• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to say that the level of support from S&M has gotten ridiculous to me. My email and follow ups have gone 9 days without a reply. They lost my continuous support from now.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grey donegal in action. First thought was that it 100% resolved to a bluish shade, but doesn’t at all convey in pictures. Big fan.
F6A3B6E9-2B78-4256-AF14-A16C7EBFEEA8.jpeg

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I'm just going to say that the level of support from S&M has gotten ridiculous to me. My email and follow ups have gone 9 days without a reply. They lost my continuous support from now.

Spier & Mackay is not the Armoury. That's part of how they are able to maintain their prices. Would you prefer better service and higher prices, or the current equilibrium?

Potatoe

Reaction score
Spier & Mackay is not the Armoury. That's part of how they are able to maintain their prices. Would you prefer better service and higher prices, or the current equilibrium?
I hear ya, but I have been trying to get a refund processed for months. I'm just about to send my 5th reminder email. There's one thing you need to be on top and thats refunds. People will go ballistic over money

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I hear ya, but I have been trying to get a refund processed for months. I'm just about to send my 5th reminder email. There's one thing you need to be on top and thats refunds. People will go ballistic over money

That's fair.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's always a limit. I've been buying from S&M for years and dealt with a lot of waiting but this is the worst.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's always a limit. I've been buying from S&M for years and dealt with a lot of waiting but this is the worst.
I have been lucky and been getting responses quickly. It is holiday season so they are probably swamped with emails. I have found the fastest way is to message Rick on Instagram, and if it is something he can't help with personally maybe he can try to get someone's attention to help

tmckay2

Reaction score

Maybe they don't want me to put this on blast but have you tried facebook messenger? I did and got faster responses. They can't just process the refund right then and there but whoever manages it replies quickly and got CS to answer quicker. They also were patient and detailed in answering questions I had as a first time buyer. I don't think people should overwhelm the poor soul but if you are really at wits end its an idea. The service I got there made up for the delay from email.

On an unrelated note, anyone ever hand wash lined wool trousers? I hate dry cleaning and what it can do to fabrics but have never tried hand washing and was curious if anyone had.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a crazy mindset lol. Reasonable response time (even if it’s just acknowledging they’re checking on it) is hardly asking THAT much.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Anyone tried the beanies? I just got mine and it’s hilariously tight. My gf said, and I quote “you look like a rubber”.. based on them being merino will I figured they’d be loose and thick like their turtlenecks but nope..

tmckay2

Reaction score
This is a crazy mindset lol. Reasonable response time (even if it’s just acknowledging they’re checking on it) is hardly asking THAT much.

Agreed if it's solely response time. But if short staffed and during the holidays they could easily miss some of the messages.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the beanies? I just got mine and it’s hilariously tight. My gf said, and I quote “you look like a rubber”.. based on them being merino will I figured they’d be loose and thick like their turtlenecks but nope..

I was going to. But I don't go anywhere these days so I'll just resort to wearing whatever the hell beanie is in the basket above the closet. I think it's a New England patriots beanie I got as a secret Santa

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you message Rick on IG? He's usually responsive there. Shame he isn't here much lately

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads