• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aly.B

Reaction score
Hi all,

Occasional lurker here looking for some sizing advice on SM’s peacoats and suede flight jackets. For suit size 42R, what size would you gentlemen suggest in these two items? Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Not a S&M fit per se (only the shirt), but the vintage Magee donegal is pretty much the same fabric they use in the polo coat this season. I love the flecks, especially in direct sunlight.
20231016_164219.jpg

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had also stopped looking at shirts, because they don't seem to come in sleeve lengths anymore off the rack, but the size 15 that I thought wouldn't work for me actually has in the shirts that I bought this year. I'm usually between a 32 and 33 depending on the brand. I think the size 15 is speced at 34 for that size, but I don't find the sleeves to be too long.
5'5 and you wear 34 length shirts? What kinda gorilla are you?

EdwardPatrick

Reaction score
Looks like there's about a one inch gain in rise and hips over the contemporary. I just bought some in olive - we'll see!
Is this based off the sizing chart? I’m curious about whether generally the rise on these new ones is a high rise.

Edit: front rise for size 32 in these is 11.3" compared to their previous release contemporary chinos with the high rise designation which have an 11.5" rise.

Last edited:

Ortip

Reaction score
Is this based off the sizing chart? I’m curious about whether generally the rise on these new ones is a high rise. Do you know?
I was looking at the 33.
0.65" higher rise
1.8" bigger hip
0.5" bigger thigh
0.73" bigger hem

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231017-192828.png
    Screenshot_20231017-192828.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20231017-192801.png
    Screenshot_20231017-192801.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 251

Rhodia

Reaction score
Ok. So 16.5 Contemporary in anything thicker than your typical poplin or end on end fits me way too tight. I'm guessing us more athletic / muscular folks are basically out of luck at S&M?
I'm one of these folks (6'1" 195, do strength training) and 16.5 Contemporary is my size. It fits well overall, although I have had some issues with certain fabrics (for me, the lighter madras from SS23 fit slim). But poplin and OCBDs have been very good.

SM does have the Classic fit now, and it is certainly advertised as a fuller cut overall.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Won't even bother to speculate on weight, but these Drago suits listed in the previews MUST (despite not being listed as such, which is typically the case going off of past seasons) be full canvas, ya?

If not, the pricing structures are entirely beyond my capacity of understanding.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix