• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickisaguyinBK

Reaction score
I find that I'm usually take one size larger from S&M vs. J. Crew (and similar mall brands). I'm usually a 30-inch waist in the S&M chinos, but a 29-inch waist from J. Crew.

I did find that this season's garment-dyed chinos were a bit snugger than the other chinos I've purchased from S&M over the past few years, but I'm not sure if that was just random variation.

I'm a 33 in J.Crew 770s and apparently a 35 slim in S&M chinos. Hope that helps.

SilentPartner

Reaction score
Just checking that they're running some pretty heavy delays, right? I ordered something at the end of May but it's still processing. It's no big deal, just making sure I don't need to do anything.

By the way, love those high-twist tailored shorts and the knit polos. Feels very 60s gentleman of leisure. Caring for the polos is a little tricky, but they survived a cold wash in good condition without any noticeable shrinkage.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Just checking that they're running some pretty heavy delays, right? I ordered something at the end of May but it's still processing. It's no big deal, just making sure I don't need to do anything.

By the way, love those high-twist tailored shorts and the knit polos. Feels very 60s gentleman of leisure. Caring for the polos is a little tricky, but they survived a cold wash in good condition without any noticeable shrinkage.
What shoes are you wearing with these shorts?

JTrent82

Reaction score
I waited three weeks after my last order for it to finish processing, contacted their service department and it shipped two business days after that. It is a bit troublesome to wait that long for OTR to ship in my opinion.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Without being a dick, I’d check in probably after ~2 weeks or so.

Jlee80

Reaction score

I just got a notification today that my MTO suit ordered on May 11th was marked as shipped. That’s pretty good IMO

Jlee80

Reaction score
Not the best view, but wore one of my new MTO suits with my S&M dress shirt & tie for an event in Chicago today. MTO is the only way to go suit-wise for me.

Attachments

• 48C55B90-0406-4645-9DA0-05A4F6631FAD.jpeg
    48C55B90-0406-4645-9DA0-05A4F6631FAD.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 214

Jlee80

Reaction score
Strong look. Any feedback on the MTO process? Are you pleased with the construction and fit?
I’ve been extremely pleased. I’ve done all their “house brand” fabrics (Filarte) and my orders have arrived from placing of order to doorstep in 5-6 weeks. All measurements have come out well too. I recommend it!

Jlee80

Reaction score
One of my other MTO commissions. I don’t feel like the jacket is too short but I’m sure others disagree. I’m 5’6 so I think it works

Attachments

• C2F31A5D-F439-4331-B82D-B6DFC497F250.jpeg
    C2F31A5D-F439-4331-B82D-B6DFC497F250.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 161

Jlee80

Reaction score
One of my other MTO commissions. I don’t feel like the jacket is too short but I’m sure others disagree. I’m 5’6 so I think it works
Would like to hear anyones thoughts on jacket length. Would a slightly longer jacket look better?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William Elizabeth