• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dapperclassic

Reaction score
As I wait for S&M BF sell I have a question for people familiar with Suit supply. I know it always a repeated question but how does suit supply havana compare with S&M contemp SC size? I reviewed the size chart and the measurements looks the same but I would love somebody personal opinion. I wear a size 44r in S&M. I was gonna grab this too but the matching trousers seem to run much smaller than S&M trousers. Is there much luck with letting out their trousers in the seat and thighs?View attachment 1503016
I have this very suit, a few pics on my IG page - you will be able to compare against my SM fits.
Beware, the trousers in this suit were terrible, they were like leggings on me, I sold them and had the trousers remade in a higher rise, a size up via their custom made program.
SM contemporary trousers are far more sensibly cut.

JayDee90

Reaction score
As I wait for S&M BF sell I have a question for people familiar with Suit supply. I know it always a repeated question but how does suit supply havana compare with S&M contemp SC size? I reviewed the size chart and the measurements looks the same but I would love somebody personal opinion. I wear a size 44r in S&M. I was gonna grab this too but the matching trousers seem to run much smaller than S&M trousers. Is there much luck with letting out their trousers in the seat and thighs?View attachment 1503016
Somehow, I can tell simply by looking at this picture that I would never fit into SuitSupply trousers...

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
IME: Havana is shorter in length, tighter in shoulders and chest.
So despite the same measurement in the chest and shoulders Its actually cut smaller? Do I need to size up if the S&M jacket fits perfect.
I have this very suit, a few pics on my IG page - you will be able to compare against my SM fits.
Beware, the trousers in this suit were terrible, they were like leggings on me, I sold them and had the trousers remade in a higher rise, a size up via their custom made program.
SM contemporary trousers are far more sensibly cut.
@dapperclassic You are the very reason why I wanted this suit.

Thank you for all the advice everybody. I guess ill have to stay away from this

wilcthree

Reaction score
Threw on the S&M full canvas Neo suit for my doctoral dissertation defense today. First time wearing this suit and the occasion calls for something special.

Tie is Drakes for Paul Stuart. It’s one of my favorite foulards.

Trews could use a bit of work to drape cleaner, especially behind the knee.

Attachments

Last edited:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So despite the same measurement in the chest and shoulders Its actually cut smaller? Do I need to size up if the S&M jacket fits perfect.
It's not smaller per se, but tighter. I've moved away from Suitsupply completely because of how "modern" their fits have become. With Havana, I need to spend $150 at the tailor to make it more roomy for a good fit. Sizing up is out of the question.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question regarding the Down Parka, would it be enough to hold the Canadian winter?

Tried to do a quick search in this thread and found some great info back in Apr 2020, but kind of looking for user feedback. I have a 5 years old Moose Knuckle that I am looking to replace.

sao

Reaction score
Ok, having owned the last long sleeve polos from a few years back (FW18?) and the short sleeve polos from this past summer both in XL, I purchased the newest LS polos in XL again and can confirm that these fit much better.
Fit is subjective but I would say these now have the best of both previous styles.
Fabric like SS20
Sleeve length slightly shorter than FW18, perfect.
Chest like SS20, more comfortable compared to FW18.
Waist has been taken in compared to SS20 and looks much better.
Length is longer and better then SS20.
Placket and collar size are great as well!

My 2 cents, if this size template is used on SS21 polos, with slightly longer short sleeve length compared to SS20, that’s great!

tripreed

Reaction score
Threw on the S&M full canvas Neo suit for my doctoral dissertation defense today. First time wearing this suit and the occasion calls for something special.

You've definitely stepped up the fit pic quality 👌

mbb355

Reaction score
I think SS jackets are quite short.
One big problem with SS jackets is that my normal size that otherwise fits is too slim to layer knitwear underneath. But then if I sized up, all kinds of non-straightforward alterations would be needed. SS sources great fabrics but their pieces are too slim, their lapels too skinny, their gorges too high. I wish they'd ease up and adopt more classic proportions.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very, very good question. I ordered MTO trousers a couple weeks ago just to see the difference between RTW and to do an experiment to gather data on the question you posed. Barring any quality control issues, I should be able to report back towards the middle of November.
Hey @wilcthree any feedback on your MTO trousers regarding this point?

lostlostlost

Reaction score

Forget the suit from this post ... the doctoral defense is huge! Congrats

(Although the outfit is awesome and I really enjoy seeing your pics. Don't stop those ...)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.