• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green seersucker and blue stripe shirt. Still haven't touched the pants. The jacket is too good.

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_172348~2.jpg
    IMG_20200816_172348~2.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 139

cr2596

Reaction score
Green seersucker and blue stripe shirt. Still haven't touched the pants. The jacket is too good.
Nice. I’m wearing the pants right now because I’m just around the house and they are quite roomy. Too roomy. I need to get them back to the tailor to see what can be done. The unexpected jump in hip and thigh room really messed up my ordering + tailoring plan.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I’m wearing the pants right now because I’m just around the house and they are quite roomy. Too roomy. I need to get them back to the tailor to see what can be done. The unexpected jump in hip and thigh room really messed up my ordering + tailoring plan.

Yep. They're very roomy. I have to take them back to the tailor as well; waist needs to be taken in. I've got the tabs pulled all the way for now.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the green seersucker - do you guys highly recommend it?

Highly but fit is really odd compared to other SM suits. Trousers are definitely too roomy. I've slimmed them down and wearing them just yesterday makes me want to slim them more. In total contrast with the jacket that's 1 size too small than norm.

james.darley

Reaction score
CBE242DF-89D0-4DF7-95AF-7D830621DF2C.jpeg

Spier really hit it out of the park with the burgundy & green madras. It is going to be perfect for the hot and humid NYC summers. I am looking forward to having them bring it back next spring, which they mentioned on Instagram.

I could see it pairing up well with a linen field jacket or summer bomber in navy or green for a smart casual look or you could do a more traditional pairing with khaki chinos and a tropical navy blazer.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the green seersucker - do you guys highly recommend it?

Great colour. Nice fabric. Disappointing fit. As Riva said, the jacket is tight. Small shoulder opening, slim sleeve, tight waist.

The pants are what needs the most work. They are very roomy. Roomy even on my t h i c c thighs.

If you love the colour and are okay with spending $120+ on tailoring (CAD$) , then get it.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Great colour. Nice fabric. Disappointing fit. As Riva said, the jacket is tight. Small shoulder opening, slim sleeve, tight waist.

The pants are what needs the most work. They are very roomy. Roomy even on my t h i c c thighs.

If you love the colour and are okay with spending $120+ on tailoring (CAD$) , then get it.
Thanks for this. I am usually 40 slim jacket and 35 contemp trousers so I ordered 40 contemp jacket and will take the standard 34 contemp trousers. Hope that makes it work.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonEM