• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 127 70.6%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 53 29.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

apd90700

Reaction score
The suit jackets and sportcoats fit the same, the only difference is that the Neo runs slightly longer than the regular cut. If you wear a short in suits, you'll wear a short in the sportcoats.
Was referring to an overcoat worn over a suit. Wondering if the sleeve length bothers anyone if they usually wear a short but ordered and have worn a regular size. In the winter when we'd be wearing the coats, a longer sleeve length may be beneficial for warmth.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually that is false. The Guabello Denim Blue SC from FW20 was a 3R2 with regular cut, surprisingly
Huh, interesting....I guess I learned something today lol

Was referring to an overcoat worn over a suit. Wondering if the sleeve length bothers anyone if they usually wear a short but ordered and have worn a regular size. In the winter when we'd be wearing the coats, a longer sleeve length may be beneficial for warmth.
Ah gotcha. Going from a short to a regular for an overcoat might not be bad- sleeves are definitely easily alterable, plus you'd get the advantage of a longer coat length imho.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
There are a few flat front high rise trousers. Look at the "finer details" on the bottom. Here is an example, these are the rust guabello: View attachment 1594665The others say "single reverse pleat" generally instead of "flat front."
Those aren't high rise, they're just regular dress trousers with side tabs. They've been miscategorized on the site and appear in the high rise section, but if you look at the product code it say "F1H1-ST" which means flat front regular rise with side tabs.

AFAIK there aren't any flat front high rise trousers in OTR right now. You either get flat front regular rise (F1H1-SideTabs or Loops), or pleated high rise with side tabs (F2H1-HighRise).

Bacharini

Reaction score
Thanks @Bidouleroux !
Sorry about that @Irish , that is why I usually refrain from posting on here, there are so many more knowledgeable folks! I guess the fresco trousers I ordered are not high rise 🤔

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ULCajun

Reaction score
Boarded the Safari hype train. Received it and immediately thought... when and where the heck would I wear this thing when it’s >90 out. Likely nowhere so it’s going back. This was the last 40 if anyone is looking for it. What I do like is the length and waist position compared to the F/W field jacket. I really hope they do this cut in a F/W version

Attachments

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay @SpierTeam
Do all of your blazers and suits automatically come with horn buttons? I noticed that some have it specified in the description whereas others do not.
The entry level Filarte suits have Urea. Everything else is Horn in the suits/sportcoats. We are also looking to add MOP and Corozo into the mix soon.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In for the A1. But I would prefer a zipper instead of the buttons for this type of jacket.
Ideally, it would be zipper and buttons. Visible zipper on this looks odd to me.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very cool news, will be looking to buy both chinos and trench coat when they drop. I see you mentioned traditional details. Does that mean things like epaulets and/or a gun flap? Will the longer length be a bit longer than the OTR topcoats or maybe closer to the balmacaan? This sounds very interesting.
Yes to all.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
S&M package sent with UPS from Canada on April 13 arrived in Sweden on April 15 :worship: And here I am waiting 3 months for another S&M package I sent with USPS from USA. It's safe to say I won't be using USPS anymore :fu::brick:
USPS is a disaster right now. We're fortunate that we made the switch to UPS just in time.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are you recommending Size Up also for the linen shorts? How about the other non-hi rise linen trousers
Those seem to be good.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Please add a "save for later" feature within the shopping cart, it'll allow people to pick out stuff they want to buy if they're going piecemeal. Also, on your Custom Shirt wizard, under the Measure a Shirt option, the last two videos for Bicep and Armhole measurements are missing from both the page and Youtube itself -- had to youtube a separate tutorial.
We have a wishlist, which works similarly.

Will relay the note on the vids

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay is the "Sand Herringbone" a neapolitan jacket? It says so in the copy on the product page, and the photo appears to be, but it's omitted from the "Neapolitan Cut Sportcoats" filter. Thanks!
Good question. I'm pretty sure it's a Neapolitan. Will get that updated.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've ordered it under the impression it is- there's definitely three buttons, and S&M doesn't do 3 button jackets outside of Neo.
We did one. The Denim Guabello in fall. That was a 3r2, but regular sportcoat, tbh, is almost the same for all intents and purposes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.