• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you open the jetted pockets? They're not closed with thin basting threads, but completely lockstitched shut. I feel the pockets, so they exist.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My camera is not very good, but I have tried. As Rick says the red shines through and the color is warmer than many solaros pictured online. I have never handled solaro earlier and was a bit surprised by the effect.

I dont know if these pictures adds anything to the S&M webshop pictures. These are taken indoors without sun light.

Actually your photos look less red (here on my monitor) than the website photos. And it looks great to me. :thumbs-up:
Still waiting on my DB solaro suit. Looks like ship date has been pushed a week.

araziza

Reaction score
Yes, it is (just went there yesterday). It's appointment only though at the moment.
Rick, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your stuff in person. Can I make a suggestion though? I just had a bit of an unpleasant experience. Can you put some indication of this on your landing page? I checked google, which says the store is open, and decided to stop by. I know I probably should have inquired further, but either way I stopped by the store (mississauga location), and was asked to leave as I didn't have an appointment. I was referred to the website, and I found that:
IF you went to the website, and
IF you saw nothing about being closed or requiring appointments and
IF you STILL decide to check 'Contact Us' anyways and
IF you see 'please visit us in the showroom' and 'Ontario COVID-19 retail store restrictions apply ' but STILL decide to read the COVID-19 Policy and
IF you keep reading after the first line which is outdated to November and talks about 're-opening doors as soon as it's safe'
THEN you'll see the following:
'[We strongly encourage all customers to book an appointment to visit our store ahead of time either through our website https://www.spierandmackay.com/Appointment) or by emailing us at: [email protected]
Please do not enter our store if you are currently showing symptoms of being sick, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who was positive for COVID-19.
At this time, we are limiting our store capacity to only 4 customers at a time, in order to maintain social distancing protocols.'

Which still leaves a decent amount of ambiguity. Would it be too much to add a notice to the landing page just saying 'The store will be closed to the public except by appointment until further notice'? And possibly for the lazy people who just check google, to just change the 'open' status of the store to something else?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spier hopsack and fresco today. I'd prefer to be in all linen, but since I have meetings all day, this'll do:
939F8225-2F04-4418-A6AF-61AB9729129F.jpeg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Rick, @spiermackay
This Blu Seersucker, Is It The Same Cut As The Green Seersucker? Need Feedback ASAP! :bounce2: Or If Anyone Else Can Pitch In! Thanks...

Blu SeerSucker.jpg

Sometimes, You Just Have Too Step-out On (44 Conmp) Faith! ?

Last edited:

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a clickable link for the tracking numbers in the emails notifying shipment? Kind of annoying having to copy and paste the number into a new window.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads