• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Another perk of buying when it's new/just dropped is you actually get to wear it for the full season. I've definitely purchased things new from S&M that later go on sale in my size but whatever frustration over that $100 or so is outweighed by the joy in already having and getting to wear the item.

Whelp I better buy that fox bro jacket already.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another perk of buying when it's new/just dropped is you actually get to wear it for the full season. I've definitely purchased things new from S&M that later go on sale in my size but whatever frustration over that $100 or so is outweighed by the joy in already having and getting to wear the item.
Yes I agree, stuff I know I will actually wear on a daily basis in season I buy full price typically. Stuff that won’t get so much wear, like sport coats, odd trousers, over coat etc. I usually wait until they go on sale or a sale on sale in the off season.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. If its Must Have, you buy when it drops and pay full msrp, which is always reasonable. Waiting for sales is a gamble, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

The other thing is, this year in particular, you just can't be carrying too much unsold inventory. Rick and the crew, like most small businesses, are in survival mode right now. For that reason, for guys who can do so, add a full price item or two to your sale carts this season. Help move the full margin inventory as well as the sale stuff.

Impatiently waiting on that belted balmacaan drop. I'm gonna pay full price just plzzzzzz drop it already ?

dangaa

Reaction score
Sometimes I really don't know where all the complaints on shipping and processing times come from. I just got shipping confirmation for my order placed last evening. Excited!

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t justify full price (since I already have multiple from other makers), so I was waiting for the sale, and sure enough, they were included. Navy and burgundy velvet dinner jackets both incoming.

the way I look at it, pre-COVID, I had several opportunities around Christmas each year to attend black tie or black tie optional parties. I LOVE wearing velvet jackets to those (with everything else black tie appropriate), so when things eventually get back to normal, I’ll be able to get plenty of use out of this stuff.
If memory serves, you have some J. C—w dinner jackets. Coming of age means replacing those with some Spier. ?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If memory serves, you have some J. C—w dinner jackets. Coming of age means replacing those with some Spier. ?

Good memory lol- a burgundy and a navy Ludlow, and the third one is from Bonobos (fits alright and made in Canada, but shorter than I would like). I still like them, but the Spier ones will be much better made and better fitting.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have two sportscoat for f/w. The brown glen plaid fox flannel and a oatmeal donegal from harris tweed. Any recommendation for a third sportscoat (Even though I don't wear one often haha)?
I'm liking the abraham moon - Brown & Red Shetland Gun Check Tweed or the houndstooth (RTW). But maybe I should get a plain textured sportscoat that would be more versatile instead?

View attachment 1504614
View attachment 1504615
NYC Chinatown?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I really don't know where all the complaints on shipping and processing times come from. I just got shipping confirmation for my order placed last evening. Excited!
I placed an order for the long sleeve knit polos on Thursday of last week. They are arriving today. 6 day turnaround from TO to NYC.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow! I can't even get a return label forwarded to me, It's a freakin email...

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m loving my charcoal chunky cardi: heavy and soft like your pillow at 6am. But is mine the only one that keeps coming undone because the buttonholes gape?
1606331820490.jpeg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, forgot to mention I received my Navy a chunky Cardigan in the mail yesterday. All I can say is I regret not getting it when it first came out, and definitely feels like a hug as others described. Was hesitant at the start due to price, but now I know it is well worth the $248 CDN. Will try to get some pics up tomorrow

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disregard the rest of the clothes, just trying this on out of the box.
Blue check Drago wool/linen.
Looks fantastic, better than my crap photo...
View attachment 1504728
I agree, got this in the spring during a 20% off sale. It looks great, and the texture of Drago Linen/Wool Sportcoats is something I have come to admire

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads