• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Docwiggs

Reaction score
I’m looking into getting a Spier and Mackey custom suit but I’m not rly seeing the adjustment options for what I need. I have a 38R Napoli suit that fits OK so I was going to use that as a base to modify. For coat adjustments there’s no change to the armhole placement like with Suitsupply I want to increase the 1/2 back to slide the armhole more foreword or shrink the front panel slightly. I can’t see any way to do this also there’s no way to make the sleeve opening smaller so if I order one I’m gonna need tailoring on it any way you slice it so I might as well go back to Suitsupply unless anyone can provide any advice here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m looking into getting a Spier and Mackey custom suit but I’m not rly seeing the adjustment options for what I need. I have a 38R Napoli suit that fits OK so I was going to use that as a base to modify. For coat adjustments there’s no change to the armhole placement like with Suitsupply I want to increase the 1/2 back to slide the armhole more foreword or shrink the front panel slightly. I can’t see any way to do this also there’s no way to make the sleeve opening smaller so if I order one I’m gonna need tailoring on it any way you slice it so I might as well go back to Suitsupply unless anyone can provide any advice here.
"Don't do that" is the best advice I can think to give. I can't speak to SS sizing, but why not grab a SM suit as a trial run? You can return your first order, and seems far wiser to get a direct comparison than to attempt to extrapolate fit issues across brands.

Docwiggs

Reaction score
"Don't do that" is the best advice I can think to give. I can't speak to SS sizing, but why not grab a SM suit as a trial run? You can return your first order, and seems far wiser to get a direct comparison than to attempt to extrapolate fit issues across brands.
I have a SM suit and it doesn’t fit as good as my SS suits. The arm hole in a SM silhouette sits farther back than the SS one for me. That’s what I was trying to say. Sorry if it doesn’t make sense. But I can’t find any adjust features for this or for collar rolls on the SM custom website

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last year’s DB solaro
2182977F-2E10-4D61-9028-F3E6ADFAB9EA.jpeg
every photo of this suit shows a different color. Here looking copper.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you taper your contemporary trousers? They look great, would've guessed they were slim though.
Good eye. No, I don't, but this pair of trousers were made on the smaller end of factory tolerance for error. So the leg opening isn't as wide as standard size 33 contemporary.

I should add however, that they look more tapered than in reality. The pic was taken in the morning right after an ironing session. The tobacco fresco is very crisp and has a dry hand. So I guess the crease had really set in in this particular pic.

Last edited:

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
I just received a package with a striped linen dress shirt and high rise garment dyed chinos. The shirt is great - nice fabric and great fit. The pants, however are a different story. The fabric feels like paper, and the high rise fit is just silly on me. Maybe if I dropped 15 lbs of belly fat they might look good. But the fabric would still be awful. This is a surprise considering I bought the FW 21 garment dyed chino in March in stone, and the fabric is great. Win some lose some, I suppose.

adamdurbin

Reaction score
Any possibility of seeing the light ice wash denim spread collar shirts coming back? I wore mine until the collar died and it had holes in it. If it comes back I’ll buy 5 immediately. Best shirt of my life.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a package with a striped linen dress shirt and high rise garment dyed chinos. The shirt is great - nice fabric and great fit. The pants, however are a different story. The fabric feels like paper

Can you elaborate on the 'feel like paper' remark please, are they too stiff, too thin, or both?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone's order from the Canada Day sale shipped yet? I haven't ordered in a while so unsure of what I should expect for processing times, about a week maybe?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads