• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More overcoats have dropped. this category has quickly become a major strength for the SM line, each year.

That Zanieri sb 3r2 Gray Herringbone is choice, and at 398 usd is a bargain! I am going to get a polo coat this winter. Can the budget handle a second overcoat?
I've been wanting a Camel overcoat for a while now, but have to hold back for now... Spent too much this year and have to purchase a pair of navy chino's whenever they show up lol

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we have confirmation that the suede safari jacket is happening? If so, when?

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score
Do these three jackets all use the same Abraham and Moon fabric offered by S&M?

Just want to make sure before I order one from S&M. It's a grail jacket beside a perfect navy blazer(which i think my guabello hopsack is). The first picture is a jacket worn by edwin from S&M and the other pictures are from Ring Jacket

Yes

Victarion

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the Gray Herringbone Overcoat. I got an email from paypal saying the payment has been made but i dont see it under "Order History" on the site. Is anyone familiar with this, should i contact them to double check?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the Gray Herringbone Overcoat. I got an email from paypal saying the payment has been made but i dont see it under "Order History" on the site. Is anyone familiar with this, should i contact them to double check?
This happened to me months back, usually it isn't an issue and you'll get an email confirmation within the next 12 hours. However, can always email CS as that's what they are there for lol

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do the washed cotton jackets have matching pants to make into suits?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More overcoats have dropped. this category has quickly become a major strength for the SM line, each year.

That Zanieri sb 3r2 Gray Herringbone is choice, and at 398 usd is a bargain! I am going to get a polo coat this winter. Can the budget handle a second overcoat?

Only If you wear them one at a time! :lol:

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm patiently waiting for the balmacaans to drop while lowkey hoping none of the available polo coats will go out of my size.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Anyone know the current wait times for suit and shirt MTO orders?

Imperatores

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the MTM 'Premium Oxford' fabrics compare to both the standard and the light weight RTW oxford fabrics? I find the standard oxford to be a bit too thick and stiff for comfort and layering. The light weight oxfords are great and incredibly comfortable, but the collars doesn't look as nice and roll as well as the more substantial standard oxfords.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The burgundy in action, I love the color. This version of the low gorge is higher than my one from last fall, I think it works better but still gives a nice alternative to the neo or standard cut. Botto flannel trousers from last fall.

Card 209 - NETHERTON H/16934/R16 (burgundy wool)
40R Contemporary
Neapolitan cut
Low gorge (12.5cm)
1/4” pick stitching
Extra shoulder shirring
Patch flap pockets (specify if you want buttons or not, was not intended to be button flaps on mine)
Patch chest pocket
Full canvas
Quarter lined
Navy lining
Milanese buttonhole
Light natural horn buttons
2 button functional cuffs

View attachment 1461156 View attachment 1461157
Excellent. Spier Mackay should have this fabric in their standard range. Pretty sure it'd sell out quickly. Such a unique yet versatile colour.

What's the price for MTO? Might go that route and just ask them to make it in a standard Neo 40R cut/specs.

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
Hello friends and friendettes. 5'8 143 lbs, very small waist (28 inches natural waist), proportional shoulders and chest (36.2 or something like that on chest measurement, but shoulders slightly narrower than usual). Prefer a slightly drapier fit with a slightly extended shoulder (shout out dieworkwear's article on extended shoulders)

I just ordered a 36 Contemporary. SuitSupply 34 Lazio is an arguably correct fit in the shoulders (but a bit too narrow for my preferences) but too tight in the chest for me, SuitSupply 34 Napoli fits me well and I adore that it has a more extended shoulders but is also too big in the waist, SuitSupply 36 Lazio fits me well in the shoulders too but probably needs a bit taken in in the chest/back and a lot taken in in the waist.

I also like a longer/classic length coat. I thought SuitSupplys' 34 Lazio and 34 Napoli were still a bit shor tand that 36 Lazio's length was perfect.

I had consulted the size chart for both SS and S&M and had determined that a 36 Slim would probably fit me best (except 36 Slim would be 0.5 cm shorter than the 36 Lazio whose length I loved) but ... unfortunately the 36 slim was out of stock for the suit fabric I wanted.

As it's going to be many weeks before the suit arrives someone pls validate that I made the right choice while I sit here fretting

thanks

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello friends and friendettes. 5'8 143 lbs, very small waist (28 inches natural waist), proportional shoulders and chest. Prefer a slightly drapier fit with a slightly extended shoulder (shout out dieworkwear's article on extended shoulders)

I just ordered a 36 Contemporary. SuitSupply 34 Lazio is an arguably correct fit in the shoulders (but a bit too narrow for my preferences) but too tight in the chest for me, SuitSupply 34 Napoli fits me well and I adore that it has a more extended shoulders but is also too big in the waist, SuitSupply 36 Lazio fits me well in the shoulders too but probably needs a bit taken in in the chest/back and a lot taken in in the waist.

I also like a longer/classic length coat. I thought SuitSupplys' 34 Lazio and 34 Napoli were still a bit shor tand that 36 Lazio's length was perfect.

I had consulted the size chart for both SS and S&M and had determined that a 36 Slim would probably fit me best (except 36 Slim would be 0.5 cm shorter than the 36 Lazio whose length I loved) but ... unfortunately the 36 slim was out of stock for the suit fabric I wanted.

As it's going to be many weeks before the suit arrives someone pls validate that I made the right choice while I sit here fretting

thanks
I am 5'9 135lbs, 29" natural waist and 35.5" chest. 36R Slim fits me great OTR and only had to get sleeves shortened by 0.5". Contemporary would've fit me big everywhere I am afraid

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads