• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bacharini

Reaction score
Question for anyone that's ordered a S&M Sport Coat. Do you usually go with a Short if you wear a suit jacket in short length, or are you better off with a regular? Looking at picking up something but it's only offered in Regular sizing, even though I usually wear a short length, so didn't want to grab it but not be able to return it if it was too long in the sleeve.
Have you checked out the size and fit guide? (https://www.spierandmackay.com/fit-guide/Sportcoats -Size Chart) It shows measurements for all lengths.

Bacharini

Reaction score
Does high rise = pleated? Are there any high rise flat front pants in the new arrivals? Thanks
There are a few flat front high rise trousers. Look at the "finer details" on the bottom. Here is an example, these are the rust guabello:
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.59.49 AM.png
The others say "single reverse pleat" generally instead of "flat front."

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for anyone that's ordered a S&M Sport Coat. Do you usually go with a Short if you wear a suit jacket in short length, or are you better off with a regular? Looking at picking up something but it's only offered in Regular sizing, even though I usually wear a short length, so didn't want to grab it but not be able to return it if it was too long in the sleeve.

The suit jackets and sportcoats fit the same, the only difference is that the Neo runs slightly longer than the regular cut. If you wear a short in suits, you'll wear a short in the sportcoats.

apd90700

Reaction score
The suit jackets and sportcoats fit the same, the only difference is that the Neo runs slightly longer than the regular cut. If you wear a short in suits, you'll wear a short in the sportcoats.
Was referring to an overcoat worn over a suit. Wondering if the sleeve length bothers anyone if they usually wear a short but ordered and have worn a regular size. In the winter when we'd be wearing the coats, a longer sleeve length may be beneficial for warmth.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually that is false. The Guabello Denim Blue SC from FW20 was a 3R2 with regular cut, surprisingly

Huh, interesting....I guess I learned something today lol

Was referring to an overcoat worn over a suit. Wondering if the sleeve length bothers anyone if they usually wear a short but ordered and have worn a regular size. In the winter when we'd be wearing the coats, a longer sleeve length may be beneficial for warmth.

Ah gotcha. Going from a short to a regular for an overcoat might not be bad- sleeves are definitely easily alterable, plus you'd get the advantage of a longer coat length imho.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
There are a few flat front high rise trousers. Look at the "finer details" on the bottom. Here is an example, these are the rust guabello: View attachment 1594665 The others say "single reverse pleat" generally instead of "flat front."

Those aren't high rise, they're just regular dress trousers with side tabs. They've been miscategorized on the site and appear in the high rise section, but if you look at the product code it say "F1H1-ST" which means flat front regular rise with side tabs.

AFAIK there aren't any flat front high rise trousers in OTR right now. You either get flat front regular rise (F1H1-SideTabs or Loops), or pleated high rise with side tabs (F2H1-HighRise).

Bacharini

Reaction score
Thanks @Bidouleroux !
Sorry about that @Irish , that is why I usually refrain from posting on here, there are so many more knowledgeable folks! I guess the fresco trousers I ordered are not high rise ?

ULCajun

Reaction score
Boarded the Safari hype train. Received it and immediately thought... when and where the heck would I wear this thing when it’s >90 out. Likely nowhere so it’s going back. This was the last 40 if anyone is looking for it. What I do like is the length and waist position compared to the F/W field jacket. I really hope they do this cut in a F/W version

Attachments

• 62F4032B-40A0-4CC2-AC9C-E2CAD66590F9.jpeg
    62F4032B-40A0-4CC2-AC9C-E2CAD66590F9.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 115

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay @SpierTeam
Do all of your blazers and suits automatically come with horn buttons? I noticed that some have it specified in the description whereas others do not.

The entry level Filarte suits have Urea. Everything else is Horn in the suits/sportcoats. We are also looking to add MOP and Corozo into the mix soon.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very cool news, will be looking to buy both chinos and trench coat when they drop. I see you mentioned traditional details. Does that mean things like epaulets and/or a gun flap? Will the longer length be a bit longer than the OTR topcoats or maybe closer to the balmacaan? This sounds very interesting.

Yes to all.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
S&M package sent with UPS from Canada on April 13 arrived in Sweden on April 15 :worship: And here I am waiting 3 months for another S&M package I sent with USPS from USA. It's safe to say I won't be using USPS anymore :fu::brick:

USPS is a disaster right now. We're fortunate that we made the switch to UPS just in time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads