• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbb355

Reaction score
I think SS jackets are quite short.
One big problem with SS jackets is that my normal size that otherwise fits is too slim to layer knitwear underneath. But then if I sized up, all kinds of non-straightforward alterations would be needed. SS sources great fabrics but their pieces are too slim, their lapels too skinny, their gorges too high. I wish they'd ease up and adopt more classic proportions.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very, very good question. I ordered MTO trousers a couple weeks ago just to see the difference between RTW and to do an experiment to gather data on the question you posed. Barring any quality control issues, I should be able to report back towards the middle of November.
Hey @wilcthree any feedback on your MTO trousers regarding this point?

lostlostlost

Reaction score
Threw on the S&M full canvas Neo suit for my doctoral dissertation defense today. First time wearing this suit and the occasion calls for something special.

Tie is Drakes for Paul Stuart. It’s one of my favorite foulards.

Trews could use a bit of work to drape cleaner, especially behind the knee.

Forget the suit from this post ... the doctoral defense is huge! Congrats

(Although the outfit is awesome and I really enjoy seeing your pics. Don't stop those ...)

nzahir

Reaction score
Yes, this is a notorious problem with S&M. I recently had a tailor take in the bicep area and the end result was good.
How much did it run you?

I am contemplating returning it, but not sure yet.

Anyone else have bicep areas that are too loose?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'd like one! I have a S&M order arriving on Wednesday. Is anyone keeping track of how many drops there have been this month? This is like the fourth or fifth one. I really wish they would just drop all the new stuff at the beginning of the month or something. This trickle out approach is killing me.
Better to keep the money flowing in. :)
Threw on the S&M full canvas Neo suit for my doctoral dissertation defense today. First time wearing this suit and the occasion calls for something special.

Congrats, Looks like you slayed it!

Last edited:

EddieK

Reaction score
Anyone know if it's possible to get sleeves on MTO sportcoats slimmed? I don't see any option for that in the sizing section

nevaeh

Reaction score

Congratulations! That’s a big moment when your reading committee calls you “doctor”!

SteveMc

Reaction score
Yes, I'd like one! I have a S&M order arriving on Wednesday. Is anyone keeping track of how many drops there have been this month? This is like the fourth or fifth one. I really wish they would just drop all the new stuff at the beginning of the month or something. This trickle out approach is killing me.

Just noticed another drop, beanies!

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much did it run you?

I am contemplating returning it, but not sure yet.

Anyone else have bicep areas that are too loose?

Like the guy said, known problem. Look at a lot of the pics esp neo that guys post, you'll notice arms that look too big relative the rest of the portions. All IMO, of course.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I wait for S&M BF sell I have a question for people familiar with Suit supply. I know it always a repeated question but how does suit supply havana compare with S&M contemp SC size? I reviewed the size chart and the measurements looks the same but I would love somebody personal opinion. I wear a size 44r in S&M. I was gonna grab this too but the matching trousers seem to run much smaller than S&M trousers. Is there much luck with letting out their trousers in the seat and thighs? View attachment 1503016

SuitSupply Havana is SMALLER/TIGHTER than S&M SLIM. I have a bunch of both, and this is always the case. In fact, I would reckon that the Suitsupply Sienna is closer to S&M slim, and the Sienna is still more trim, but much closer to the S&M slim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads