• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMorg88

Reaction score
Pants of my go to navy suit got caught on something and are ruined. Looking to make a MTO purchase. Any recommendations on a navy fabric?

The Zignone Travel fabric caught my eye. I do travel a decent amount and have some travel fabrics in trousers/jackets I do enjoy.

Also, I am a 46L and am pretty happy with the way the neo cut fits me (only option I see OTR in that size), but prefer the look of the standard cut still with a spalla camicia. It appears the standard cut is a little narrower in the shoulders and shorter. Could adjust those to match the neo cut measurements, or do a 47L which is also pretty close? Or just stick with the neo cut and not take the risk?

Appreciate the help guys.

vincenzowl

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with their Duffle Coat? Looking to get one, but never bought from S&M before and don't know much about their outerwear.

I'm a 36S and probably can fit both their 34 and 36, but I am leaning towards the 34 for the shorter sleeves.

CLH03

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with their Duffle Coat? Looking to get one, but never bought from S&M before and don't know much about their outerwear.

I'm a 36S and probably can fit both their 34 and 36, but I am leaning towards the 34 for the shorter sleeves.
I would go with the 36. You can always just shorten the sleeves a bit.

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
Sorry this took so long. Turns out it is a couple shades lighter than the chocolate VBC suit from a couple years ago in natural light. I still don’t think it is nearly as warm with red tones as the online pictures suggest, however.

Attachments

• IMG_5891.jpeg
    IMG_5891.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 336

Imperatores

Reaction score

You should definitely go with a 36, in my opinion. They look roomy on the size chart, but the armholes and sleeves are quite tight (as they tend to be on S&M outerwear). Very easy to shorten the sleeves on these. I happen to have a 36 in navy I've been meaning to sell, if you're interested? Brand new with tags.

vincenzowl

Reaction score
I would go with the 36. You can always just shorten the sleeves a bit.

You should definitely go with a 36, in my opinion. They look roomy on the size chart, but the armholes and sleeves are quite tight (as they tend to be on S&M outerwear). Very easy to shorten the sleeves on these. I happen to have a 36 in navy I've been meaning to sell, if you're interested? Brand new with tags.

Thanks for the insight! I plan on wearing on top of sport coats so that is good to know.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never nice to ape someone's steez, but I do wish SM would cut and paste Armoury's RJ silhouette for their trousers.

Obviously, quality wouldn't be the same (nor should one expect it to, for a 2+X price differential), but it is a mighty tough pill to swallow that their trousers (with a lower listed rise) sit at a higher point on my waist than SMs...unless I commit to the full on wedgie with Spier.

UncommonSequel

Reaction score
Pants of my go to navy suit got caught on something and are ruined. Looking to make a MTO purchase. Any recommendations on a navy fabric?

The Zignone Travel fabric caught my eye. I do travel a decent amount and have some travel fabrics in trousers/jackets I do enjoy.

Also, I am a 46L and am pretty happy with the way the neo cut fits me (only option I see OTR in that size), but prefer the look of the standard cut still with a spalla camicia. It appears the standard cut is a little narrower in the shoulders and shorter. Could adjust those to match the neo cut measurements, or do a 47L which is also pretty close? Or just stick with the neo cut and not take the risk?

Appreciate the help guys.

I believe you can select the "Standard" jacket model for styling, but Neapolitan cut for the base of your jacket size, which should get you what you want.

Zaxxon8

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately S&M cut their overcoat arms and sleeves too slim.
So I took it to my tailor and we came up with a crazy idea to take some of the excess from the hem(it was already a bit long on me) and add a strip from the armpit to the cuff on each sleeve.... The coat is cheap enough that I decided to give it a shot. 😅 Will post back here with results.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never nice to ape someone's steez, but I do wish SM would cut and paste Armoury's RJ silhouette for their trousers.

Obviously, quality wouldn't be the same (nor should one expect it to, for a 2+X price differential), but it is a mighty tough pill to swallow that their trousers (with a lower listed rise) sit at a higher point on my waist than SMs...unless I commit to the full on wedgie with Spier.
One is made in Hong Kong and one is made in China. Not much handmade work so not sure why the quality would not be similar?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone has sizing help on the Arctic Parka. The size Chet is huge compared to other jackets. Just trying to decide on the medium or large.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justbo