• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tmckay2

Reaction score
Yes.
This is the label for a pair of 100% quest cotton, I dry cleaned and it shrank a bit, the fabric became thinner.
View attachment 2140987 View attachment 2140985

This is the label for regular 100% cotton dress trousers. I'm willing to give these a test wash:
View attachment 2140989 View attachment 2140991
Weird, must be due to the lining or something. All mine are machine wash. Side note but I dig the cotton/linen ones. Nice feel, slight stretch in my opinion, lightweight. I'm going to get more. Only thing that scares me if they end up wrinkling bad. Not terrible if they do but kind of a pain.

CLH03

Reaction score
Weird, must be due to the lining or something. All mine are machine wash. Side note but I dig the cotton/linen ones. Nice feel, slight stretch in my opinion, lightweight. I'm going to get more. Only thing that scares me if they end up wrinkling bad. Not terrible if they do but kind of a pain.
They definitely wrinkle pretty heavily

SteveMc

Reaction score
I like them as well. I wouldn't worry, they don't wrinkle much due to the cotton blend.

CLH03

Reaction score
Meh, I'll just have to iron them then I guess
Yeah I iron them every time I wear them, and by the end of the day, they’re pretty wrinkled. I do love the pants though, so I’ll sacrifice a little wrinkling for that

tmckay2

Reaction score
For those who have the cotton linen chinos, anyone try the light yellow? I'm trying to determine what color they are in real life, like if it's truly yellow or more like a dusted khaki. I don't particularly want YELLOW but the khaki almost seems too dark.

WaIIace

Reaction score
Can someone recommend high rise chinos in a similar price point? (in $100 range) Unfortunately, SM doesn't carry them in a khaki color at the moment...

zspasic1

Reaction score
Is it just me or does Spier run out of stuff like super quick now? Like they just dropped some lightweight oxfords and they are already all sold out in my size (15 34 contemporary).

There is a green stripe with a 15 34 contemporary available, so obviously they still make this size. What gives?

jimrude

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for the light grey herringbone balmacaan from the recent release, I have one for sale. Brand new/never worn with tags, size 44. Shoot me a DM if interested, thanks.
This might be perfect. I wear a 44L sport coat (not S&M sizing, prob a 46 for them). Could you post/DM some measurements (shoulder, chest)? TIA!

zspasic1

Reaction score
Can someone recommend high rise chinos in a similar price point? (in $100 range) Unfortunately, SM doesn't carry them in a khaki color at the moment...
Vintage polo Ralph Lauren on eBay. Can often find them new with tags for $40-50. I like the Andrew (double forward pleats), but if you want flat front, look for the Prospect. All have about 11.5-12.5 inch rise.

CLH03

Reaction score
Is it just me or does Spier run out of stuff like super quick now? Like they just dropped some lightweight oxfords and they are already all sold out in my size (15 34 contemporary).

There is a green stripe with a 15 34 contemporary available, so obviously they still make this size. What gives?
I think they get stock in periodically. Probably don’t get everything delivered all at once

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads