• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream, We Scream For More Cream, Cream In Anything Will Do!

sondrio cream.jpg

Then (36 conmp) There Were 3, Now There's 1

Edit; Fellows, I'm Hungry, For More Cream, You Better Get (1)!

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compare in what way? The amount of the adjustment is listed beside the selection.

There is an issue with the auto-load. Tech team is working on it.

Is your 'very straight -1/2"' the same as their 'neck back -1/2"', is your 'square' the same as their 'square'.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Send the shirt in to copy. Actually, by default, we cut the back pattern smaller, so it's strange that there is extra fabric in the back and tight in the front. Usually it would be the opposite.

Also, you're entitled to first shirt free remake now. So take advantage of that.

Can we get a remake even if our first order was made six months ago? The rest of the order is still in the making, so the order is technically not even fulfilled yet.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream, Does Anyone Have Both Of These, Please Share Both Fit And Thoughts, Thanks...

Quest - 100% Cotton

sondrio cream.jpg

Sondrio 55% Cotton 45% Linen

Cream2.jpg

Sondrio, Is In The Basket, Just Need A Little Help...

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream, Does Anyone Have Both Of These, Please Share Both Fit And Thoughts, Thanks...

Quest - 100% Cotton

View attachment 1598796

Sondrio 55% Cotton 45% Linen

View attachment 1598799
Sondrio, Is In The Basket, Just Need A Little Help...

yep. This is 2019’s cream Sondrio (on the right) compared to this years cream Quest (left):
24F40C2F-409F-4D48-A9EC-F1F788B47988.jpeg

I took them outside and tried to get as accurate of a pic as I could. They’re very close, but the cotton/linen is maybe a touch “warmer” in color (I’d say slightly more yellow, but that would be overstating it). The big difference is the weight- the Quest is lighter weight with a denser weave, where the Sondrio is heavier but more open weave. I have yet to see how the Quest works in real life (hot weather), but the Sondrios work GREAT from experience- I ordered the off white and am considering a backup pair of cream. The Quest is definitely less textured and more “polished”, but that didn’t stop me from wearing the Sondrios with a hopsack blazer and linen shirts. I’d add that the weight and fabric blend of the Sondrios meant they didn’t have an issue with wrinkling like straight linen or thin cotton- that remains to be seen on the Quest. Regarding fit: they’re both 32 Contemporary and fit as expected. The high rise, as ive commented on before, fits more snug in the waist than the same size in standard fit.

edit: I should add, IRL the color is much closer to what is on the website, but it’s hard to capture in a picture. Definitely in the typical “eggshell/cream” realm.

edit 2: from August 2019-
3839DBB4-54FE-4FBD-967E-698E03206D52.jpeg

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep. This is 2019’s cream Sondrio (on the right) compared to this years cream Quest (left):
View attachment 1598811

I took them outside and tried to get as accurate of a pic as I could. They’re very close, but the cotton/linen is maybe a touch “warmer” in color (I’d say slightly more yellow, but that would be overstating it). The big difference is the weight- the Quest is lighter weight with a denser weave, where the Sondrio is heavier but more open weave. I have yet to see how the Quest works in real life (hot weather), but the Sondrios work GREAT from experience- I ordered the off white and am considering a backup pair of cream. The Quest is definitely less textured and more “polished”, but that didn’t stop me from wearing the Sondrios with a hopsack blazer and linen shirts. I’d add that the weight and fabric blend of the Sondrios meant they didn’t have an issue with wrinkling like straight linen or thin cotton- that remains to be seen on the Quest. Regarding fit: they’re both 32 Contemporary and fit as expected. The high rise, as ive commented on before, fits more snug in the waist than the same size in standard fit.

edit: I should add, IRL the color is much closer to what is on the website, but it’s hard to capture in a picture. Definitely in the typical “eggshell/cream” realm.

View attachment 1598817
Clean fit.

JayDee90

Reaction score
It's not that it's that much better. It's more rare but different. It's has a softer hand and a double twill weave. Similar, but distinct. Also, Dugdale is a merchant rather than a Mill, so there is a slight premium from Dugdale because of that nature.
How did you guys settle on Dugdale vs Cav twill from say moon, h&s or HFW?

Devis4u

Reaction score
Just got a few lightweight chinos. Love the olive, slate blue and lightgray. Unfortunately the cream is too see-through for my taste, the pocket lining is pretty visible in regular light in the front and back

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1598811

View attachment 1598817

Thanks, Perfect descripition, and, Your Time, Thank you!

Now This Information Needs To Be Transferred To S$M Website (imho)

Edit; That's A $20.00 (o fury) Credit, I'll Buy The Sondrio...

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1598811

View attachment 1598817
Great Fit, I Played Around And Didn't Get These, S$M Was New To Me Then... :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

Jason12

Reaction score
for the shirts with no selectable sleeve length, would spier be able to do alterations before sending like their trousers? and if so how much

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads