• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Have a fit question for anyone in the know. I own a pair of 34 contemporary fit 5 pocket cords from last year. I recently tried on a pair of 34 slim moleskins and they fit great - but the 34 contemporary 5 pocket cords from last year fit snugly enough I could not imagine going slim. Do the fits differ depending on dress trouser vs casual?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Data point. Just received my western shirts, as a reminder I wear a 38R contemporary jacket, am 5’11”/160lbs/34.5 sleeve/15 neck:
0760F9B6-502C-4860-ADF6-249A6F278B00.jpeg

This is a slim Small, which per the size chart, should fit me. It technically does fit me, but it’s a tad more slim than I would like through the chest and the sleeves. Also, the collar isn’t overly stiff but does have removable collar stays. I want to exchange for a Slim Medium, but my big concern is with how short the shirt is. It’s definitely designed to be untucked, but I would likely wear it tucked in.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's outrageous. Does it even exist that many colours? :rotflmao:
EDIT: I guess you're not limiting yourself to strictly colour combinations.

Summer vs winter fabrics, lined vs unlined, fabric vs suede, urban vs country. When you consider those there really is no limit. Alas I already have country field jackets in those SM colors.

JayDee90

Reaction score
Knits are not usually restocked until the next year. Keep an eye out as there may be returns.
Most seasonal items are not restocked. Staples will be but otherwise you will likely have to wait for the next run/season if S&M decides to bring that particular item/style back.

gavrarabba

Reaction score
seems like these sold faster than expected. I held off, purchased one from @Kent Wang in the meantime. But i would really love to compare and the moss green is a great color. plus I'm choosing these over jackets to work often this fall thus far.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's with the flap pockets on the new sport coat arrivals? It feels American like J Crew or Brooks Bros.

Last edited:

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Trying to decide between some trousers. What do people think of the Drago vs VBC vs Guabello frabics? Haven't got much experience with Drago (outside of jackets) and VBC.

EDIT: Well, still interested in the opinions, but apparently the filter did me wrong and none of these are in stock in my size ?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's with the flap pockets on the new sport coat arrivals? It feels American like J Crew or Brooks Bros.
Yea, I remember Rick saying on an Instagram post some people have been wanting more traditional sport coats for more formal-ish business attire, thus the flap pockets, padded shoulders, etc. Wonder how they are selling
Trying to decide between some trousers. What do people think of the Drago vs VBC vs Guabello frabics? Haven't got much experience with Drago (outside of jackets) and VBC.

EDIT: Well, still interested in the opinions, but apparently the filter did me wrong and none of these are in stock in my size ?

Yea, the filter seems to do me dirty sometimes also. Almost have to double check to see if the filter worked or not, which kind of defeats the purpose of a filter lol

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Data point. Just received my western shirts, as a reminder I wear a 38R contemporary jacket, am 5’11”/160lbs/34.5 sleeve/15 neck:
View attachment 1490593

This is a slim Small, which per the size chart, should fit me. It technically does fit me, but it’s a tad more slim than I would like through the chest and the sleeves. Also, the collar isn’t overly stiff but does have removable collar stays. I want to exchange for a Slim Medium, but my big concern is with how short the shirt is. It’s definitely designed to be untucked, but I would likely wear it tucked in.
Damn, I wish my MTM shirts fit this well, that's a great fit.

tripreed

Reaction score
So, I saw that OCBDs got restocked. I usually wear a 16x33 or 16.5x33 in Contemporary, mostly depending on how much I think I'll be wearing it with a tie. I looked at the Medium Blue oxford and for 16x33 Contemporary it says only 3 are in stock. For 16.5x33 Contemporary it says only 2 are in stock. I didn't think that my size was some sort of weird outlier size, I actually assumed it was pretty common. As such, I feel like the number of shirts they seem to have in those sizes, especially for such a staple shirt, are very small. Am I being unreasonable? Am just I a weirder shirt size than I think I am?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads