• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick, I've only purchased one jacket and one suit from S&M so far. Size 40 slim. Other than having to shorten the sleeve length a small bit, the fit was perfect, but with one annoying exception. The lapel area sticks out away from my chest, creating a gap between the jacket and my chest. What would recommend as a solution for future purchases? And is their a way to tailor a fix for the ones I have already?

This can be resolved by a competent tailor. They have to shrink the bridle, which is the part underneath the lapel. Our tailor in Mississauga is quite good at this alteration.

We have looked at making the front chest very slightly bigger, but it's not confirmed as yet. That said, with softer construction jackets such as sportcoats, our new neapolitan suits and the unstructured jackets, these should fit better because of the lack of structure.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow suits look great! Would it be possible to add patch pockets for a fee? Not even Mtm as your suits fit me well.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, Rick. They're awesome. I'm debating whether to try one of your unstructured jackets in the same size or go a size up.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow suits look great! Would it be possible to add patch pockets for a fee? Not even Mtm as your suits fit me well.

No, once the pocket is set it can't be changed. If they added a patch, it would simply be over the other pocket. we could remove the flap, but the jet would still be there.

jamie411

Reaction score
It's pretty great. I called an audible at the last minute as we have originally ordered it in a herringbone.

Good call, Rick. These look great - I want one, probably the brown. Just a website note - the sizing tab for the Brown Contemporary Fit shows the Slim size chart.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

exfalso

Reaction score
We have looked at making the front chest very slightly bigger, but it's not confirmed as yet. That said, with softer construction jackets such as sportcoats, our new neapolitan suits and the unstructured jackets, these should fit better because of the lack of structure.

I would really love that adjustment for sure.

Speaking of adjustments, what do you think of having higher armholes? I think it makes sense especially since the jackets are now completely unstructured.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads