• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mux8

Reaction score
Just curious if any of you waiting on returns used PayPal. If so its them who holds things up for weeks. Their policy is it can take up to a month to see a PayPal return credit back to your CC. Last credit took over 3 weeks from PayPal.
Not paypal, just CC . I think I should see the refund soon.

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score
For those who missed it on Instagram

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like the lottery. Lots of complaints on here about slow returns. Not a good business model.
Yet still a cult following her! All these complaints but everyone still is asking for a billion items!!
As long as you are getting your funds back! A bit of extra time is a small price to pay just like the fraction of what Spier charges for all the good menswear they offer!!

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I encountered something interesting recently. I contacted S&M initially regarding MTO/MTM trousers made out of the navy flannel (https://www.spierandmackay.com/vbc-navy-flannel-neapolitan-cut.html). They told me that there wasn't any fabric available. So I contacted a local tailor who stocks a large quantity of VBC fabrics and has access to their books in order to get a pair of trousers made.

I asked him about this particular fabric and provided the product code provided by S&M. But I was told by him that the referenced product code provided by S&M is wrong and that that's not how VBC usually label their fabrics. The tailor asked for a picture from the inside of the SC pocket, which i provided (which has the same product code as the one provided at the website and which was given to me over email from S&M). So I visited the VBC website and tried to look for the fabric but couldn't find it.

I contacted another affiliate vendor at SF as well and inquired about the fabric and was told that they couldn't identify the fabric based on the product code provided by S&M.

Should I just give up? I'd really love to have a pair of trousers made to match my SC.
Not really! If you can source your own fabric Spier offers CMT service. Do it!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the US, it is an international return. To keep the costs down we use the same 3rd party as we do shipping orders out to the US. For most of the returns, packages are shipped to a warehouse in Buffalo, NY. They are then loaded on a skid and consolidated with many other packages from other companies. They only truck them back to Canada once a week. The process for them to truck back, clear customs, re-sort and deliver back to us can take a week. Then factor in the time it takes us to sort the packages, inspect the return, process the refund can take several more days. So in general the minimum time would be 2 weeks, and during busy periods can be a little longer.

At the moment this is the most cost effective way to handle returns from the US. To keep prices competitive, this is the best option. We're looking at alternatives right now, but with other carriers like UPS it's significantly more expensive. The trade off is price v speed. If you want a faster return process, sure we can go another route, but be prepared to pay more for it. There is no such thing as free returns. Someone is paying for it.
The two are not mutually exclusive
Based on the above post, that's how I was reading it.

However, maybe you are in Canada already and are still experiencing issues.

jamie411

Reaction score
1) More flannel suits - missed the grey and navy flannel, bring a charcoal flannel too
2) More soft sportcoats, like the Drago emerald herringbone (I don't have it, but I have some from other brands - LBM, Brando, etc . - that wear like a cardigan). They're awesome for traveling - can be worn casually, or to dress up a bit
3) more sweaters like the cable knit - turtleneck and shawl collar - but also in donegal and/or other interesting fabrics
4) LS polos
5) Moleskin in the 5-pocket style
6) flannel shirts (plaids and solids)
7) heavyweight casual shirts (but not quite a shacket)
8) More light/medium grey flannel trousers - common sizes always sell out so fast
9) Updated Commuter parka in more fabrics
10) puffer vest in flannel with buttons (not snaps)
11) Dress boots but with storm welt
12) Fox Bros boxer briefs (just seeing if anyone is still reading...)

I’m adding an item to my FW20 wishlist:

A topcoat in this blue Molloy&Sons donegal that Eidos used a few years ago. Please make it happen @spiermackay!:

A796878F-92F5-43A9-B1A8-BFFAFB5C59F0.jpeg

Image courtesy of @brillopad

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads