• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Is there that much difference between C3 and C22? If so, is it just more emphasized roll on C22?

If you click "view" on each collar in the custom shirt configurator, you can see the exact differences between them. There's more pronounced roll on the C22, but it also has a slightly higher front band. They don't look or feel all that different on me personally, but I have seen pics and accounts from other guys where the C22 looks too large. I don't think anyone would ever think that the C3-K is too small or anything (it's much larger than the vast majority of BD collars on mainstream brands), so why not play it safe at first?

sid11111

Reaction score
I'm a mark for popovers and I think it's great that SM keeps churning them out. If you don't like them that's fine but honestly I find that wearing your underwear too tight and advertising the fact loudly on a forum is worse than wearing loose shirts.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay I know you're doing a group order for Dugdale cavalry twill trousers, does that mean you are able to source other Dugdale fabrics for single MTO orders?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on a trucker and A1. But really hard to work with a factory for a first order without meeting and can't physically visit at the moment. We do have a great, great man on the ground there though thats acting as our eyes/ears that we fully trust, but as everything has to filter though him, makes things much slower.

Here are a couple of samples. Colours and final details not final. The goat suede is excellent. Very soft and supple.

View attachment 1594193 View attachment 1594194

In for the A1. But I would prefer a zipper instead of the buttons for this type of jacket.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A suede field jacket would be my #1 outerwear request from you guys, so I hope it happens at some point. How long would you expect development to take for something like that during normal times?

Sounds like an excellent color selection. All three of those would be tempting.

A button down is definitely the way to go for that type of look. The classic button down (C3-K) and the italian button down (C22) are both excellent collars, but you should probably go with the classic button down for your first attempt. It's a great collar with beatiful roll without becoming too large. The italian button down can look a bit too large and disproportionate on some guys, and is safer to try out if you want more of a statement collar on subsequent shirts. Those two collars are probably my two favorite collars in my entire shirt wardrobe (the italian spread is equally great when a tie is needed).

This Is Spot On, What He Said! And, you'll need a long neck/torso, for that Large Italian Button Down! :bigstar:

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on a trucker and A1. But really hard to work with a factory for a first order without meeting and can't physically visit at the moment. We do have a great, great man on the ground there though thats acting as our eyes/ears that we fully trust, but as everything has to filter though him, makes things much slower.

Here are a couple of samples. Colours and final details not final. The goat suede is excellent. Very soft and supple.

View attachment 1594193 View attachment 1594194
Trucker jacket looks good

carterjones

Reaction score
Working on adding MTO chinos. Hope to have that ready to go by the end of Summer. Factory and fabric source for the chinos is different, so setting up the program is extra work.

Quest cottons should be available now in MTO.

Trench coat, we finally hope to have early Fall. We had to switch factories and start sampling from scratch, add in Covid and it's easy to see where the delay is. But the samples have come out great. Nice and full cut, long length, removable liner and all traditional details, including flap pockets. Fabric is 100% water resistant cotton from Larusmiani. Fingers crossed.
Very cool news, will be looking to buy both chinos and trench coat when they drop. I see you mentioned traditional details. Does that mean things like epaulets and/or a gun flap? Will the longer length be a bit longer than the OTR topcoats or maybe closer to the balmacaan? This sounds very interesting.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Field jacket would be cool. Thought about that already, but the bloody development time is a nightmare right now. The A1 and Trucker were started a while back and still not where I want them.

I'm thinking a snuff, chocolate and some sort of mossy green.
I'd buy a moss green and maybe a snuff

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Sorry. Literally only caught it yesterday when Mike was trying them. Then had an hour long yelling match with the factory about wash tolerances, even when they know these things and made the regular linen. But they thought no biggie, as they technically are in the tolerance band, but literally at the lower end of it. Can't travel too, as this is something that would have been caught in person. FFS the overshirts use the same cloth and are washed AND adjusted for washing. But yeah. Size up and you'll be fine.
Are you recommending Size Up also for the linen shorts? How about the other non-hi rise linen trousers

Dizzy8108

Reaction score
Ok guys I need help making a decision. I am in the market for a Navy Hopsack to fill a hole in my wardrobe. I don't have any solid navy blazers. I'm debating between the Guabello navy and the Lanificio Cerruti navy. I really like the Lanificio but am concerned that it is to light to truly fill the navy blazer roll in my wardrobe. Thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads