• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the Lovat moleskin as well and think it's great. I just realized that I had a total brainfart and ordered the slim fit instead of the contemporary fit. It'd be fine if I never button up my jacket; but it feels too tight in the stomach area with it buttoned. So I'll see if I can do an exchange.

How do you feel about it as a three season jacket? It's pretty thick; but since it's cotton, I'm thinking it should be ok.

I'm not sure, it's pretty thick and all the brushing of moleskin won't allow it to breathe like other forms of cotton. I guess spring mornings/evenings would probably be ok.

rdepuit

Reaction score
Trying to decide on the brown tweed jacket -- does anyone recall how the weight of this Moon tweed compares to the upcoming donegal/tweed Neapolitan cut jacket?

novaeagle

Reaction score
Wait hold up there's an upcoming jacket in a different cut / material? I must be out of the loop, I don't see it mentioned in the thread?

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait hold up there's an upcoming jacket in a different cut / material? I must be out of the loop, I don't see it mentioned in the thread?
It's been talked about lots. Brown Donegal in the Neapolitan cut, vs this brown merino tweed in standard cut

TheVirt

Reaction score
Which jacket would be the best to get as a standard navy blazer alternative? I admit the usefulness of a navy blazer but I really want one that I can dress down much more and isn't as ubiquitous. Stuck between the moleskin, merino tweed, and the upcoming E.Thomas slub...

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need a definitive list posted once and for all F/W arrivals.

Then need more pics like Burzans blog when they arrive.

Monti pink coxton MTM

IMG_3005.JPG

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been talked about lots. Brown Donegal in the Neapolitan cut, vs this brown merino tweed in standard cut

Oh man, I can't wait to get that donegal in the rotation. I just hope it's not too thick and the fit is thrown off.

Which jacket would be the best to get as a standard navy blazer alternative? I admit the usefulness of a navy blazer but I really want one that I can dress down much more and isn't as ubiquitous. Stuck between the moleskin, merino tweed, and the upcoming E.Thomas slub...

I went through the same dilemma and I am still waiting to see the slub. The clear moleskin choice for me was new lovat since I knew I wanted it wear mostly with denim. When I threw on the tweed with denim yesterday I was quite pleased with how it looked, I wasn't really thinking of it for that but the fabric has enough texture to seem to work. From a versatility standpoint the tweed is going to be the winner of the three. I can see it with chinos, wool trousers, and denim without it looking out of place. That being said I can't quite bring myself to take the tags off until I see that slub made up, it might be amazing.

Need a definitive list posted once and for all F/W arrivals.

Then need more pics like Burzans blog when they arrive.

Monti pink coxton MTM

View attachment 844727

Great shirt!!

I cannot wait to see the forum flooded with fit pics.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I second the question. More specifically, what will look best with:
  • dark denim;
  • blue or brown cords;
  • grey flannel?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the best option for a Navy blazer alternative would be to determine which color would best fit into your wardrobe -- brown or grey. And I'll assume this is probably for Fall/Winter.

Grey would be best if you wear a lot of blues - Grey tweed.

Brown would probably work better if you wear more earth tones. - Brown moleskin/tweed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads