• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheGivingSpoon

Reaction score
Any particular fabrics you guys are looking for in Spring/Summer suiting or jackets? Fabics and/or colours/patterns?

To echo others, a summer gun check, of the typical tan variety or a muted blue. Some suggestions below. I think the key to a good gun check is to avoid too many contrasting colours.

Would also be interested in a light blue / mid blue, large scale glen plaid.

FWIW, while I know 3r2 jackets are popular here, I hope there continue to be two button only jacket offerings.

Last edited:

vaginite

Reaction score
Could you check your emails, please ?

I am waiting on a refund since almost a month. You received the shirts on the 22th of June.

Also, you have sent me an email asking to try on a custom shirt (I ordered three). I answered that the shirt fits great and I requested two small changes, but no answers yet.

swimgood

Reaction score
Hopefully early August.

Can you PM me your order#, I'll get it dealt with ASAP.

As explained before, we were having some CS issues. We recently hired new staff that started this week that will help us burn through the backlog and get caught up by early next week to get us back on track.

Can you help me initiate my return as well? I had e-mailed last week and called but haven't heard back. I'm moving soon, so would like to at least get my return item mailed in before I move. Also, I had ordered the suit I wanted in the correct size and love it. Much thanks!

Spex

Reaction score
Any particular fabrics you guys are looking for in Spring/Summer suiting or jackets? Fabics and/or colours/patterns?

Have you guys ever thought about making a cotton sport coat, ala LBM 1911? You guys are great at introducing basic staples, and I think cotton jackets in navy and tan would be really useful to most guys, with it's tailored yet casual vibe. Unlined and unstructured, of course.

For wool or linen sport coats I would also vote for fabrics in blues (that blue check posted by The Giving Spoon is great), as those would be easy to incorporate into most of our existing trouser combinations. I find darker browns useful as well, and I don't see them very often. I don't like patterns that are too busy, though, nor fabrics that are not somewhat textured.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could you check your emails, please ?

I am waiting on a refund since almost a month. You received the shirts on the 22th of June.

Also, you have sent me an email asking to try on a custom shirt (I ordered three). I answered that the shirt fits great and I requested two small changes, but no answers yet.

Can you please PM your order number. I'll have CS get on that.

As explained earlier, we had an unexpetced surge of volume that started in late May and has been keeping up since. We apologize for any delays in CS communication and processing. We have since hired 4 new people to help get things straightened out. Your patience is greatly appreciated and we should be caught up shortly with all the backlog that has accumulated.

Burke

Reaction score

Have you guys ever thought about making a cotton sport coat, ala LBM 1911? You guys are great at introducing basic staples, and I think cotton jackets in navy and tan would be really useful to most guys, with it's tailored yet casual vibe. Unlined and unstructured, of course.

For wool or linen sport coats I would also vote for fabrics in blues (that blue check posted by The Giving Spoon is great), as those would be easy to incorporate into most of our existing trouser combinations. I find darker browns useful as well, and I don't see them very often. I don't like patterns that are too busy, though, nor fabrics that are not somewhat textured.

+1 on the navy and tan in cotton.

kopo

Reaction score
Is it normal for the Tobacco 73/23% Linen to have this "slub" look to it? I was not expecting that based on the pics on the website.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mine has that ascwell, fwiw

Spex

Reaction score
Considering the amount of linen in it, I would think that would be expected.

doodledoc

Reaction score
Is it normal for the Tobacco 73/23% Linen to have this "slub" look to it? I was not expecting that based on the pics on the website.

Is that picture an accurate representation of the color of the suit?

kopo

Reaction score
It is to me...kind of a golden brown with a red tint to it. It was a lighter color than I expected based on other member pics.

Actually...copper is a good color description.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is darker.

As far as linen = slubs: it depends on the quality of the linen and the way in which the woven is woven. So you can have 100% linen without slubs and something like this, with less than a quarter linen, with slubs.

Like wrinkles, slubs can be a part of linen's charm.

Last edited:

jaidog

Reaction score
I will be in Missisaugua on Saturday 7/3. I would like to visit one of your stores to see some fabric in-person and get fitted for some MTO shirts. I would also like to look at some RTW shirts. To do this, should I visit your Missisaugua location or Toronto location? Also, what are your hours at each of these locations on 7/3?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your in miss, go to the miss store. 10-4 they have all fabrics there normally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads