• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing! These look terrific. Any chance you could share the weight for Nos. 89, 213, and 215?

89 - 370gsm 100% undyed British wool
213 & 215 - 320gsm 50% shetland 50% lambswool

Last edited:

mbb355

Reaction score
Anyone know what colors will be coming in the double breasted overcoats?
Don't know, I think Rick said "our standard ones" which I think means navy + camel. I bought the navy one last year and it's terrific. The fabric is a terrific wool/cashmere blend that feels so luxurious, and my true size fits great over a jacket. Like I said, I also tried the peacoat, but much preferred the luxurious fabric of the overcoat.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2sVSjvT.gif

Cmezavz

Reaction score
Sorry about the camera. Any recommendations on how to style this SC?

Not sure how to mix patterns, fabrics and colors. I just went to the basic in this pic.

Attachments

• 3EADE10C-ACFE-42A8-8FBF-36EB3785C450.jpeg
    3EADE10C-ACFE-42A8-8FBF-36EB3785C450.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 82

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the camera. Any recommendations on how to style this SC?

Not sure how to mix patterns, fabrics and colors. I just went to the basic in this pic.

It's a versatile jacket, though loud, so you can't really play around with patterns. For trousers you've got: light grey; charcoal; browns. For shirts, whites, blues, pinks if you dare.

Cmezavz

Reaction score
It's a versatile jacket, though loud, so you can't really play around with patterns. For trousers you've got: light grey; charcoal; browns. For shirts, whites, blues, pinks if you dare.
What about trouser fabrics? I.e. flannel will complement? Anything that I could think of (except summer fabrics of course) will go? I haven’t decided yet whether I’ll keep it.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about trouser fabrics? I.e. flannel will complement? Anything that I could think of (except summer fabrics of course) will go? I haven’t decided yet whether I’ll keep it.

I am not SF-approved sartorial, but I see no issue with wearing flannel trousers with that jacket.

mbb355

Reaction score
I am not SF-approved sartorial, but I see no issue with wearing flannel trousers with that jacket.
[/QUOTE]
Jacket seems made for grey flannels of all shades (assuming this is the new M&E?)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads