly-ironed shirt contributed immensely to my confidence that day, haha!

View attachment 917734 View attachment 917736 View attachment 917737

Looks really great on you.

TheVirt

Reaction score
Looks really great on you.
Thanks! I think I've worn it 3 days in a row now, but it's just so versatile that It doesn't seem like I'm repeating it all that much. Works with both more casual and formal fits and feels great. For $300CAD on sale, this is easily the best value retail overcoat I know of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads