• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

omgitswes

Reaction score
Wearing the latest edition of the long sleeved polo today. Think it’s the best one yet, button down collar will be a must for me going forward and the additional fourth button is much appreciated. Able to keep the placket (I think that’s what it’s called) slightly open without showing too much chest. Ended up sizing up this time around too since a lot of the ones I have from the past have shrunk considerably. Fits pretty great after an initial wash and air dry

Reaction score
@afterthesuit

I believe @afterthesuit has one, think he has posted some on here and on his instagram

I have one - will try to get some pics. I'm 5'10 and usually wear a 42R/S and got an XL in Navy. Pros: Style is great, it is warm, and the pockets are nice and large. Cons: It is a little long (about 2 in) for me, and the fabric picks up and attracts lint like crazy.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh damn, I have the same issue. OTR sizes of shirts are way too big for me.
I'm 14×32, but even extra slim 14.5 is waaaay too roomy in the torso
Oh no, not for me. The Extra Slim was far too tight in shoulders for me, and slim fits me well, but could use another 0.25” in the shoulder. Fits me great in the chest and waist, just my linen shirt is as if it was a 15x34 slim or something and mid tagged it is that baggy. Still wear it, but was kind of disappointed, and haven’t been able to shrink it. Will probably see about slimming at the tailor

SteveMc

Reaction score
My latest sweater-shirt-pants from S&M: pink stripe OCBD, gray cardigan, and khaki stretch dress chinos.
A couple of notes, 15 slim is a much better fit all around than 15.5 extra slim fit; must get new shoes.
Yep. I'm an S&M fanboy :cool2:
(for reference, I'm 6' 155lbs, pants - 30 contemp. with 4.5 cm cuff; cardigan - S, shirt - 15 slim).

IMG_10041.jpg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest sweater-shirt-pants from S&M: pink stripe OCBD, gray cardigan, and khaki stretch dress chinos.
A couple of notes, 15 slim is a much better fit all around than 15.5 extra slim fit; must get new shoes.
Yep. I'm an S&M fanboy :cool2:
(for reference, I'm 6' 155lbs, pants - 30 contemp. with 4.5 cm cuff; cardigan - S, shirt - 15 slim).

View attachment 1512370
Good fit, looks great. Definitely get your height from your legs. Now all you need is some S&M shoes if you wanna go all out

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics of the new balmacaan. The belt is the perfect touch. Thoughts:

- fabric: It's Zanieri, not much to say here. Good stuff.
- size: Wearing it over the chunky cardigan. Loose all around with the exception of upper back around the shoulders. Though I workout and have a wide back and large shoulders so for the average man, taking the same size as your suit would be perfect.
- belt: Really, it was the only thing missing
- pockets: Literally only had this on a minute. So about the outer pockets. I find they are too high. Too high because the belt covers the top quarter of the pocket making it a pain to slide hands in and out. For future balmacaans, slightly lower pockets, please.
- length: A couple inches below the knee. Great length.
- buttons: For the one person who cares, real horn.
- collar: Love it. Nice and large.
- the wait: Worth it.

Attachments

• PXL_20201208_165341333.jpg
    PXL_20201208_165341333.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 210
  • PXL_20201208_165216816.jpg
    PXL_20201208_165216816.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 221
  • PXL_20201208_165248334.jpg
    PXL_20201208_165248334.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 211

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics of the new balmacaan. The belt is the perfect touch. Thoughts:

- fabric: It's Zanieri, not much to say here. Good stuff.
- size: Wearing it over the chunky cardigan. Loose all around with the exception of upper back around the shoulders. Though I workout and have a wide back and large shoulders so for the average man, taking the same size as your suit would be perfect.
- belt: Really, it was the only thing missing
- pockets: Literally only had this on a minute. So about the outer pockets. I find they are too high. Too high because the belt covers the top quarter of the pocket making it a pain to slide hands in and out. For future balmacaans, slightly lower pockets, please.
- length: A couple inches below the knee. Great length.
- buttons: For the one person who cares, real horn.
- collar: Love it. Nice and large.
- the wait: Worth it.
Looks thick, rough, and hairy.

The coat is ok too.

Definitely curious to see the range of motion for the upper back when you have a chance, especially while driving. I actually dig the slimmer look, despite you mentioning it being loose. If possible, definitely grab side and back views of the coat while belted.

Thoughts on sizing up? This seems like a coat where the actual size you buy may not matter too much.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks thick, rough, and hairy.

The coat is ok too.

Definitely curious to see the range of motion for the upper back when you have a chance, especially while driving. I actually dig the slimmer look, despite you mentioning it being loose. If possible, definitely grab side and back views of the coat while belted.

Thoughts on sizing up? This seems like a coat where the actual size you buy may not matter too much.

Why thank you ;) Movember ended and this is the first time that I'm cool with a moustache. I must be getting old...

I got this solely to wear over a sportcoat/suit in the winter - raglan shoulders and all. If I wasn't wearing the chunky cardigan underneath, I'm sure I'd look like a 10-year-old wearing his dad's coat. In fact, I did try it without the cardigan and that's how it felt. I wouldn't wear a suit and balmacaan on at the same time to drive a car. I would definitely remove one of those layers.

I won't size up. I think it will be too big if I go up (ordered the 42). Again, I'm top-heavy. Deadlifts, rows and lateral raises are my bread and butter. For the average person, ordering their suit/sportcoat size will be plenty roomy.

I'll get my partner to take some pictures later. We received a bunch of packages for business this morning so there's a lot to sort through, repack and ship off.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why thank you ;) Movember ended and this is the first time that I'm cool with a moustache. I must be getting old...

I got this solely to wear over a sportcoat/suit in the winter - raglan shoulders and all. If I wasn't wearing the chunky cardigan underneath, I'm sure I'd look like a 10-year-old wearing his dad's coat. In fact, I did try it without the cardigan and that's how it felt. I wouldn't wear a suit and balmacaan on at the same time to drive a car. I would definitely remove one of those layers.

I won't size up. I think it will be too big if I go up (ordered the 42). Again, I'm top-heavy. Deadlifts, rows and lateral raises are my bread and butter. For the average person, ordering their suit/sportcoat size will be plenty roomy.

I'll get my partner to take some pictures later. We received a bunch of packages for business this morning so there's a lot to sort through, repack and ship off.
Looks good, very Magnum PI.

I bought a very full cut Bal and feeling like I was swimming in the coat was my first reaction as well. It looked cool though due to the silhouette, and somehow works with this style of coat.

Now that I have a full cut Bal, I kind of want a version like this. Once S&M opens their MTO coat program, I may go wild with it.

Sounds good on the pictures later.
I actually ordered a size up. We'll see how it fits =X
Yeah I wanna see this too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads