• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully by next month. It's exactly the same site as what you see now, just prices and payment currency is in USD. Just have to do some testing to make sure it works correctly, then we can make it live.

*crosses fingers dead NAFTA doesn't break everything*

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*crosses fingers dead NAFTA doesn't break everything*

Trump will dismantle NAFTA and keep buying his poor fitting ties from anyone other than S&M.

landscape-1488912580-trump-tie-part-3.jpg

kkeino

Reaction score
Looking to develop leather bags as well. Met with an AMAZING factory during my trip. Thinking of a portfolio/briefcase and maybe a small leather duffle. Ideas?

I would definitely purchased a carry-on weekender bag especially a leather bag.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of new product ideas: something like grenadine ties sound like it would be match for you guys. It's a wardrobe staple, and if your other products are any clue, you could probably bring it to market for a really good value.

Spex

Reaction score
Speaking of new product ideas: something like grenadine ties sound like it would be match for you guys. It's a wardrobe staple, and if your other products are any clue, you could probably bring it to market for a really good value.

This has been requested at least a couple of times. I believe the challenge would be in securing the cloth (AFAIK all grenadine tie fabric is woven by maybe two places in Italy). It might have been that a large amount of product would have to be produced to get the price below Chipp prices. But I should stop speculating and just let Rick reply.

exfalso

Reaction score
This has been requested at least a couple of times. I believe the challenge would be in securing the cloth (AFAIK all grenadine tie fabric is woven by maybe two places in Italy). It might have been that a large amount of product would have to be produced to get the price below Chipp prices. But I should stop speculating and just let Rick reply.

I too think this is the problem -- ties would be tricky at this scale/price. For that reason, I would definitely love to see higher-end ($100+) ties instead.

avidtest

Reaction score
Rick, I've only purchased one jacket and one suit from S&M so far. Size 40 slim. Other than having to shorten the sleeve length a small bit, the fit was perfect, but with one annoying exception. The lapel area sticks out away from my chest, creating a gap between the jacket and my chest. What would recommend as a solution for future purchases? And is their a way to tailor a fix for the ones I have already?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick, I've only purchased one jacket and one suit from S&M so far. Size 40 slim. Other than having to shorten the sleeve length a small bit, the fit was perfect, but with one annoying exception. The lapel area sticks out away from my chest, creating a gap between the jacket and my chest. What would recommend as a solution for future purchases? And is their a way to tailor a fix for the ones I have already?

I think this is referred to as the lapel bowing, and it means the chest is too small.

Would letting the upper back out give some room in the front chest area? On your next jacket you might have to size up.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some bowing and my tailor said letting out the back won't help much w the chest at all. Need to start saving up for mtm...

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
@spiermackay

Rick, wanted to chime in here and say that I just picked up my first suit from you, one of the tobacco herringbones on deep sale. Ridiculous deal. Very nicely made and the fit in 44R for my weightlifter frame was almost perfect otr, just -0.5" in the sleeves; trousers are another story as I'm a drop 8 but oh well. Can't wait to get it back from the tailor, and looking forward to more purchases soon. Thanks so much.

exfalso

Reaction score

I think this is referred to as the lapel bowing, and it means the chest is too small.

Would letting the upper back out give some room in the front chest area? On your next jacket you might have to size up.

It is indeed a sign that the jacket is too small in the (upper) chest area. If the shoulders fit properly, letting it out at the back won't help at all (if there is any fabric left at the chest anyways). I suggest sizing up, or trying the contemporary fit depending on how severe the issue is.

I do wish the jackets come with a more generously-sized chest piece, though.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^How I wish the 40R contemporary came with a little more space in the chest, but 43.3" (if that's accurate) is already better than many companies do in this department so I feel like it's not going to happen. Canvassing that's more shaped / gives better drape would also help but we're looking at bespoke-type things now.

exfalso

Reaction score
^How I wish the 40R contemporary came with a little more space in the chest, but 43.3" (if that's accurate) is already better than many companies do in this department so I feel like it's not going to happen. Canvassing that's more shaped / gives better drape would also help but we're looking at bespoke-type things now.

I am happy with the chest size itself, but the shoulders could be a tad bit larger. My Canali and Pal Zileri sport coats are both more generous in the shoulder/upper chest area but otherwise comparable to S&M jackets of same size.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New Neapolitan Suits are up for Pre-Order. Navy, Medium Gray and Brown Texture.

https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/apparel/suits.html

The difference from the previous version are:

Lowered Gorge
Complete lack of any padding in the shoulder, no shoulder pad, no sleeve pad
Softer Canvas

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads