• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, like $365 CAD for MTO on this one right now. Looks like I have my first black friday temptation.

View attachment 1504324

Was this the one from FW17 that you sold that was run again in FW18 with an updated cut? I have the Lovat moleskin trousers and would love to make it as a suit but the colour looks quite different here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just a quick hint for those, who struggle to get the right sizing for Polo coat. I was also hesitating whether to pick up just one piece or to take two sizes and compare. Luckily I did take 2 different sizes. For reference my body measurements (in cm): height 178, shoulders 47+, chest 105, waist around 93 and weight around 80 kg. Worth mentioning, I rather prefer loose style, hence in S&M, I do wear L in sweaters/cardigans (no chance so far to touch new chunky one), shirts in 16 contp. and most importantly SC and suits preferably in 42 (fit is not always great, but what can I do expect finding a good tailor:)).
NOW, speaking of PoloCoat, I took 42 and 44. I was expecting, the 42 would meet my criteria in terms of fitting over a SC or a chunky sweater. Well (again speaking from my personal perspective), I do prefer the fit of 44. 42 is snugger, still one would say acceptable, but surprisingly 44 does not represent anyhow a huge difference, at least in my eyes. For better imagination, I did few fast pics, to help You fellas to decide eventually (I unfortunately will need to ship the smaller coat back to Canada from Europe, which is a pain because of the higher costs, but was worth now).

44 over SC (with thin cardigan)
View attachment 1504406 View attachment 1504407 View attachment 1504408

42 over SC
View attachment 1504412 View attachment 1504413 View attachment 1504414

44 over chunky sweater (i did not try 42 over it, as I was quite sure how it would feel)

View attachment 1504415 View attachment 1504416 View attachment 1504417

Back looks too tight even on the 44 as seen from the pleat.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He does have a hunched back it seems, causing the pleat across the back to open up. Also, several people have had issues with flaring pleats on the overcoats, suggesting there's a general fit issue with the blueprint of the cut.

Personally, I think they both look to big at the front. He looks bloated/swollen. I don't know what his body actually looks like, but the overcoat seems to put several kgs on him around the waist and chest. The overcoat looks convex rather than concave or even straight. Just imo though.

Ladislav

Reaction score
Could be, that the visual is inclining to look like a bit tensed but the feeling is alright. I can recall, it was said here also before referring to someone's else fit experience. What I can say is, that overall I'm satisfied. I will let shorten the sleeves a bit. If I would have taken the 46, that would be quite exaggeratedly roomier, plus totally off the sizing description. In theory 42 should be the one I shall pick. Nevertheless, for the sake of lucky pick, I shared my experience. I still do think, S&M did some very good job, making this coat.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He does have a hunched back it seems, causing the pleat across the back to open up. Also, several people have had issues with flaring pleats on the overcoats, suggesting there's a general fit issue with the blueprint of the cut.

Personally, I think they both look to big at the front. He looks bloated/swollen. I don't know what his body actually looks like, but the overcoat seems to put several kgs on him around the waist and chest. The overcoat looks convex rather than concave or even straight. Simply unflattering, tbh. Just imo though.

Yea looks ok from the back but sausage front. Could be camera angle facing upwards though.

Ladislav

Reaction score

Personally, I think they both look to big at the front. He looks bloated/swollen. I don't know what his body actually looks like, but the overcoat seems to put several kgs on him around the waist and chest. The overcoat looks convex rather than concave or even straight. Just imo though.

Yeap, could be also the angle, but frankly speaking, I would not feel comfy wearing 42, as it was at certain moments too snug over the chest.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeap, could be also the angle, but frankly speaking, I would not feel comfy wearing 42, as it was at certain moments too snug over the chest.
I'm sure it would be better with a pic taken at the same height as your chest. This was completely based on the pictures provided. But hey, all that matters is that you're comfortable with your purchase. Wear in good health, sir!

Joefitz

Reaction score
Poor business model with the shoes. When many sizes sell out the first day of Black Friday, they have lost customers for life. Everyone else had Black Friday sales, and they have enough stock to last a day. Or they will take your order and deliver when in stock.
This is not a special sale like the 199 suit sale

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor business model with the shoes. When many sizes sell out the first day of Black Friday, they have lost customers for life. Everyone else had Black Friday sales, and they have enough stock to last a day. Or they will take your order and deliver when in stock.

This isn't a typical model year either this 2020...

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you understand how a small business like this operates. They cannot carry massive inventory and so they don't have permanent stocks; things come and go, some will return, others won't.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You snooze you lose. Should have ponied up the big bucks and paid full price if you wanted them so bad.

Enox

Reaction score
Anyone know any more details about the ties? 7-fold construction, etc?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was this the one from FW17 that you sold that was run again in FW18 with an updated cut? I have the Lovat moleskin trousers and would love to make it as a suit but the colour looks quite different here.

No, that one was the "new lovat"

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 8.20.29 AM.png

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well placed my order. After just spending $300 on another site for Black Friday ?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think they’re fine missing a customer who thinks it is such a big deal that a company runs out of sizes during a sale...I’d also doubt if it’s a poor business model as I’m sure they’d prefer to sell at full price and in a year like this simply sell enough.

the entitlement here around sales sometimes...if you really want something don’t wait for sales and support businesses with fair prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads