• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t justify full price (since I already have multiple from other makers), so I was waiting for the sale, and sure enough, they were included. Navy and burgundy velvet dinner jackets both incoming.

the way I look at it, pre-COVID, I had several opportunities around Christmas each year to attend black tie or black tie optional parties. I LOVE wearing velvet jackets to those (with everything else black tie appropriate), so when things eventually get back to normal, I’ll be able to get plenty of use out of this stuff.
If memory serves, you have some J. C—w dinner jackets. Coming of age means replacing those with some Spier. 😎

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If memory serves, you have some J. C—w dinner jackets. Coming of age means replacing those with some Spier. 😎
Good memory lol- a burgundy and a navy Ludlow, and the third one is from Bonobos (fits alright and made in Canada, but shorter than I would like). I still like them, but the Spier ones will be much better made and better fitting.

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
I only have two sportscoat for f/w. The brown glen plaid fox flannel and a oatmeal donegal from harris tweed. Any recommendation for a third sportscoat (Even though I don't wear one often haha)?
I'm liking the abraham moon - Brown & Red Shetland Gun Check Tweed or the houndstooth (RTW). But maybe I should get a plain textured sportscoat that would be more versatile instead?

View attachment 1504614
View attachment 1504615
NYC Chinatown?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I really don't know where all the complaints on shipping and processing times come from. I just got shipping confirmation for my order placed last evening. Excited!
I placed an order for the long sleeve knit polos on Thursday of last week. They are arriving today. 6 day turnaround from TO to NYC.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I really don't know where all the complaints on shipping and processing times come from. I just got shipping confirmation for my order placed last evening. Excited!
Wow! I can't even get a return label forwarded to me, It's a freakin email...

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m loving my charcoal chunky cardi: heavy and soft like your pillow at 6am. But is mine the only one that keeps coming undone because the buttonholes gape?
1606331820490.jpeg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, forgot to mention I received my Navy a chunky Cardigan in the mail yesterday. All I can say is I regret not getting it when it first came out, and definitely feels like a hug as others described. Was hesitant at the start due to price, but now I know it is well worth the $248 CDN. Will try to get some pics up tomorrow

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disregard the rest of the clothes, just trying this on out of the box.
Blue check Drago wool/linen.
Looks fantastic, better than my crap photo...
View attachment 1504728
I agree, got this in the spring during a 20% off sale. It looks great, and the texture of Drago Linen/Wool Sportcoats is something I have come to admire

wilcthree

Reaction score
Looking sharp man. Thoughts on letting out the waist of the jacket? Looks to be pulling a bit.
Good catch. I can see that. I'm still getting used to the quirks of this suit. It's a 38L contemporary and I didn't have any alterations done to the suitcoat. Some of the pics seem to indicate a strain at the buttoning point. The suitcoat fits comfortably and drapes nicely, so I wonder if the cause is owing to the shirt I wore, which was of a thicker cloth. I also wonder if the slight pulling has to do with it being my first wear; if so I hope the full canvas will enable it to drape better over time. All this to say, I did experience the suit as being cut a bit differently, especially in the trousers (32 contemporary), which were like irregular cut stone coverts from FW '19.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
typically with velvet I prefer shawl collars, but I had a burgundy velvet peak lapel (self-faced) several years back that I loved (and fit horribly, looking back at pics). They killed it with these two jackets, the navy specifically looks exactly like the Tom Ford version

admittedly, like I mentioned, I actually already have 3 other velvet jackets (navy, burgundy, and kind of a slightly darker blue sapphire color). I’m justifying this purchase by saying these two are higher quality than the others, and the others don’t have satin lapels, so TECHNICALLY it’s different (lol).
We're onboard. The only person that you need to convince is yourself and it looks like the job is done. 😉

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m loving my charcoal chunky cardi: heavy and soft like your pillow at 6am. But is mine the only one that keeps coming undone because the buttonholes gape?
View attachment 1504708
I'm not having that issue. I'm wearing it daily. Though I do see that the buttonholes will get wider overtime as the buttons are so dang big.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.