• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you share an image of what you're thinking. Not sure what you mean by single breast or Double breast in the Neapolitan style. Do you just mean a soft shoulder?
Probably he meant something that's usually worn by Luca Rubinacci himself.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SpierTeam @spiermackay
Probably he meant something that's usually worn by Luca Rubinacci himself.

Exactly what I was thinking. With the peak lapels, I’m wondering if you did it in Neo, would the treatment of the lapel shape change? Rubinacci and Attolini are good examples. I’ll post some pictures, but my internet is kind of jacked at the moment.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S&M suit, shirt and tie.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Birdseye Jacket and Cotton/Linen Bengal Stripe

Very nice. I was on the fence about grabbing the blue birdseye suit. Not something I regret... yet.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped off the green seersucker at the tailor. Grateful for the extra room in the trousers. As for the jacket, the specs on this came out very differently from the standard Neo jackets. Need to let out 1" in the centre-back seam and the waist.

As for the sleeves, they were cut much smaller so that's an issue that can't be fixed. Having large biceps with this suit is an impossibility - so no more curls at the gym for me. I'm going to live with it though because it's just so nice.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay What jacket is this from an old IG post? Wondering if you're planning on bringing it back, or if the fabric is available for MTO.

That's Abraham Moon Wool/Cashmere POW check. We dont plan on it for this season. It will be available in MTO in August.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can vouch for this fabric, it's soft and perfect in the unstructured version like a sweater. I get a lot of mileage out of it in bizcaz with chinos. Hope unstructured makes it to MTO soon.

View attachment 1425238

This was not unstructured. It is half canvas. It is considered soft structured though. The same as all our sportcoats.

Yinzer

Reaction score
D'oh. I have a green Ethomas slub that I'm pretty sure is unstructured and it's so similar I thought it was. Spier magic at work. :wink:

That said, can we expect unstructured to make it to MTO? I need a larger size in the Ethomas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads